Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 33. (Read 12217 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
August 12, 2018, 04:54:40 PM
man! it depends

I think that there is a huge amount of legit and trustable icos, but you just need to find the right one (and it is not easy after all)
Activity: 91
Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)
August 12, 2018, 04:49:47 PM
I dont hate projects ICO right now, because I understood and realised, that in the most of cases ICO team is not responsible for that the project fails, or could`nt gather enough money. Its not a scam.
Activity: 784
Merit: 257
August 12, 2018, 04:46:35 PM
Yes, this is a very sad statistics, but it is real. I think that the ICOs industry has become very poor. I believe that positive changes will soon take place.
Activity: 93
August 12, 2018, 04:44:36 PM
Yes, I think this too, many scams and many empty promises which never will happen and be done. That's why I'm too afraid of investing into ICOs, risky step and mostly not with profit.
Activity: 151
Merit: 0
August 12, 2018, 04:42:04 PM
Now is not the best time for ICO.  A lot of scam companies, a lot of companies that do not reach soft cap.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
August 12, 2018, 02:24:22 PM
These are just numbers, for example, if I invested $ 200 in Bitconnect, Cointroops, EOS, Sharpey, then I would remain in a significant plus, although 80% turned out to be fraud, other projects would cover all losses.
If there's 80% of ICO are scams then is better to be extra careful of choosing ICO because there's more chances you might get scam than finding a good one. So i think choose the best ICO by having a research and analyze all the details or information about it to avoid scam ICO. And since more scam ICO but few good ICO i think its time to have regulation in ICO before it launch to lessen the scam ICO and to reduce the people who get scam.
Activity: 322
August 12, 2018, 02:20:50 PM
In my opinion almost all ICO are SCAM. In the current market situation, good projects are an exception to the rules and quite rare.
Activity: 301
August 12, 2018, 02:15:14 PM
A lot of scammers created ICO projects in order to get fast big money because there is no responsibility for deceived investors here. I really want to believe that this situation will improve someday.
Activity: 218
August 12, 2018, 02:11:29 PM
These are just numbers, for example, if I invested $ 200 in Bitconnect, Cointroops, EOS, Sharpey, then I would remain in a significant plus, although 80% turned out to be fraud, other projects would cover all losses.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 520
August 12, 2018, 02:11:03 PM
so many investor not satified to ICO project, I see too many ICO project right now and make confuse investors. in other side, token from ICO project the price almost all down when enter to exchange, hope we can see green market just like the end of the last year 2017. that's very great moment!

What does satisfaction even mean? For most investors that is only if their value of the invested money goes up. They don't care whether the technology is good or not.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
August 12, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
if any ICO tell you that their price will grow immediately after ICO ends and give you even numbers, 99% that this is scam. read whitepapers, ask questions in their channels and study the projects. that could protect your money.
Activity: 210
August 12, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
I agree that many ICO projects are a scam, because people try to launch any idea, but do not think about the consequences, about its future.
Activity: 557
Merit: 101
August 12, 2018, 11:19:14 AM
Even more than 90% of projects will not be in demand in the future and will simply die. So time takes its investments very seriously.
cuo
Activity: 560
Merit: 185
August 12, 2018, 11:17:28 AM
so many investor not satified to ICO project, I see too many ICO project right now and make confuse investors. in other side, token from ICO project the price almost all down when enter to exchange, hope we can see green market just like the end of the last year 2017. that's very great moment!
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
August 12, 2018, 10:22:44 AM
It is obvious that the probability of facing a scam among ICO is very high and each investor needs to spend a lot of time analyzing the upcoming projects to choose something good. But I believe that strict regulation of this sphere will begin soon and the level of investment risk will be reduced several times.
Activity: 98
August 11, 2018, 04:56:08 PM
80% of ice being a scam I would say that is a totally wrong assumption with no really fact on the survey that made you come up with the conclusion probably you have engaged in far too many failed project,  all you need do is work on your selection process before engaging in any ico
Activity: 252
August 11, 2018, 04:46:42 PM
The investors want have more opening from ICO. For example juristic documents. So situation becoming to change in the best side.
Activity: 192
Merit: 24
August 11, 2018, 12:54:02 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I think the reason why the ICO is scam is because of the price of the bitcoin. I noticed that the last year, almost all of the ICO is successful unlike todays year.
Activity: 139
August 11, 2018, 12:52:07 PM
For me, the article to a an appreciable extent defines the problem we are having lately with different icos.

Thou, all of the details may not be objective enough, I believe it's insightful to guide people's involvement in ICO.
Activity: 360
August 11, 2018, 11:02:30 AM
I was startled! with a rate of 80% island fire according to your citation. But that number is scary. I think that's true for Altcoins projects.
Pages:
Jump to: