Pages:
Author

Topic: 65 nm Chips - [BFL ACCEPTED 100% ESCROW by John K.] - Group Buy #1 - Kernel32 - page 3. (Read 14740 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100
FWIW I've paid for an order of chips and have requested developer chips and reference docs. When I get those I will post the docs here and then send the chips to whichever dev's have the community's support and can put the time into actually producing an actual working board.

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase. I've done my risk assessment and think this is a good commercial opportunity. If you disagree with that then please keep it to yourself.

Or, if people think it is a bad purchase they could post it here and you could refrain from reading it. Unless you work for the NSA that is.  Grin

Ha!

NSA: Not bad guys, just people with boring jobs who spend all day on the internet.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
FWIW I've paid for an order of chips and have requested developer chips and reference docs. When I get those I will post the docs here and then send the chips to whichever dev's have the community's support and can put the time into actually producing an actual working board.

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase. I've done my risk assessment and think this is a good commercial opportunity. If you disagree with that then please keep it to yourself.

Or, if people think it is a bad purchase they could post it here and you could refrain from reading it. Unless you work for the NSA that is.  Grin
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Why then the order is not open
KS
Just wondering , what 100% escrow deal?

welcome to page 1! I mean 9!  Cheesy
Activity: 336
Time for Plan ฿
How about reading the thread? Wink Basically, BFL accepted payment via escrow - they only get paid if they deliver by the deadline specified (100 days from order).
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: 294
The documentation for the chips is going to take two more weeks  Tongue
Right, so without documentation, they can sell 1TH chips for all they care, without documentation how can they expect orders?
Will they send sample chips upon order placed? I believe this is the only way for board developers to be able to test their boards..
I have my doubts about this whole setup.. it just feels like, a SETUP!
Will follow though.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The documentation for the chips is going to take two more weeks  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
They like to keep people in perpetual suspense.  Cheesy
Activity: 336
Time for Plan ฿
Whats the status?

Especially board development.
Chips alone are worth nothing. At least for me.
I don't think BFL have released any documentation for the chips so nothing can be done until they do...
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Whats the status?

Especially board development.
Chips alone are worth nothing. At least for me.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
If they come straight from the "fab" won't they still need to be "bumped" & "packaged"??

So you need to send them to another place or two........................or will the "fab" handle this??

BFL arranges the bumping and packaging at their contracted facilities, it's not handled by GloFo.

The only bumping being done by BFL consists of white powder going into their noses, conveniently purchased from silkroad with all of your BTC. It's only a matter of time until josh goes out Scarface style.

Thats funny  Cheesy

I'm from Miami,fl & remember all that scarface stuff when it was going on,very scary Wink
If they come straight from the "fab" won't they still need to be "bumped" & "packaged"??

So you need to send them to another place or two........................or will the "fab" handle this??

BFL arranges the bumping and packaging at their contracted facilities, it's not handled by GloFo.

The only bumping being done by BFL consists of white powder going into their noses, conveniently purchased from silkroad with all of your BTC. It's only a matter of time until josh goes out Scarface style.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

legendary
@ Kernel32

Could you get in contact with BFL and clarify this point? I tried to get the answer through theswede but he didn't seem to have any idea about it.

=======Reposted======

2. Ordering is from Global Foundries that also handle delivery

Will the tracking information come straight from the packaging facility or from BFL offices?

If you don't know, could you find out?

I am worried that BFL is going to send us the defunct lot they are using right now instead of the brand new lot that will be baked at the Fab. I don't want yesterdays revision that has caused so many problems (let them deal with those). I want the latest revision fresh from the Fab.

======reposted======
legendary
@Kernel32 who are you? You have few posts and you only joined in April this year. Why should anyone trust you?
Because unlike every other BFL chip thread, he (kernel32) has done everything perfectly right.

There is no possibility of losing your money up until the chips arriving. Whether or not Kernel32 finds the developers to turn those chips into boards is the only risk.

I cannot more highly recommend this (and only this) particular group buy.

If you want guarantees on the chips, this is the place to conduct business.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I don't see the problem with this group buy...best case scenario we get miners that are superior to avalons 100 days from now, worst case scenario we get our money back

Worst case you've locked up your money for 3+ months and have to pay John's escrow fees.

Worst case is BFL's chips MTBF is 3 months.
Second worse case is the chip lot distribution much worse than BFL claims (I'd rather pay $90 for a known product than $75 and trust BFL's math Wink
Third worst case is the community also has trouble getting boards to work causing delays (BFL was not incompetent, the chips are finicky and not a slam dunk to support on a board)
Fourth worst case is KNCMiner delivers early with better bang for the buck and hashrate goes through the roof.
Fifth worst case, Tebow starts at QB for the patriots.
Pages:
Jump to: