Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 71. (Read 12218 times)

copper member
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Worlds Only Staking Platform with Withdrawal Trust
June 30, 2018, 01:39:10 AM
These are your own views which we can't deny.... but these views reflect that may be you have invested in 2 or more ICO's and you got cheated by them so that's why you are feeling that 80% of those are scams... though its correct that most of them are scams but its definitely not 80% of those....
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
June 30, 2018, 01:38:58 AM
I just want to say, that not only 80% ICO is Scams but probably 98% ). Many scammers admins which came from hyip industry just make fake teams with fake sites and collect your money.
Activity: 110
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
June 30, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
I have so reservations about throwing the word scam around. But I must agree with you that a lot of these ICOs never implemented their roadmap. They just abandoned the project, and nothing is heard about it again.
Activity: 28
June 30, 2018, 01:29:32 AM
I am in project Sharpay.io and I monitor their news, they closely interact with the community, post many news and do roadshow - I’ve even met the team on the event, they don’t have any of scam attributes
Activity: 95
June 30, 2018, 01:25:45 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Dude I think more then 90% projects are scam! For me the best promissing project is cryptics.tech
Cuz I see the future with AI and the project is giving an AI based forecasts with 70%+  probability . It is a future and must have tool for all traders and investors. But now they are on deposite phase so airdrop, bounty and presales is ended but you can wait for mainsale in a month or do it right now. Sorry also you can invest via EXCAVO(TOP Cryptotrader of Tradingview) cuz #cryptics agreed with him on cooperation and there you can get discounts till 35% off and may be you can win a Lambo!!!

Activity: 378
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
June 30, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

I do not think that there are 80% of the icos that is scam because some of them might failed their project because they did not have the good marketing skills but still most of them are distributing the reward after the ico is successful.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 30, 2018, 01:18:24 AM
Yes, not 80% its 90% all ICO's are scam, This is said on Blockchain Conference in Manila. So be careful on what you joining on ICO. Be think.
June 30, 2018, 01:16:36 AM
How regrettable it is, but you are right,  almost 95% of the ICO are scams that is why we need to do a lot o research before getting involved with these ICO projects because most of these projects are just created raise funds from the investors and going to runaway after getting millions of dollars from the people.But researching wont save us from these scams,because it will only lessen the risk of choosing scam ICOs,even those legit looking ICOs are turning into scam gradually. We need to do our due diligence
Activity: 560
Merit: 106
June 30, 2018, 01:13:44 AM
I think you're a little over the edge, the percentage of the bench in the ICO does not exceed 50% , but the airdrops are basically almost all the Scam.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
June 30, 2018, 01:09:52 AM

DYOR people ...

which you say is true, there are a lot of ico scam now, so be careful in buying ico, but not all ico scam, there is also a good ico, like ftec and other it, the most important thing is we have to keep alert
June 30, 2018, 01:01:46 AM
I agree and I think not 80%, 90-95 % of icos are scam, they are just collecting money and doing nothing, months are passing and they are not giving anything and then closing the company.
Activity: 163
June 30, 2018, 12:57:32 AM
In my opinion, 95% of ico is fraudulent, and the market has reached tens of billions of dollars since 2017. The market has been badly affected.
Activity: 154
June 30, 2018, 12:38:14 AM
I agree, because the ICO now are different from ICO at past time. Now they're 80% potentially scam, so don't try to invest your money easily in ICO if you won't loss your money. I believe on ICO rarely because there no reason to believe uncertainty investment. Think before invest and if you must invest, you must have some try and make good research before investing into it
June 30, 2018, 12:26:41 AM
Perhaps you are right, I have no evidence that this may be so, but the fact that most projects are unreliable - I do not doubt it. Maybe not 80 percent but about this.
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
June 29, 2018, 07:01:15 PM

DYOR people ...

I have come to the realization that not all ICOs are scam. You just have trouble in finding the right ones. Let me help you. Buy Spotcoin ICO today. I can guarantee you it is not a scam. Presale sold out before time and ICO date about to be announced. Don't miss out on it. Check http://spotcoin.com for details
Activity: 602
June 29, 2018, 02:03:11 PM
It can be concluded that based on these data for a beginner - to invest in ICO - this is almost always - will lead to the loss of his money and time. Investing at the moment is very dangerous.
Activity: 126
June 29, 2018, 01:39:16 PM
I totally agree. There's a lot of scams or scammer in our market. Specially in crypto world mostly we are anonymous. That's why you should not build your trust right away.Make sure that the project is legit, ask question or make a research with an unbiased source.
Activity: 476
https://saturn.black
June 29, 2018, 01:29:59 PM

DYOR people ...
Without this it is impossible, where you can just make money, there are always scammers, it is also in real life, it is normal for today.
Activity: 196
June 29, 2018, 01:21:39 PM
I think 80% is very much, in reality about 30%, but even this figure is quite large. It is necessary to study the project very well before joining it, so it is also good to follow the progress of the ico, so that in case of poor pre-sale fees, do not waste your time on this project.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
June 29, 2018, 01:17:45 PM
I agree with this assessment, a lot of ICOs are outrightly scams while some only create a project that is overly ambitious and with no realistic way of meeting the targets.
The main way ICOs lure in unsuspecting investora is by chilling and offering too much bonuses so you have to beware.
Pages:
Jump to: