Pages:
Author

Topic: 7xGPU + Windows // modding AMD video driver is the answer - page 10. (Read 71690 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
8 x GPU under Windows is a lost cause.... but looking at your build, maybe relook at the PSU - suspect its cause of black screen....
1. Beyond 7 GPU, only Linux can make this happen. Some dude in Ethereum forum has shared this in detailed.
4. Windows Advanced Server with special drivers and Windows registry tweaking - 8 or more cards possible. Google "Deep Learning systems" that are Windows based.

Yes, yes. very advanced Windows Server ; )

How did you get 10 GPUs running? What motherboard are you using?

Thanks
Activity: 169
H81 pro BTC Bios version 2.30
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have 8x280x on same rig and everything is fine. I think the problem are new graphics cards (Rx series), with old card (HD 7950 or R9 280X) my rig start normal.  8x 280x works perfectly on same windows 10, and same 16.9.2 driver.
What is your motherboard, processor and operating system where 8 of the GPU?
What to do with the motherboard BIOS?
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
I have 8x280x on same rig and everything is fine. I think the problem are new graphics cards (Rx series), with old card (HD 7950 or R9 280X) my rig start normal.  8x 280x works perfectly on same windows 10, and same 16.9.2 driver.

How about 7x480 + 1x7900/280x?
8 x GPU under Windows is a lost cause.... but looking at your build, maybe relook at the PSU - suspect its cause of black screen....

I have a 7 x R7-370 built in June for ETH mining working like a charm.

Although the 370 is not really a fast card, its a very stable, super cool card and is not power hungry.

ATM, its mining ZEC at 58-60 H/s per card with Claymore v6 ZEC miner.

I spent so much time tweaking to get the 8th card to work but no good results.

I stopped experimenting after realising that those downtime should have been put to good use mining and getting profits. 7 cards not put in good mining use is really a waste...

Conclusion to share:

1. Beyond 7 GPU, only Linux can make this happen. Some dude in Ethereum forum has shared this in detailed.

2. Crazy multi GPU Linux rig, I think this dude went all the way to 18 (or more) x GPUs to mine ETH using a special USD$2000 PCI extension board usually meant for deep learning systems. Even Claymore had to release a special Linux version to support it for ETH mining.
See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16895926

3. For Windows 7,8.1,10 - max 7 cards with standard drivers is no issue esp with latest drivers. Older drivers, need the 6xGPU hack utility.

4. Windows Advanced Server with special drivers and Windows registry tweaking - 8 or more cards possible. Google "Deep Learning systems" that are Windows based.

lbr

Yes, yes. very advanced Windows Server ; )

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I have a 7 x R7-370 built in June for ETH mining working like a charm.

Although the 370 is not really a fast card, its a very stable, super cool card and is not power hungry.

ATM, its mining ZEC at 58-60 H/s per card with Claymore v6 ZEC miner.

I spent so much time tweaking to get the 8th card to work but no good results.

I stopped experimenting after realising that those downtime should have been put to good use mining and getting profits. 7 cards not put in good mining use is really a waste...

Conclusion to share:

2. Crazy multi GPU Linux rig, I think this dude went all the way to 18 (or more) x GPUs to mine ETH using a special USD$2000 PCI extension board usually meant for deep learning systems. Even Claymore had to release a special Linux version to support it for ETH mining.
See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16895926

3. For Windows 7,8.1,10 - max 7 cards with standard drivers is no issue esp with latest drivers. Older drivers, need the 6xGPU hack utility.

not my rig will not start, a black screen, with 7x480 works fine, If you know what is the cause, please for help
lbr
I have 8xRx 480 H81 BTC PRo with 3in1HUB
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-e-Express-1X-to-3-Port-1X-Switch-Multiplier-HUB-Riser-Card-USB-Cable-1PC-/141865200790?hash=item2107d32c96:g:zTwAAOSwa-dWhMvm

7xRx 480 works great, but the 8x480 will not start... some ideas or suggestions?

What could be the cause?

Rig:
8x Rx 480 Nitro
8x USB extender
8GB ram
H81 pro BTC +celeron G1840
Superflower 1600w Gold

win 10
16.9.2 driver.

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Also cant get more than 5 rx 480 working, 6th shows error 41 on random card. Tried changing bios settings updating bios, applying mod several times (always as admin). Also tried various pcie slots (board has 7) I have asrock z87 fatal1ty killer. Anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Activity: 48
Fix 7x GPU in Win 8.1 ? Huh
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
I can't for the life of me manage to get 6 x RX480's working on Windows7 with the mod .. Only 5..
Can anyone please help :/

Try  16.7.2 I think thats the only one that might work. It won't work with RX470s.

No go.. I can only see 5 GPU's with the 6th card showing an error 42 Sad

They are RX 480 correct? Use this tool also to get the 6th to work.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I can't for the life of me manage to get 6 x RX480's working on Windows7 with the mod .. Only 5..

Try  16.7.2 I think thats the only one that might work. It won't work with RX470s.

No go.. I can only see 5 GPU's with the 6th card showing an error 42 Sad
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 4
Well.. normally AMD driver should not BSOD on Win10, it should just work..
On Win7 - the mod should be applied after all GPUs driver installation.

Here is the pic: http://imgur.com/a/cuxlr

And where do you find the "S3 Video Repost" option in CVFZ?
lbr
Well.. normally AMD driver should not BSOD on Win10, it should just work..
On Win7 - the mod should be applied after all GPUs driver installation.
Activity: 4
Crosshair V Formula-Z and 3 R9 295X2s

Should work -
http://hwbot.org/submission/2858178_8_pack_gpupi___1b_4x_radeon_r9_295x2_2sec_531ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/3050127_oldcomer_gpupi___32b_4_radeon_r9_290x_2min_22sec_104ms/

I would try Windows 10(cause it should work out of the box) + changing motherboard BIOS settings or other motherboard.

Memory Hole Remapping
Initiate Graphic Adapter
S3 Video Repost
Full Screen Logo
Option ROM Messages
INT19 Trap Response

I tried changing those settings in the bios to no effect. Both in Win 10 and Pro. Still get the BSoD (atikmpag.sys)

Though I have to note that in Win 10 (not Pro) it was able to update the driver for the 5th gpu without touching the bios. It went to BSoD (atikmpag.sys) when trying to install the 6th. Where as in Pro I didn't even get past the 5th before reaching BSoD (atikmpag.sys). So I guess that's progress. When should I use 6xGPU_mod, after installing Win 10 with one gpu plugged in and not updated the driver?

Update 10/28/16: I have now been able to boot into windows 10 with all 3 gpus using crimson 15.12. But the 3rd 295 is not recognized. And after a few min of being connected to the internet I get BSoD, lol. Oddly enough if I disconnect from the internet its all good. I'll try and upload an image of what 6xGPU_mod wrote later today (I did not apply its settings yet cause I wanted your feedback of it).
lbr
There is 8 GPU limit for the AMD cards. I tried to run 5X 7990, it does not work. Only 4X7990 will work.

True. Driver is causing BSOD.
But you can stick some nVidia cards.
Pages:
Jump to: