Pages:
Author

Topic: 60% of world population cannot access computer so Bitcoins will fail. - page 16. (Read 1890 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002
You don't need a computer, a mobile device is enough to get some bitcoins. Around 50% of the world population have a access to internet, this number will progress over time and bitcoin needs time too to progress, so that's still fine  Smiley

I remember there was a solution, years ago, which gave it possible to send some bitcoins through SMS. Does this still exist ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Yes it is true that many still persons cant access bitcoin but the fact that bitcoin will fall because of the people who cant access the bitcoin is wrong thought. Way back many people really dont know about bitcoin i guess only 15%-20% of people know about bitcoin. Compare right know that it increases and i dont think that is the reason bitcoin will fall.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
Many people don't have access to credit cards but it didn't mean credit cards would fail. Give it some credit here. Internet will explode and more people will have access
Activity: 196
Merit: 274
Half of the world population can't get to or did not have time nor ability to open a website site, but rather the inquiry is do web come up short? No, why, in light of the fact that those half of the people is sufficiently huge to maintain the development of the web. A similar path runs with crypto. coin market cap says that there are 6 million people that have crypto wallet but it is still a little but could be sufficient to the growth of cryptos. As there are more and more people that is believing in crypto, it will not fail.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
I dont agree with you, from the time bitcoin began, there was plenty of brave people who invested and patiently waited for bitcoin to grow as how it is big today,  there are plenty of computer users back then, but bitcoin grew larger and larger up to this present day, we cannot assume that because not all people use internet or computer does not necessarily means bitcoin will not go to the mainstream, there are students today that has access or the chance to learn computer stuff and the next generations will follow the same. So it is progressive in terms of computer literacy for people today. Eventually, lots of people will have an idea of how bitcoin works.
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
Bitcoin has gone a long way since more than 60% of world population cant access computer, if you look back a few years ago i think there are more than that. But technology will always lead the change of the world, people will be forced to change, otherwise they will be left behind. Bitcoin didnt need all of the world populations to strive. They only need people who had a lot of money that using them for financial transactions, as an example the 1% wealthy people who will beat the 99% odds.
Activity: 321
Merit: 100
Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark
...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.

lol, 60% of the world population cannot access computers but apple, facebook, google are the strongest companies in the world.
a significant amount of the world population can not find necessary protein in order to survive, however people still pays for precious metals such as gold.

Wealth does not have to be mainstream. Wealth is for rich peoplei and rich people needs cryptocurrency in order to make transactions around the world in the global system. How can you be so narrow minded and think that majority have to access computers.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.

This is new for me, I've never thought that there are less computer users than that. I thought it would be like close to 70 to 80 percent of the World population but I think these proves me wrong. Also, not all of that 60 percent computer users don't really know digital currencies but still, I don't think that Bitcoin will fall. The bitcoin price reaches $20K with that population and not all of them really know what bitcoin and digital currency is, so I think it will not fall.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Of course it will fail as a mainstream currency just like you said not everyone has an access to computer or internet but why would you like it to become mainstream or take over real money?, I know it will be convenient as a currency but for me having a physical money is more secured than a data that can be hacked
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
Agree with your point but it won't be like this in future since everyday there's improvement in technology and internet. Electricity been discovered a decade before but still there are places where electricity known or no connectivity. Likewise internet cannot be serviced or used by everyone but majority of people using it would impact the trend. Bitcoin won't get affected due to this reason and would be in high usage in future when everything is in place.
Activity: 121
Merit: 86
You have 0 sendable merit (sMerit)
Which 60% does not matter because we as human beings have relationships, electronic devices such as computers or smartphones can be used without having to buy it, and I am sure at one time the entire population of the world will definitely have a computer, because I find the fact that the more sophisticated technology directly proportional to the increasingly cheap price.
Activity: 210
Merit: 15

Having no access with computer is different from having an access to the internet. With the presence of smartphones and tablets anybody can engage with bitcoin. It has survived its 9 years of existence and at the moment it is still alive and going strong.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
How in the world you have come to a conclusion that there   40% of the world population can access computers.
Any reference ?

Secondly, I think computers are not the only way to access bitcoins. Mobile phones are developed every year for crying out loud.
Though there are still remote areas in some countries, they can know how to adapt to changes.

Also, Bitcoin doesn't aim to be mainstream but just to be accessible, for convinience, less fees. It can not replace fiat ever. One reason is currency discrepancies.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
If we say exactly about bitcoin those remine 40% of people on the earth who can allow themselves a computer will all use bitcoin one day, and cause of it's short number (~21 mln) such number is going to be enough to the demand made the price for bitcoin some times higher from the current one. Add to that I think the percent of people who have a comp is going to raise and the demand and bitcoin's use together with that.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
60% of the total population? so you are saying that the 60% of the total population is living on Africa where they do not even have water to drink?

Mate, if you are going to spread FUD in here, at least, try to create something more relevant, and credible than this shit.

Just my two cents.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
60%? Where did you get your data?
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
For using bitcoins you dont need a computer, at least smartphone enough.
You can pay with him, transfer, and cashout...
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
I think you are trying to say that bitcoin will fail to become a mainstream currency because 60% of the world population don't have access to the computer. If I am understanding you correctly, then let me assure you that bitcoin is not structurally built and fit for becoming a mainstream currency in any way. It is an experimental virtual currency which implemented the idea of a decentralized currency successfully for the first time through blockchain technology. It is not trying to become a mainstream one.

So bitcoin will always be used by those with a certain level of technological expertise  and not by any common people. Even though the process for bitcoin payment has been made very simpler by many third party wallet provider, but majority of the governments will not want to allow bitcoin to mingle with their own centralized currency system. It is and will always remain as a digital currency and an excellent store of value.

Everything that avikz said is on point. It is true that Bitcoin is not for everyone as it has a very complex structure despite being tried simplified by some third party application. One may say that its accessibility is a limitation towards being used widely but the truth is that if it becomes a mainstream currency, people would incorporate other aspects that may defeat its purpose. To simply put, Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that allows exclusive transaction over the virtual world.

If bitcoin (or anything, really) isn't used by "common" people it fails. But I think the cryptocurrencies will be used by all in 5-7 years. The infrastructure is in place already, we just need better algos to function on mobile devices.
Activity: 182
Merit: 147
I think you are trying to say that bitcoin will fail to become a mainstream currency because 60% of the world population don't have access to the computer. If I am understanding you correctly, then let me assure you that bitcoin is not structurally built and fit for becoming a mainstream currency in any way. It is an experimental virtual currency which implemented the idea of a decentralized currency successfully for the first time through blockchain technology. It is not trying to become a mainstream one.

So bitcoin will always be used by those with a certain level of technological expertise  and not by any common people. Even though the process for bitcoin payment has been made very simpler by many third party wallet provider, but majority of the governments will not want to allow bitcoin to mingle with their own centralized currency system. It is and will always remain as a digital currency and an excellent store of value.

Everything that avikz said is on point. It is true that Bitcoin is not for everyone as it has a very complex structure despite being tried simplified by some third party application. One may say that its accessibility is a limitation towards being used widely but the truth is that if it becomes a mainstream currency, people would incorporate other aspects that may defeat its purpose. To simply put, Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that allows exclusive transaction over the virtual world.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Hm... that would mean that 3 billion people can use a computer.
I think that this number is high enough to ensure the existence of bitcoin for many years.
And the missing 60%, that number is going to decrease the coming years!
Sounds all like a promising future for bitcoin to me!
Pages:
Jump to: