Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 75. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 25, 2018, 06:44:12 PM
Well, I do not think that every failed project is scammers! Yes, a lot of scams, but there are those projects that because of the irrelevance did not raise funds for development! do not consider such projects as scams!
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
June 25, 2018, 05:59:04 PM
So many ICOs are scams, but I disagree with the 80% I think that is exagerated. I think we have more failed projects than scams.
Activity: 742
Merit: 103
June 25, 2018, 05:54:00 PM
Well, I would not say that straight 80% is a Scam,I would say that 30% percent of scams, just many still spend Pre ISO, or can not yet go to full-fledged exchanges, etc., as well as projects worthy of a lot, waiting and seeing what will come out,I'm sure that the market in 19godu will be quite different,that many will go to the blockchain
This information is real. Some time ago, experts conducted research on this matter. About 80-85 percent of the projects are scam. Some projects show this immediately, and others - after a while.
Activity: 238
June 25, 2018, 05:46:17 PM
Because there are no rules governing the ICO, more and more new ICOs are emerging every day. I also feel that most of them end up failing or even scam. But of course some of them still have a legit ICO.
Activity: 131
June 25, 2018, 05:45:14 PM
I agree with you. but there is no getting away from it, so we have to study projects better.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 05:43:27 PM
Well, I would not say that straight 80% is a Scam,I would say that 30% percent of scams, just many still spend Pre ISO, or can not yet go to full-fledged exchanges, etc., as well as projects worthy of a lot, waiting and seeing what will come out,I'm sure that the market in 19godu will be quite different,that many will go to the blockchain

Yeah, for me i couldn't barely say that 80% of the ICO are scam. Its huge enough for us to say that those ICOs are scam, maybe because of the increasing number of ICO coming in the crypto community the chances of becoming a successful project is very tough.
Activity: 34
June 25, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
To be honest, initial coin offerings barely are simple hoax. For me the authentic crunch normally is time after time a atrocious financial creation.
Activity: 154
June 25, 2018, 04:20:43 PM
I don't think so, People who experienced that the ICO's have not give them profit as promised they will immediately call them scammers. If we analysis and study on new comes ICO then, i think we never invest in scam. Recently, i joining scidex on telegram, it's such a great project.
Activity: 602
June 25, 2018, 04:06:12 PM
Activity: 205
June 25, 2018, 04:04:29 PM
Unfortunately, it is really seems to be so. The lack of a control has it's flaws, so scammers have a great range of ways to fraud on cryptocurrency market. However, now even good and promising projects sometimes can't reach hardcaps, so maybe the situation will become better in the near future.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
June 25, 2018, 04:03:12 PM
Yes but it is in your hands to choose the ones that are not. If you are scammed is probably because you are investing in something you don´t understand.
Activity: 292
Merit: 2
June 25, 2018, 03:57:57 PM
You're right.  Now a lot of scam projects and not worth the risk and invest all your money in the ICO.
Of course, many of the ICO scams , but on the other hand what prevents to create structures that will regulate all passing ICO. The company will check the ICO for the presence of fraudulent schemes and then conclude whether or not to allow the ICO to investors or not. It would be much more convenient for all categories of investors.
Activity: 150
June 25, 2018, 03:51:06 PM
You're right.  Now a lot of scam projects and not worth the risk and invest all your money in the ICO.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
June 25, 2018, 02:32:28 PM
Hey.
Yes, there is no surprise that there is so much deception. But uuzhe and do not be surprised that there are people who invest in such projects. Takes a person without going into the essence of projects and investing in 10 of them. Part of the deception and the money disappeared, the part turned out to be a shallow movement and a bit of self-restraint in plus went dead. And the rest, the smaller, gave a profit, and in the total amount of the spent man is still in profit. Of course, this is all conditional, but the essence is approximately this.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
June 25, 2018, 02:30:59 PM
 I think that right now this amount is a bit lower, because people are becoming more wise in those questions of considering scam or not scam...
Activity: 453
June 25, 2018, 01:47:51 PM
Don't forget about the projects that are a scam and are still in use as a "nice token/cryptocurrency" at least for now I see a lot of cryptocurrencyes that doesn't have such big future, but for no it's big just because of whales and don't know who else backed that thing up, to get all that money and suck the suckers, and projects where there could happen big things are demolished because everybody cares about the money atm...
Activity: 98
June 25, 2018, 01:40:50 PM
I think the scam projects are about 40%.  And somewhere around 30% are projects that did not get the soft cap.  And only 30% of successful projects.
Activity: 34
June 25, 2018, 11:28:06 AM
this is a really bad thing for us. 81% scams.... how many investors have to lose money before this will be stopped?
guys please, choose projects wisely. Don't give away your money, this market need to grow. Scams must be stopped now!
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 11:05:57 AM
Most of you guys doesn't even know what "scam" is, I saw a lot of times when the guy don't read an airdrop rules, start demanding something and then call the project "a scam". What a nasty way of behavior!
Activity: 651
Merit: 103
June 25, 2018, 11:04:15 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
There are many fake ICOs in the market and it is the reason why we should be more careful if we will make investment with ICOs. Most of the scammers are managing fake ICOs, we can protect our money if we have knowledge about the investment that we are doing.
Pages:
Jump to: