Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 35. (Read 12217 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
August 09, 2018, 01:50:09 PM
Yes there are plenty of scam projects and they are making troubles for good ideas.

There is no incurance from cases like that(( Only your intuition and your gut can tell you in waht project you should invest your money.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
August 09, 2018, 01:46:35 PM
And this is not exact statistics. I believe that about 90% of ICO is a scam. In general, the concept of scam is rather blurry and therefore some ICO can be called a scam for various reasons.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
August 09, 2018, 01:42:24 PM
Always always DYOR. I agree that most ICO's are scams, but the good ones are reaaaally good
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
August 09, 2018, 01:41:32 PM
Honestly surprised where such figures, just now the market is heavy so many go with it,but it's not Scam projects were, and many after ISO now fall very strong price, sometimes even in minus X10-X15 from the price of ISO,so think for yourself and see what's better, but for me only 20-30%
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
August 09, 2018, 01:37:47 PM
I can only hope and say it will not happen and experience many people. not all ICOs are fraudulent, I don't think so for now. even though the situation is rather unhealthy. I tried to state something positive. and I will always participate in participating in finding information about the real ICO.
thanks.
Activity: 150
August 09, 2018, 01:19:38 PM
I have not invested in ICO for 4-5 months because the risk is very high and the profit is very small.
Activity: 322
August 09, 2018, 11:55:51 AM
Unfortunately, as long as we do not take precautions, this rate will exceed 90 percent. People unfortunately just caught up with the idea of making a project so that it might be heard. So many people actually give labor for it, but unfortunately, nothing goes to their hands.
Activity: 175
Merit: 1
August 09, 2018, 11:53:09 AM
I agree with you, we all need to becareful about all these projects.  So many scam shit
Activity: 120
August 09, 2018, 11:48:09 AM
If there was so much high percentage of scams in the ICO , people would have just stopped participating .
Activity: 122
August 09, 2018, 11:38:35 AM
I advise you to be cautious and first to study all the information about the developers and the project and only then to invest.
Activity: 378
August 09, 2018, 11:25:08 AM
Currently there are many not successful ico, as their sales results did not reach softcap. When the market falls I do not recommend participating in the ICO.
Good suggestion. I also stopped participating in ICOs in this decline. The market for ICOs raised $12 bln this year but there are 800 dead coins.
 So far, even it did not work out. Since there is a need for funds to participate, which I am now trying to gain by participating in a subscription campaign. But they say a lot about skamprojects.
Activity: 168
August 09, 2018, 11:23:41 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Now the situation with the ICO is bad.  Now very few successful ICO and very often then the price of these coins is very low.
Activity: 280
August 09, 2018, 11:18:15 AM
Currently there are many not successful ico, as their sales results did not reach softcap. When the market falls I do not recommend participating in the ICO.
Good suggestion. I also stopped participating in ICOs in this decline. The market for ICOs raised $12 bln this year but there are 800 dead coins.
Activity: 24
August 09, 2018, 10:06:44 AM
When investing, there is always the risk of remaining without the money that you invested in the project, but it will be really hard for scammers to hide with money, because they may be behind bars.
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
August 09, 2018, 02:10:16 AM
lately many issues about ico scam. yes, indeed lately I have been very long. ico period ended long enough. and the longest is the process of distributing tokens and launching tokens on the market. maybe that makes everyone think that ico is a scam because it's too long to wait. but for me, it's still 7% that ico is a scam.
Activity: 133
August 08, 2018, 04:27:37 PM
Not the 80% are scams. I guess that only 2-3% of the total number of ICO projects are really scam, the other simply have the negative ROI, so their investors thinks that this projects are fraudulent.
No, ICO scams are much more than 2-3%.  Now about 10-15% of the ICO scum.  But there are very few good, promising ICOs.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
August 08, 2018, 03:17:08 PM
Not the 80% are scams. I guess that only 2-3% of the total number of ICO projects are really scam, the other simply have the negative ROI, so their investors thinks that this projects are fraudulent.
Activity: 68
August 08, 2018, 02:46:44 PM
Most of them are just community hypes specially if the ICO in twitter they just pop out in nowhere and also on ICO review sites there are many paid reviewers thats why ICO are full of scams because of them
Activity: 14
August 08, 2018, 02:45:43 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Now the scam of projects is about 20-30%.  But now a lot of not successful projects that have not reached the soft cap.
Legit projects usually surpass their softcap amount.
Activity: 60
August 08, 2018, 02:38:33 PM

DYOR people ...
Now the scam of projects is about 20-30%.  But now a lot of not successful projects that have not reached the soft cap.
Pages:
Jump to: