Pages:
Author

Topic: 7xGPU + Windows // modding AMD video driver is the answer - page 5. (Read 71690 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Any info about 8x RX 480 rigs, i Have 8 cards but 7x 480 max working.

Did you run the mod as administrator?
which mod?
Activity: 714
Merit: 260

Did you run the mod as administrator?
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hello all Smiley can someone give me instruction how to make work Both 470/480 with R9 Nano on windows 7? Or 10 Smiley
Thanks in advance Smiley
Activity: 23
Hi, I'm having troubles with win 10 as well.
I've tried a bunch of different combinations, but I'm not able to run 6x470 with modded BIOS, only 4 of them are working.

On default BIOS everything is ok, but crimson 16.12.2 can't recognize modded BIOS, so I had to downgrade drivers.
I'm trying a couple of drivers, but all with the same problem, only 4 with modded bios can run.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Use 16.9.1 drivers, or atikmdag-patcher-1.4.4 for other versions.
16.10.x work without patch too, not sure about 16.11.x

Thanks, I thought that patcher is only for latest crimson drivers. I will try it over the weekend and inform here how everything went.
For now they are working on 16.10.2, 150 total for eth using 780W.

Hope that I will make it work on 16.9. because during testing I saw that this version has absolutely best power consumption.

Thanks for help, everything is ok now and all cards are working with modded BIOS. I've received 30 RX470, but they have different memory chips, three different ones. No need for patch in win 10, just a little patience.

All 5 rigs are running at 150 MH, but power consumption varies, from 780 to 900W, depends of memory chips.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Finally got 5x Cards working on Asus z97-A MB. It had no issues detecting the graphic cards, set at 1x *3  and 8x *2. But installing any driver would crash / BSOD on Win 10. Turns out that Crossfire was the culprit for whatever reason and was getting activated by default. Disabling crossfire if I got the time to do it before it crashes, would make it crash! My config was 2 GC's on MB attached directly and the others using  powered risers . 4 Graphic cards on this set up worked without any issues. Addition of the fifth would crash with a garbled image and reboot every time the driver tries to get it self installed. Tried everything, including cycling graphic cards, installing one at a time and so on. And disabling cross fire everytime I had the opportunity to do so I.E 4 graphic cards and then disable cross fire, and then load the fifth => crash. It wasnt an IRQ or Resource issue, as I disabled every god damn onboard device, xchi, Lan, OGC, Sound... Only active items from Bios were PCIE & SATA controller.

Solution was the last resort I had, which was leave only one GC on the MB and use risers for the remaining 4 GC's. Logic was that since one slot will operate on 8x while the other is operating on 1x, it would never try to crossfire. Based on this hunch I proceeded and well, WTF, shit started working like there were no issues. F*ck! Spent 3 days reading everything, applying every patch and mod, installing ReLive drivers and such. So from my experience it was the 8x *2 or Crossfire that was the culprit. Leaving this note here, so it may help others and not end up eating their mining time figuring this out. This may be another factor that you may want to scratch out when troubleshooting. Hope this helps!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
With this mod, I successfully launched 7 cards on windows 7. Has anyone tried 8 cards?

8 cards and beyond, you need Linux or Win10 Enterprise with some registry hacks.

Checkout Pandaminer.com

Any idea what the registry hacks might be with Win10 Enterprise? I want to try building an 8 GPU rig, getting bored with my 7 GPU rigs.  Grin

I did inquire from a member in Ethereum forum who got his rig going... but never got an answer back.

However, the Pandaminer at stock uses W10 Enterprise without any obvious "hacks" to registry but it uses RX480Ms.

I suspect the hacks required are probably for non-RX cards.

Hmm.  Thanks for the info. I think I'll give it another go with W10 enterprise tomorrow instead of pro and report back.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
With this mod, I successfully launched 7 cards on windows 7. Has anyone tried 8 cards?

8 cards and beyond, you need Linux or Win10 Enterprise with some registry hacks.

Checkout Pandaminer.com

Any idea what the registry hacks might be with Win10 Enterprise? I want to try building an 8 GPU rig, getting bored with my 7 GPU rigs.  Grin

I did inquire from a member in Ethereum forum who got his rig going... but never got an answer back.

However, the Pandaminer at stock uses W10 Enterprise without any obvious "hacks" to registry but it uses RX480Ms.

I suspect the hacks required are probably for non-RX cards.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Checkout Pandaminer.com

legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

Yes, read the thread from the start ; )
However it depends on the cards, f.e. 8x290 works on Win10 out-of-the-box.
Also, it depends on the mobo. H81 (Asrock Pro btc 2.0) can't boot with more then 7 cards, i think there is no enough space to address more devices. But i will try disable sata and usb next time.
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254

Yes, read the thread from the start ; )
However it depends on the cards, f.e. 8x290 works on Win10 out-of-the-box.
legendary

Checkout Pandaminer.com
Thx. Will report later Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Checkout Pandaminer.com
legendary
I've tried a bunch of different combinations, but I'm not able to run 6x470 with modded BIOS, only 4 of them are working.

On default BIOS everything is ok, but crimson 16.12.2 can't recognize modded BIOS, so I had to downgrade drivers.
I'm trying a couple of drivers, but all with the same problem, only 4 with modded bios can run.

Thanks, I thought that patcher is only for latest crimson drivers. I will try it over the weekend and inform here how everything went.
For now they are working on 16.10.2, 150 total for eth using 780W.

Hope that I will make it work on 16.9. because during testing I saw that this version has absolutely best power consumption.
Activity: 586
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
just ask, do you use cpu miner too? during gpu mining?
because i want to use my cpu to mining too, so i can get double profit.

which is better cpu for mining ?
legendary

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254

Afaik you need special driver for BIOS-modded 470 cards.

Pages:
Jump to: