Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 20. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If you want to invest in ICO, then pay attention to the project Vireo. This ICO is very interesting and promising! Try it!
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Power to gnomes!
What did you want? Has anyone been interested in statistics of regular startups? It is believed that 5-10% of successful projects is a good indicator. Investors lose in 90% of cases and it is considered to be perfectly normal! The remaining 10% covers losses. Why do you think that ICO should be on the other?
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
As for me this year will be less fail projects and more reliable in which you can safely invest and wait for profit !
Activity: 193
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Indeed all the projects are unlikely to succeed all must have failed. Therefore we must be clever to choose the projects that will succeed in the future.
Activity: 266
Blockchain with solar energy
Yeah sadly its also somewhat valid for 2018 past icos too. ICOs lost past gas behind them.
I think it was also bit affected by bear market too. People stopped buying more coins, sadly.
Activity: 168
I join on Apex (CPX), it's already x2 in NEO and x2 in USD Smiley and Zeepin, it's already x2 in neo
Activity: 658
This percentage of failed ICOs last year is very high, but these numbers do not surprise me. Many people just to speculate and try to get rich decide to create a blockchain platform without a project and a quality team and inevitably fail, making people lose a lot of money. An industry regulation to protect investors is urgent for this reason too
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Not sure how they get these stats? 95% don't reach hardcap so most of those would count as a failure.

Well it that stat is true then I'm pretty sure that one of those reasons is that they haven't reached softcap or hardcap. But there are projects that reach both, but failed anyways.

The problem with most of the project is sustainability. After the project becomes successful, the devs doesn't stay active that's why the coin suddenly disappear so I will also count that as failure in any sense.
Activity: 182
Since the ICO came out later almost coppy followed but the ICO succeeded earlier. It does not bring much Hope as well: Offers more demand. When supplies are not available, Demand will automatically decrease. Drag along that is the failed ICO.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Only 46%? Then it was a very good year for ICOs. I thought the number of losers was bigger. It is still very risky to invest in these projects. However, I am sure that the situation will be improved soon.
Activity: 199

I feel sorry for those who invest in ICO last year and lost today. I hope they can recover this year on other altcoin. It is a lesson learned from new investors in cryptocurrency that they should  research and carefully pick a potential ICO that could grow like Ethereum and other successful ICO.
Activity: 123
In fact, 90% of ico's listed prices are lower than the cost price this year. Most of the projects are scams, and I think this trend will continue, and I call on investors to look closely and invest calmly.
Activity: 335
a sufficient condition of concern. Is this a bad omen for crypto? I am a little concerned. This of course would have much influence on the various aspects in crypto. Especially will be directly impacted the market. I look forward to hopefully, ICO project soon can bounce back, and many successful projects.
Activity: 61
Merit: 1
The market has gone down a lot in the past few months hence you are thinking like that.
Activity: 85
Not sure how they get these stats? 95% don't reach hardcap so most of those would count as a failure.
But some of them can still continue if they did not reach their hardcap as what is important is the softcap.
Activity: 69
Activity: 379
Merit: 251
Not surprised at this number. If I'm being honest, I must say that I was expecting a higher number than this of the coins that have failed from last year. This means that over 50% are still active and going strong which is a good thing. The new projects and coins end up failing so fast because they really do not offer anything to their investors besides holding a coin and no other uses.
Activity: 84
What is undeniable is that most of the ICO project this year next year will die, because they have no value, the significance of their existence is to encircle money only, appear too many too many fraud project.
Activity: 146
I think this year's ICO failure rate will continue to increase, many projects do not have specific business, just by virtue of a concept began to raise funds. And some projects ICO will get a lot of money. Many teams have no incentive to push the project after they get the money, which is very bad.
brand new
Activity: 0
This area is relatively new and it is not surprising that many ICOs have failed.I think that in the future this situation will change and everything will be more successful
Pages:
Jump to: