Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 27. (Read 12217 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
August 19, 2018, 02:16:44 PM
I don't believe in any ICO at this time. Even that ICO succeeded but after listing at the exchange. I've invested a lot of ICOs that are supposed to be good in 2018. But the result was a heavy loss, ICO scam and ICO success the same thing at this time. We lose money when investing in it
Investing in ico brings good profits, but here are no guarantees what projects do not, so I would like that would be regulated by the authorities.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
August 19, 2018, 02:15:52 PM
I think it is not true, because there are a lot of good project, but the price of these tokens are low because of market conditions. Now it is a good period to buy some promising alts.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
August 19, 2018, 02:09:00 PM
Definetly lately there are more and more scam ICO's out there, so everyone just be cautious before you invest your money or even time in some project, check everything twice and be sure everything is in place and fully transparent. If something seems odd then it probably is... Be safe out there...
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 19, 2018, 02:07:26 PM
ICOs scam is one of the reasons why cryptocurrency has a bad reputation and results in a decrease in the level of trust of some ICO investors, this is very dangerous for the future of cryptocurancy, especially for ICO projects. The fraud ICO is currently growing in number compared to previous years. This is why we all have to be more careful in choosing an ICO. Research first. Try checking the ICO team / developer and rating it on websites like icobench or icorating. I usually join ICOs that are handled by trusted managers. This helps reduce risk.
Activity: 308
August 19, 2018, 02:06:07 PM
In 2017 ICOs collected a lot of money, so greedy people come to crypto. And now we can see, that really near 80% ICO are scam. Investors do not want bring money and a lot of projects cant collect even softcap. BUT, i think that scam is not only unfair project, but it is project, that cant get listing on exchange, has weak development, does not hear investros. It is necessary to choose projects very carefully

Activity: 75
Merit: 1
August 19, 2018, 02:05:00 PM
more or less. therefore the ICO is too risky I prefer to store tokens in my wallet at least there is a sense of comfort even though the price is now feels sad Sad
Activity: 120
August 19, 2018, 02:01:32 PM
Maybe yes, maybe no, but what is for sure is that we have a lot of scams lately and we must be very aware in what we investing in. If we are able to find those 20% of legit and good ICO's, I think by holding them long enough we might have a nice profit if the team is doing the roadmap properly.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
August 19, 2018, 01:57:37 PM
I don't believe in any ICO at this time. Even that ICO succeeded but after listing at the exchange. I've invested a lot of ICOs that are supposed to be good in 2018. But the result was a heavy loss, ICO scam and ICO success the same thing at this time. We lose money when investing in it
Activity: 158
August 19, 2018, 01:54:25 PM
yes it can be said that and many ICO who not reach hardcap always leave the company without giving us clarity as consumers or bounty workers who do not get a cent, the world of Crypto should make strict regulations for every ICO that wants to be advertised in this forum to avoid acts such a crime
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 19, 2018, 01:53:33 PM
they're not actual scams, rather just people making a project they know isn't that special to make money. A soft scam maybe.
Activity: 238
August 19, 2018, 01:52:27 PM
That is the reality now, most ico cheats just want to earn money for free and misleading. It is very difficult to choose which one is true, for example from the many gifts projects you participate in only a few that succeed, it also applies to investors.
copper member
Activity: 518
Merit: 2
August 19, 2018, 01:51:21 PM
I absolutely agree with this. Only a handful of projects are genuine and have a product of value. I try to do a lot of research when picking out a project to invest on, checking the credibility of the team involved, their target niche and product if it actually intends to solve a problem and I try to see the vision and roadmap of the project if its truly adoptable. Finally, I invest sensibly knowing that all investments are risky and as such, one has to employ money management and risk control with every investment.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
August 19, 2018, 01:50:23 PM
I disagree. The one of the reason why they are more likely as scam is because they lack of funds so it means there might be some development that would be delayed. I'm pointing to those ICOs that doesn't reached its target cap durinf ICO. So without further funds it most ended up to loss its coin value with some conclusion that it turns to be a scam.
Activity: 39
August 19, 2018, 01:45:09 PM
Do not invest in ICO if you do not trust the company.  And before investing in ICO, check the company.
Activity: 308
Merit: 22
August 19, 2018, 01:44:23 PM
And the rest 20% are just bad investments. Say Atonomi, now traded 4 times lower than ICO price. Why stay in queue and lose sleep over something that drops 4 times since ICO?  Huh
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
August 19, 2018, 01:35:06 PM
Agree, even on today's day I think not 80 percent and all??? more 95 percent , and the now many projects not harvest soft cap
Activity: 294
Merit: 21
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
August 19, 2018, 01:24:34 PM
From these figures, I surprised! Sad to think about it, but it's true. My stats said about the same, it is now almost impossible to find a real team!
Activity: 280
August 19, 2018, 01:13:48 PM
yes their is some  icos scam but some quality ico s are there ,if you need to invest ,first do your own researches about whitepaper, road map, team,get good idea and invest for good ones Wink Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
August 19, 2018, 12:55:48 PM
Not long ago I read an article that says that 60% of all real ICO (NOT SCAM!) do not have their own product! Ie less than 10% of the crypto-market are real projects !?
Activity: 164
August 19, 2018, 12:52:39 PM
That's right, at this time the percentage of successful projects is very small, so it's very difficult for investors and bounty hunters to find good projects. even scam projects are now made so good that they can fool investors.
You're right.  Now is really a bad time for investment in ICO.  Very few good projects worth investing in.  And I advise you never to invest all the money in the ICO.
Your suggestion is correct. Many people invested all their money in ICO last year. After ICO went public this year, they fell a lot. They lost a lot of money, so you must seriously think about it before investing. Can you afford such a loss?
Pages:
Jump to: