Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 24. (Read 12217 times)

Activity: 310
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 03:00:37 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
The problem you mentioned at the moment is that I am very hot on the show as we know the current crypto market is not as good as in 2018. So ICOS strategies like you say capital mobilization is very hard and It takes a lot of time, besides daily there are too many ICOS programs but no quality and cheat takes us much time. But not all ICOS strategies are deceptive and not good. It is important that we look at strategies and master them strategically.
Activity: 686
Merit: 282
August 25, 2018, 02:54:28 PM
PROBLEM in that it is very easy to create a token. We make a fictitious project and sell this token. I always get bored to buy ...
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 02:38:48 PM
Now is not the best time for ICO.  Very often the price of a coin on the market is much lower than the price of an ICO.  And so it is unprofitable to invest in ICO now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
August 25, 2018, 02:13:18 PM
Unfortunately, yes, at the moment a lot of projects are false and try to deceive investors and users to make money illegally. To avoid such projects, you should read their description in more detail and communicate with the developers
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 12:09:42 PM
I agree with you, and of the remaining 20% of potentially successful projects, in fact, no more than 10% of success is achieved!

I would also agree that 80% of ICO are scam because there are many of them runs after it gets successful especially when the project reached a good income and they steal people hardworks and would not pay anymore.
Activity: 196
August 25, 2018, 11:39:39 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Now there are few successful ICOs.  ICO scam a lot.  Now is a bad time for investment in ICO.  Sad But I hope next year the situation will be better.
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
August 25, 2018, 06:06:53 AM
I am absolutely sure that next 5 years 80% or even 90% of cryptocurrencies will disappear. Because behind this projects scamers or those teams which can't technically realize their ideas. Just keep that in mind.
Activity: 70
August 25, 2018, 06:03:01 AM
I would believe with this information. Their are many scam icos. Scam in the context that, they would launch on the exchange and would not continue with the idea any longer. This is regarded as scam in my understanding.
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
August 25, 2018, 06:00:08 AM
I agree with you, and of the remaining 20% of potentially successful projects, in fact, no more than 10% of success is achieved!
Activity: 26
August 25, 2018, 05:55:57 AM
Nowadays, with the development of ICO, many people choose this new way to profit from the growth of the coin that a few dozens, several hundred times.
However, in addition to potential ICOs, there are even failed projects, even "scam". Before you decide to invest, you should research and make your own assessment to select the potential investment projects to easily succeed. However, it is advised by professionals that you should not invest in a project that should be split into other potential projects. But, let's say again, if the decision to accept risk is higher then the success will be bigger, that is natural!
Activity: 36
August 25, 2018, 05:55:26 AM
This statement is true to some extent, since many ICOs tend to take the money of investors and run. As these social media-only ICOs have imposed a ban on ICO ads as they are potentially at risk for new users.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
August 25, 2018, 05:45:15 AM
I won't say 80%,though some are ,but my point is people always expects too much from ICO's ,like 1000% return of investment, this is way too much and some projects takes a while to yield ,and while some are fast ,I won't blame 80% of ICO's out today .
Activity: 189
Merit: 1
August 25, 2018, 05:40:59 AM
I am sure that this figure will decrease with time. A statesman introduces laws. People unite in communities where joint efforts reveal fraud. But while your figure is correct, unfortunately.

Yes ,if a statesman introduces-the law - the rules that will be observed in the ICO,Airdrop,a clear regulation for compliance with the rules,then the moshenism will disappear,but now in this industry there are rules of a dubious nature,and as a rule-there are no rules-there are people who will profit from this, just we see the emergence of fraud .
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 06:23:45 PM
it is so bad for crypto for future of cryptocurrency. many ico scam makes people affraid to get in
i think must make something to avoid it
Activity: 364
August 24, 2018, 06:21:30 PM
I think that reality can be even worse...maybe over 90% of ICOs are scam if we consider really working product...
Activity: 168
August 24, 2018, 09:06:30 AM

DYOR people ...
Yes, be careful and do not invest in companies you do not trust.  Now it is very easy to lose money.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 24, 2018, 03:49:16 AM
I don't agree with 80% of ico are all scam they are so many ICO delivers their product in time and some are pushing to get listed on bigger exchanges
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
August 24, 2018, 03:45:12 AM
There is a scam happen in ICO but I will beg to disagree that the eighty percent of it are scam
because there are lots of companies that are legit and very accommodating in their services provides.
Activity: 350
August 23, 2018, 05:11:51 PM
I am sure that this figure will decrease with time. A statesman introduces laws. People unite in communities where joint efforts reveal fraud. But while your figure is correct, unfortunately.
Activity: 221
Merit: 101
August 23, 2018, 04:52:20 PM
I'm no surprise with the statistics because there are too many ICO that became scam. One reason why it is now hard for the new ICO to be successful in their sale of their token. Sad to say that legit ICO suffer so much and also failed because the money is diverted into a scam ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: