Pages:
Author

Topic: 65 nm Chips - [BFL ACCEPTED 100% ESCROW by John K.] - Group Buy #1 - Kernel32 (Read 14740 times)

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
I was at BFL today to drop off payment for my group buy's chips.
Company is legit, I met Dave and Jody, who by the way is super sweet and very nice, so please be nice to her!!!
People were there working away. I thought that the office space/location was very appropriate given the current growth/stage of BFL: not unnecessarily fancy and also not in a low cost location, just about right.

I wonder if giving them money made them 'super sweet and very nice'?  Did Dave show you his knife?

no, he didn't... I was a suprise from what I've gathered...  I think Inaba though I was bs'ing him when I PMed the day before stopping by but maybe not, dunno for sure.
Although I would have loved to see Dave's knife!  I'm known to travel with several kinds of tools myself  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Company is legit, I met Dave and Jody, who by the way is super sweet and very nice, so please be nice to her!!!
People were there working away. I thought that the office space/location was very appropriate given the current growth/stage of BFL: not unnecessarily fancy and also not in a low cost location, just about right.

I wonder if giving them money made them 'super sweet and very nice'?  Did Dave show you his knife?

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I wish they would answer mail more often... For example I still don't know how long will I have when I get a notice that I need to pay other 50%...
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Keeping an eye on this.  I'd be interested in plug-and-play miners, not individual chips.
legendary
Activity: 1260
The only bumping being done by BFL consists of white powder going into their noses, conveniently purchased from silkroad with all of your BTC. It's only a matter of time until josh goes out Scarface style.

Lol Cheesy This company seriously has gone off the deep end.  One thing is for certain, their goal is to remain profitable as long as possible, do you think that can be achieved by flooding the market with ASICs?  Nope.

It is likely that their highest achievable profit margin is splitting right now, unless some wild new tech is being developed by their assembly ninja in a super secret underground development facility. The source of all their shipping delays is likely their ceaseless work on the development of the Schwarzgerät, which will be installed in the mysterious jet black 1.5 petahash miner housed in an erotic Imipolex G case with serial number 00000.

God damn it, Randy.  Who leaked our design documents to you?  FFS.  BTW, it's not jet black, it's matte black, for stealth.
Activity: 448
The only bumping being done by BFL consists of white powder going into their noses, conveniently purchased from silkroad with all of your BTC. It's only a matter of time until josh goes out Scarface style.

Lol Cheesy This company seriously has gone off the deep end.  One thing is for certain, their goal is to remain profitable as long as possible, do you think that can be achieved by flooding the market with ASICs?  Nope.

It is likely that their highest achievable profit margin is splitting right now, unless some wild new tech is being developed by their assembly ninja in a super secret underground development facility. The source of all their shipping delays is likely their ceaseless work on the development of the Schwarzgerät, which will be installed in the mysterious jet black 1.5 petahash miner housed in an erotic Imipolex G case with serial number 00000.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Lol Cheesy This company seriously has gone off the deep end.  One thing is for certain, their goal is to remain profitable as long as possible, do you think that can be achieved by flooding the market with ASICs?  Nope.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
watching (with 8 chip credits)
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
I have 32 codes that I would be willing to put forward to this groupbuy if there is a real chance (as in "100%") that there is a EU-based (preferred: burnin) assembly that provides "ready to run" rigs/boards/blades.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
thanks for sharing
will take a look

Yes, I looked through the PDF and as far as I can tell it actually looks like a fairly detailed technical documentation with pinouts, level specifications and timings.

For those who aren't registered in BFL forums: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50609214/BFL%20SHA2%20Spec%20Rev2.2%20-%20Release-1.pdf
Activity: 336
Time for Plan ฿
Yes, I looked through the PDF and as far as I can tell it actually looks like a fairly detailed technical documentation with pinouts, level specifications and timings.

For those who aren't registered in BFL forums: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50609214/BFL%20SHA2%20Spec%20Rev2.2%20-%20Release-1.pdf
What are we still waiting for? I think that we have all we need. Well only chips are not with developers jet. All else has been meet... So could you open GB?

EDIT: Unless we have some guarantees that we will receive them first... Time is BTC

Documentation.
Wasn't that published?
I'm not registered so I can't download PDF... But I thought that was that...
Activity: 476
What are we still waiting for? I think that we have all we need. Well only chips are not with developers jet. All else has been meet... So could you open GB?

EDIT: Unless we have some guarantees that we will receive them first... Time is BTC

Documentation.

legendary
Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363
FWIW I've paid for an order of chips and have requested developer chips and reference docs. When I get those I will post the docs here and then send the chips to whichever dev's have the community's support and can put the time into actually producing an actual working board.

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase. I've done my risk assessment and think this is a good commercial opportunity. If you disagree with that then please keep it to yourself.
flowdab, you took quite a risk, but it could pay off.

Until developers have sample chips/documentation and are sure they can design a working board (or at least one of the lead developers is) it's too risky for the majority of potential group buyers (including myself).

We'll see pretty soon whether BFL is really willing to deliver sample chips/docs or it was just marketing move to sell as much useless chips as possible. Speaking of useless chips...

I am worried that BFL is going to send us the defunct lot they are using right now instead of the brand new lot that will be baked at the Fab. I don't want yesterdays revision that has caused so many problems (let them deal with those). I want the latest revision fresh from the Fab.
Could you get in contact with BFL and clarify this point?

Although we should be able to find out what revision and quality the chips are during random hash test (prior to escrow release), this is still a very important matter to look into. Thank you for pointing this out. Let you know as soon as there is some reply from BFL.

Credit program will be incorporated into the group buy?

I didn't discuss credit program options with Josh yet, but it should be incorporated. I see no obstacles there.

Thank you for the support guys. Stay tuned.

Well transfering credits should be no problem.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
If you can't do something smart,do something right
FWIW I've paid for an order of chips and have requested developer chips and reference docs. When I get those I will post the docs here and then send the chips to whichever dev's have the community's support and can put the time into actually producing an actual working board.

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase. I've done my risk assessment and think this is a good commercial opportunity. If you disagree with that then please keep it to yourself.
flowdab, you took quite a risk, but it could pay off.

Until developers have sample chips/documentation and are sure they can design a working board (or at least one of the lead developers is) it's too risky for the majority of potential group buyers (including myself).

We'll see pretty soon whether BFL is really willing to deliver sample chips/docs or it was just marketing move to sell as much useless chips as possible. Speaking of useless chips...

I am worried that BFL is going to send us the defunct lot they are using right now instead of the brand new lot that will be baked at the Fab. I don't want yesterdays revision that has caused so many problems (let them deal with those). I want the latest revision fresh from the Fab.
Could you get in contact with BFL and clarify this point?

Although we should be able to find out what revision and quality the chips are during random hash test (prior to escrow release), this is still a very important matter to look into. Thank you for pointing this out. Let you know as soon as there is some reply from BFL.

Credit program will be incorporated into the group buy?

I didn't discuss credit program options with Josh yet, but it should be incorporated. I see no obstacles there.

Thank you for the support guys. Stay tuned.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I have 32 credits for sale at 6btc. PM me.
Pages:
Jump to: