Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 78. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 12:59:16 PM
I think the scam projects are much smaller.  Now a lot of projects do not reach soft cap.
Activity: 70
June 21, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
80% too much to give ICO scam value, I more agree 50% for ICO scam, because there are a lot of ICOs out there that are nice and keep developing their project up to now
Activity: 70
June 21, 2018, 10:03:50 AM
You are viewing this  from your own perspective, that's why you are concluding that most 80% of ICO are scam I disagree totally with that if you say that most ICO pay worthless token I can accept that though some ICO are scam but not 80%
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
June 21, 2018, 04:15:09 AM
yes i agree because most of ICO nowadays is scam its really hard to find a legit ICO because people take advantage or become greedy
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
June 21, 2018, 04:05:13 AM
Cannot disagree, the market is full with scam projects and it makes crypto industry suspicious. So we should support good projects and show that some of them really have success. crypto comparing platforms should be more fair and do not take money for rates. I think that some new platforms are like this, for example: www.icoguide.com and I am very happy when I see some fair rates.
It can be used as a good basis and for investors to check and understand the project, learning what can be the sage and what is the future goals, if the project can deliver and the team behind have already proven the their existence inside the business, then i think also if ever that there's bounties the
manager itself can also be a good basis before start to invest and lessen the risk of being victimized of an scam project.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
June 21, 2018, 03:28:38 AM
Cannot disagree, the market is full with scam projects and it makes crypto industry suspicious. So we should support good projects and show that some of them really have success. crypto comparing platforms should be more fair and do not take money for rates. I think that some new platforms are like this, for example: www.icoguide.com and I am very happy when I see some fair rates.
Activity: 224
June 20, 2018, 12:59:52 PM
I agree and I think not %80, %90-95 of icos are scam, they are just collecting money and doing nothing, months are passing and they are not giving anything and then closing the company.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
June 20, 2018, 12:57:59 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
That's why you need to carefully choose ICO, if you are an investor. Although if you participate in the bounty, you also need to screen out some bounty campaigns.
Activity: 172
June 20, 2018, 12:46:46 PM
Yes, unfortunately you are right and complete freedom and decentralization have a lot of negative sides!
Now really a lot of scam projects.  And to find a good and promising project is very difficult.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
June 20, 2018, 08:20:58 AM
Of course, this is a very sad statistics! But it's a fact! I think the only working scheme is the bounty campaign. And it is very, very risky to invest money in ICO!!!
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
June 20, 2018, 08:17:49 AM
Yes, unfortunately you are right and complete freedom and decentralization have a lot of negative sides!
Activity: 280
June 20, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
I don't think that 80% of ICOs are scams. But i agree that 80% of them are senseless and their main goal is only to raise more money.
Activity: 84
June 20, 2018, 04:06:59 AM
Well, firstly, not 80% and less. Secondly, if it was as much as you said here now would not have been half the people who are present here. Third, some ICO projects are reborn again and try to restore the missed chance to become successful.
Activity: 74
June 19, 2018, 12:42:23 PM
I don't agree with their opinion telling us ICO is 80% Scam. maybe i will go for 50-50. cause most are legit you need to see first the People behind the project if its really real person or not.
Activity: 417
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 10:47:24 AM
I am also beginning to believe that many ICOs are just scams. My experience is that an ICO that I had participated in ran away. My friend also told that many ICOs he was a part of them through bounty campaigns ran away. So many ICOs are just scams. Stay alert! stringent laws and regulations should be in place to control such fake ICOs.
Activity: 98
June 19, 2018, 08:45:14 AM
The details of the report are scaring,81 percent is a lot to be scam.The proliferation of ICOs makes it a bit more  difficult to know the right project to invest in.One thing is clear however:we cannot over-emphasize the importance of DYOR (Doing your own research)before buying into any project.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
June 18, 2018, 06:44:44 PM
I would say the percent of scams is even higher than 80 percent.  A lot of these scams you never hear about and they slowly fade from your memory.
I think you isn't right, because statistics show percent of big part ICOs. Of course it's not all of them, but more or less it's 80%.
Activity: 264
June 18, 2018, 06:31:05 PM
Truthfully there are lots of fake ICO at the moment and it even become difficult to know those fake ICO so as to avoid them. Though one of the ways to know the many fake ICO is to make sure we ask soany question about them like knowing the exact the project is about and reading through their whitepaper to see if it is a worthy project and worth wasting the time on.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
June 18, 2018, 06:28:33 PM
I don't think that 80% start out with the intent to scam, but it wouldn't surprise me that 80% are failed projects.
Activity: 224
June 18, 2018, 06:19:47 PM
I do not know exactly how many ICOs are here, and also how many scam ICOs are here. In addition to the ICO scam I already know, there may be another scam ICO, because we will never know any ICO scam if we do not play a part in it or wait for the ICO to show itself in public that he is a scam. It is difficult to say for sure, as the numbers will continue to increase. However, I believe that the legitimate ICO still has a higher ratio than the scam ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: