Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 68. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 385
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 06:12:51 AM
Unfortunately, this is indeed the case. in March, the consulting company Satis Group LLC published its own research, which allowed to determine the state of the global ICO-market. It turned out that about 80% of such projects are fraudulent, and only 8% get to go to the listing on trading floors.
Activity: 214
Merit: 1
July 05, 2018, 05:51:59 AM
Yes, that is correct, over 80% of the ICO's now a days are scam this because of the popularity of digita currency today makes scammers want to fraud each participants and investors. Better to research good ICO into the forum to avoid mistake on fake ICO's this time.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
July 05, 2018, 05:38:06 AM
I think most ICOs are risky. Just a little more risk. All projects do not really serve life, are ideas for the future so cannot avoid failure. Many projects with the intention of scam from the beginning are unavoidable to less knowledgeable investors. Therefore, it is necessary to cultivate knowledge before investing.
Activity: 14
July 05, 2018, 01:16:30 AM
No doubt some of the ICOs are scamers they come in market advertised sell token collect money than no idea where are they but its not all its minority so we have to check first company profile whitepaper their team their project and ratings in crypto market than have to decide what to do, if you see their are many persons who earnings alot from this market.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 05, 2018, 01:10:21 AM
I do now not think that there are 80% of the icos this is rip-off because some of them may failed their assignment because they did not have the good marketing capabilities but nevertheless most of them are dispensing the praise after the ico is a hit.
Activity: 224
Merit: 4
July 04, 2018, 03:32:46 PM
There are a many Scam ICO's nowadays which would demotivate people from investing/working on ICO's. The main problem is the decentralisation factor of cryptos. Some checks need to be implemented for checking authenticity of the ICO's
Activity: 128
July 04, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
In fact, probably even 90% of all ICOs are scammers. We can be cheaten by others if we are not careful enough. Very few ICO achieve soft cap. But good, successful projects are also exist.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
July 04, 2018, 02:57:24 PM
I agree with you, I even think that about 90 percent of the ICO can be attributed to fraud, since among all ICO, there are too many weak projects that are initially issued for no clear purpose.
Activity: 173
cave canem!
July 04, 2018, 07:15:46 AM
 I would better say that 80% of ico's are not successful rather than to say that they are scam, because cameras initially developed project in order to steal your money and decieve you, and there are some of the project who just cannot gather enough money.
Activity: 136
July 04, 2018, 05:07:05 AM
Well that is true and not true, lots of ICO looks like a scam project but it just fail because it lacks of investors but the majority is scam ICO you cant know if that ICO is a scam or not until the beta has done
Activity: 329
https://eloncity.io/
July 04, 2018, 04:18:48 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I agree that there have been a lot of fraudulent projects that deceive investors. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to distinguish a real project from scammers. Since in technical documents and on the site you can write anything you want. Investors need to carefully analyze projects
Activity: 238
July 04, 2018, 03:25:21 AM
Yes you are absolutely right with this, most of their purpose is to scam investors of their hard earned money..... Government rules can stop all this from occurring....
Activity: 105
July 04, 2018, 03:18:48 AM
Yes, I agree with you. ICO makes them profitable at the moment, so they will organize ICO to scam. The benefits of this are blinded by them, so many organizations will conduct ICO scams, which is very unhealthy. Most will fail, we should resist rather than blindly participate
Activity: 98
July 04, 2018, 03:14:31 AM
It is only our responsibility to find out whether some ICO project is worth participating because there are so many fake ones in the market that you do need to spend time and research before joining them.
Activity: 98
July 03, 2018, 05:43:04 PM
I think there's more than the 80% that are scams, but the way of finding the right one keeps being the same, researching their team and their social medias, also their whitepaper and overall background.
Activity: 252
July 03, 2018, 05:42:43 PM
Though not really but there is scam but dont think its upto that,  they just want to prevent the platform from going to Greater height
Activity: 186
July 03, 2018, 05:40:36 PM
If all icos would be successful everyone would invest to icos and no one would make trading. There is point why icos are very profitable they are very risky u can earn too much or u can lose too much.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
July 03, 2018, 05:31:07 PM
I do not think that fraudulent ICO projects among all such campaigns become as much as 80 percent. Last year, the failed and fraudulent ICO campaigns were approximately 50 percent mid-year and this percentage increased to 80 by the end of the year. I think that fraudulent ICO projects are actually somewhere from a third to a half of all projects.
Activity: 132
July 03, 2018, 05:20:39 PM
Yes for sure there are too many scam icos but I think if u make enough research and if u spend time for icos u can understand which one is scam which one is real.
Activity: 34
July 03, 2018, 05:10:49 PM
Being honest, Initial Coin Offerings rarely are classic scams. I consider that the authentic squeeze frequently is oftentimes a awful business proposal.
Pages:
Jump to: