Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 Hardware Wallets, compared feature by feature - page 2. (Read 2607 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
I found another hardware wallet Safeguard BVKey but I am not sure if they just cloned and slightly modified ledger device and made it more expensive:
https://safeguardvault.me/products/bvkey/
Red flags all over the place - Both their privacy policy[1] and terms of use[2] are mostly copied from Coinkite own privacy policy[4] and terms of use[5]. I wasn't able to find any association of this product within Coinkite website and store[5] so I am just assuming that this was ill intended. If you click on their "Subscribe" button here[6] a random e-mail appears as well ([email protected]) which gives the idea that this was a rushed project.

Also, if you hover into their application links for Android and iOS (notice that the acronym is badly spelled) it will take you to a "fir.xcxwo.com" domain which is another red flag since it will take you to a shady webpage (belonging to China[7]) where it will present you a QR Code that probably will infect the device where you install it. I wouldn't touch this device with a stick (even while wearing a thin hat).

[1]https://safeguardvault.me/privacy/
[2]https://safeguardvault.me/terms/
[3]https://coinkite.com/privacy
[4]https://coinkite.com/terms-of-use
[5]https://store.coinkite.com/store
[6]https://safeguardvault.me/faq/
[7]https://urlscan.io/result/6a74ab74-03da-4d05-b399-7c6110c12839/
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
- Added Frostnap hardware wallet
I don't know what to think about this new Frostnap device, and can we even call it a hardware wallet.
We don't have any substantial information about specs or price, except one early photo preview and text how everything should work in theory.

I found another hardware wallet Safeguard BVKey but I am not sure if they just cloned and slightly modified ledger device and made it more expensive:
https://safeguardvault.me/products/bvkey/
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
- Now you can see the latest version and release date of each hardware wallet firmware.
Here are a few of the missing versions with their release dates:

- Ledger Nano S Plus = v1.1.1 [January 8, 2024]
- Ledger Nano S Plus = v2.2.3 [October 19, 2023]
- Ellipal Titan Mini = v3.11.0 [?]
- Ellipal Titan 2.0 = v3.12.0 [?]
- D'CENT Biometric Wallet = v2.30.1 [December 18, 2023]
- NGrave Zero = v1.4.1 [January 2024]
- Safepal S1 = v1.0.54 [November 29, 2023]
- Safepal S1 Pro = v1.0.54 [November 29, 2023]
- Safepal X1 = v1.0.4 [November 29, 2023]

Quite interesting... In case you missed my "previous post", there's another one that's missing from your list.
Activity: 115
Merit: 314
Some news about the website in the last weeks:
- Now you can see the latest version and release date of each hardware wallet firmware.
- New features added:
  - Support to view receive address as QR
  - Support to view receive address as Text
  - Support to export receive addresses to SDcard
  - Support to verify receive address from QR
Thanks for the idea. Could you give me more info so I can analyze it? Those websites you mention, for example. I am trying to focus on self-custody, so I want to be sure those additions are a good idea or not.
This would be more like a way to spend Bitcoin on websites and services where Bitcoin is not accepted directly.
For example of gift cards there are websites like thebitcoincompany.com, bitrefill.com and maybe few others, that can be used to purchase this cards without kyc.
As for debit cards there are both kyc and no-kyc, virtual and physical, some of them are issues by centralized exchanges or other by companies.

Few examples I found in bitcointalk forum:
1. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-gift-cards-providers-5208530
2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/v2-big-list-of-crypto-debit-cards-5473572

Ok. Sounds interesting but I would prefer to keep my focus on products related to self custody.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Thanks for the idea. Could you give me more info so I can analyze it? Those websites you mention, for example. I am trying to focus on self-custody, so I want to be sure those additions are a good idea or not.
This would be more like a way to spend Bitcoin on websites and services where Bitcoin is not accepted directly.
For example of gift cards there are websites like thebitcoincompany.com, bitrefill.com and maybe few others, that can be used to purchase this cards without kyc.
As for debit cards there are both kyc and no-kyc, virtual and physical, some of them are issues by centralized exchanges or other by companies.

Few examples I found in bitcointalk forum:
1. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-gift-cards-providers-5208530
2. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/v2-big-list-of-crypto-debit-cards-5473572
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I get a bit confused in terms of making comparisons - especially if one wallet type is not next to the one that I am trying to compare, or having to scroll across several pages horizontally to be able to see the comparisons in which I am interested.

Sure, I see the ability to filter various categories, but could there be a way to either select favorites (and then compare favorites) or maybe just a click box in the right upper corner to compare specific ones that are clicked (or the box could allow for the placement of a number value such as 1, 2, 3 and then the wallets would be sorted in accordance with the number that the user types in the box.. all the 1s would go next to each other, all the 2s next to each other, but after the 1s, and the ones without numerical assignment in their box would come last)..

Maybe being able to compare up to 10 or more at a time.. or if they are put in the order that the user-chooses, then maybe all of them can be compared and prioritized by the user.. and then that would end up allowing an ability for the user to order the wallets in a personalized way..- to customize which ones are next to each other if scrolling through the comparisons?
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. On the filters section you have the ability to filter by wallet name so that you can pick your favorites.
Maybe you can explain a little bit better how I would achieve such a result to compare 5-10 wallets side by side and in one glance rather than typing in and presumptively looking at one named wallet at a time.

Let's say for example, I wanted to compare: 1) Jade, 2) Coldcard Mk4, 3) Bitbox02 (BTC ONLY), 4) Keystone 3 Pro, 5) Passport Batch 2, 6) Trezor Model T, 7) SafePal S1 Pro Cool SafePal S1 Pro 9) KeepKey and 10) CoolWalletPro.

Then how would I accomplish such side-by-side comparison of those specific 10 HWs?

What I am suggesting is to put some kind of a check box or even a number ranking so that I can rank them myself and be able to see the ones that I choose side by side.  Do you see what I mean?  Is such a thing already possible?  If not, can you see how it would be user-friendly to be able to achieve a customized selection of side-by-side comparisons?
You can see the step-by-step in this video I posted on Twitter
https://twitter.com/thebitcoinhole/status/1732846389367906370

Basically, you need to go to Filters -> Basic Information -> Name and then pick all the wallets you want to compare.

Oh?  Thanks.  now I am feeling dumb.  I see it now.  Within basic information there is a drop down menu on the "name" button in which I can select the wallets from within that dropdown menu that I might want to compare.  

So yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say that I wanted to be able to do, but I could not figure out a way to get to that point.. .. until now..   I do think that it might be better to change the descriptor to something like "compare by name" rather than just saying "name" or some other way of highlighting that compare feature a bit better, because some people (similar to me) might get overwhelmed by how many wallets there are, and just end up leaving the site and yes if they are on a phone or other small-screened device then maybe they can only compare a few wallets at a time..

Now that I know how to do it.. I am going to feel more empowered to make comparisons in the other sections that you list too, such as nodes or software wallets.
I get a bit confused in terms of making comparisons - especially if one wallet type is not next to the one that I am trying to compare, or having to scroll across several pages horizontally to be able to see the comparisons in which I am interested.

Sure, I see the ability to filter various categories, but could there be a way to either select favorites (and then compare favorites) or maybe just a click box in the right upper corner to compare specific ones that are clicked (or the box could allow for the placement of a number value such as 1, 2, 3 and then the wallets would be sorted in accordance with the number that the user types in the box.. all the 1s would go next to each other, all the 2s next to each other, but after the 1s, and the ones without numerical assignment in their box would come last)..

Maybe being able to compare up to 10 or more at a time.. or if they are put in the order that the user-chooses, then maybe all of them can be compared and prioritized by the user.. and then that would end up allowing an ability for the user to order the wallets in a personalized way..- to customize which ones are next to each other if scrolling through the comparisons?
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. On the filters section you have the ability to filter by wallet name so that you can pick your favorites.

Maybe you can explain a little bit better how I would achieve such a result to compare 5-10 wallets side by side and in one glance rather than typing in and presumptively looking at one named wallet at a time.

Let's say for example, I wanted to compare: 1) Jade, 2) Coldcard Mk4, 3) Bitbox02 (BTC ONLY), 4) Keystone 3 Pro, 5) Passport Batch 2, 6) Trezor Model T, 7) SafePal S1 Pro Cool SafePal S1 Pro 9) KeepKey and 10) CoolWalletPro.

Then how would I accomplish such side-by-side comparison of those specific 10 HWs?

What I am suggesting is to put some kind of a check box or even a number ranking so that I can rank them myself and be able to see the ones that I choose side by side.  Do you see what I mean?  Is such a thing already possible?  If not, can you see how it would be user-friendly to be able to achieve a customized selection of side-by-side comparisons?

You can see the step-by-step in this video I posted on Twitter
https://twitter.com/thebitcoinhole/status/1732846389367906370

Basically, you need to go to Filters -> Basic Information -> Name and then pick all the wallets you want to compare.
legendary

What I am suggesting is to put some kind of a check box or even a number ranking so that I can rank them myself and be able to see the ones that I choose side by side.  Do you see what I mean?  Is such a thing already possible?  If not, can you see how it would be user-friendly to be able to achieve a customized selection of side-by-side comparisons?
Thanks for the suggestion. I added it.
I think you should add Seedkeeper by Satochip as one of the Seed Backup solutions.
This is not made from metal, but it is waterproof and it's better than paper in my opinion.
https://satochip.io/product/seedkeeper/

Can I pitch you another idea?

I know you are doing a great job on your website with hardware wallets, software wallets, seed backups, btc nodes and books,
but how about adding comparison for Debit Card and Gift Cards that support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
There is only one or two websites doing that, mostly with outdated data and I am not impressed with them.
legendary
Cashback 15%
I think you should add Seedkeeper by Satochip as one of the Seed Backup solutions.
This is not made from metal, but it is waterproof and it's better than paper in my opinion.
https://satochip.io/product/seedkeeper/

Can I pitch you another idea?

I know you are doing a great job on your website with hardware wallets, software wallets, seed backups, btc nodes and books,
but how about adding comparison for Debit Card and Gift Cards that support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
There is only one or two websites doing that, mostly with outdated data and I am not impressed with them.

legendary

legendary
Cashback 15%
Added 3 new features to the Hardware Wallets comparison
Imagine having no coin control in hardware wallet  Roll Eyes
Well anyone who purchase new Bitkey hardware wallet won't have that option, but they are not the only one.
I was surprised to see that many other hardware wallets don't have this basic feature available, to name some:
Ellipal all models, D'cent, Cypherock, SecuX all models, Ngrave, Prokey, Safepal all models, Keevo, Tangem, CoolWallet, etc.

PS
Bitkey is obviously not open source, according to their website, and latest statements.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
@maxirosson
Just noticed one of the hardware wallets that only supported their utility token on its launch, is now supporting Bitcoin [and a few others] as well: KleverSafe

• EAL 5+ Secure Element
  • 12/24 words seed phrase
  • IP67-Rated
  • Not compatible with other third-party apps
  • $199 price tag

Added 3 new features to the Hardware Wallets comparison:
Nice additions Smiley
Added 3 new features to the Hardware Wallets comparison:
- Fee Control
- Replace-by-fee (RBF)
- Child-pays-for-parent (CPFP)
Created a new topic with all the hardware wallets deals on this Black Friday.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63209212
- Added Ellipal Titan 2.0. The previous Titan wallet is now discountinued.
- Added new Tangem Ring
- SecuX Shield Bio is in stock, not in pre-order.
- Satochip integration on Sparrow
Activity: 462
Merit: 263
CONTEST ORGANIZER

Full HD IPS Display
Totally useless feature for hardware wallet.
Nobody is going to play games or watch movies on ellipal.

Agree but you know how the markets move and you need to bring always "something new" and also you need to justify the price of your product so you start to add nonsense or not utilitty things to the product.

And when  you go to massive markets some idiots start to see more the display than the security of the wallet.... Sad but true.
legendary
Cashback 15%
here are the differences with the previous gen:
Well if Forbes is recommending it, than it must be ''good''  Tongue
I don't see any important changes, it still has closed source code, and it's much heavier than most modern smartphones.
With weight of 340g this is a real brick.

Full HD IPS Display
Totally useless feature for hardware wallet.
Nobody is going to play games or watch movies on ellipal.
Pages:
Jump to: