Pages:
Author

Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place. - page 2. (Read 81426 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
As long as alts don't properly take off we'll remain in low-profitability-land.

I'm finding it quite strange however that on the days where alts do pump, profitability hardly goes up. It's like hashpower comes out out of nowhere and immediately increases diff. There's probably so many automated mining bots out there that any little opportunity is squashed as it appears. We need a widespread alt bullmarket for this massive global hashpower to be absorbed.

Makes me think we might see all time highs again, but not in terms of daily mining profitability. Way too much hash out there.

asics  sit and wait for a lot of alts to pump.  So a flick of the switch and they turn on.

Think of zec  how much hash do they have  z miners  are like 50 cards.
I'm not even talking about asic algos... But look at CN/r and variants, x16, C29, Beam... All that stuff is at the same profitability level as a week ago. It's like nothing even happened! Cheesy

Raven did not pump in value much
Grin did not pump in value much.

Last I looked raven was not at 7 cents
And grin was under 2 dollars.

Are you waiting RVN to reach 1 dollar to sell?

I have a lot of RVN

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ravencoin/
raven is 4.4 cents
I would sell ½ of  mine at 50 cents.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/grin/
Grin
is $1.90  I sell it for LTC I do not hodl it at all

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/
Doge is .3075 cents 
if it goes to 5 cents I would sell ½ of it.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-interest/
BCI is   8.6 cents
I would sell ½ of it at 86 cents

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

I'm finding it quite strange however that on the days where alts do pump, profitability hardly goes up. It's like hashpower comes out out of nowhere and immediately increases diff. There's probably so many automated mining bots out there that any little opportunity is squashed as it appears. We need a widespread alt bullmarket for this massive global hashpower to be absorbed.

Makes me think we might see all time highs again, but not in terms of daily mining profitability. Way too much hash out there.

asics  sit and wait for a lot of alts to pump.  So a flick of the switch and they turn on.

I'm not even talking about asic algos... But look at CN/r and variants, x16, C29, Beam... All that stuff is at the same profitability level as a week ago. It's like nothing even happened! Cheesy

Are you waiting RVN to reach 1 dollar to sell?

I have a lot of RVN
legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 260
Bitcoin broke the $8,000 mark. Perhaps after this, investors will switch to altcoins and many owners of old video cards will start making good money again. If this happens, we will be happy for the owners of NVidia GeForce GTX 2080Ti.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
IMO new season of mining is over the corner, the trade volume is much higher then the best days of 2018 when BTC was at 20K-lets see how efficient the new 7NM navi will be.

My prediction for navi is that it will be good on the nividia algos. Its not gonna beat vegas on xmr type algos. I did see somewhere that AMD said navi is not as good on compute as it will be on games
I started to power up some rigs finally after shutting them down in November 2018.

ETH is profitable but not that profitable however I think in the near near future the ratio will improve, I think we will at least get a 50% gain for the ETHBTC ratio when BTC corrects hence its a good way to accumulate some ETH and then switch to BTC eventually.

Because I have a feeling that if the $2/gpu/day come back then the difficulty will start going up and GPUs will be sold out everywhere again.

Its definitely on the improve but I do wonder how many gpus are waiting to be turned on. At least what I mined 3 months ago at breakeven is now worth a bit more
Activity: 157
Merit: 6
IMO new season of mining is over the corner, the trade volume is much higher then the best days of 2018 when BTC was at 20K-lets see how efficient the new 7NM navi will be.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I started to power up some rigs finally after shutting them down in November 2018.

ETH is profitable but not that profitable however I think in the near near future the ratio will improve, I think we will at least get a 50% gain for the ETHBTC ratio when BTC corrects hence its a good way to accumulate some ETH and then switch to BTC eventually.

Because I have a feeling that if the $2/gpu/day come back then the difficulty will start going up and GPUs will be sold out everywhere again.
legendary
If history is to repeat itself, then Bitcoin will top out about a week to 10 days before the bottom of the alts ratio against BTC.

Looking at ETHBTC you can see that the bottom was put in about 9 days before the top in Bitcoin was made. Basically alts were getting sold for BTC... then BTC was being sold for alts .... then alts were sold for tether or fiat and everything started to crash.

Not saying it will happen but something to look for. So far it looks like alt ratios might hit another low however even with that ETH spike over $200.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Its pretty crazy how bitcoin is going bonkers but the alts are either trading sideways or going down. So if you are a GPU miner, profitability hasn't really improved since the last few months.

Really would like to see ETH above $200 and maybe it might be worth powering up my rigs again. I am sure the people with the SHA256 sure are happy this month, since Bitcoin is the only coin accelerating in the last couple of weeks.

This is probably because a lot of people are selling alts to put into bitcoin as it rises.  Combine that with the massive amount of altcoins that are either complete shitcoins or really do not have much of a future.  Unfortunately the most profitable coins to mine are the ones that have the least potential. I regret not selling every single alt I had when the prices started to crash.  In the long term I don't forsee any alts that will outperform Bitcoin or Eth in terms of % gains

agreed for the most part...

But;  coins like XMR, Dash, LTC all have a purpose as an intermediary;  like 'coins' to BTC's 'paper cash'.

Even in the whitepaper it was known that BTC had a long way to go to be able to support large transactions and volume;  so having side networks for smaller quicker payments are actually a good thing.  Scaling up the blockchain data could be disastrous in certain respects.    Newer alts, are pretty much going to be a dying breed;  in the future I hope they become less of a coin/store in value, and more of a function or program.  ETH doesn't count;  it's got the same level of respect and trust that I have in Java or Adobe Flash.

There are few alts I hold, but all of my alts are ~25% of my crypto portfolio.   99.999% of my crap alts I have gambled on;  I have definitely profited, so ill only sell them if its worth the effort, or a few of them get re-enabled on exchanges. (exchange wallets offline)
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
BTC at $7100 right now.  It's nice to see most of the alts are up over the past 24 hours too.  I have to say that I expected the Binance hack news to affect the market differently. :p
I think we are starting to see an alt coin thining. Won't hurt there are soo many useless ones.
XMR has been looking nice also. Will BTC breach $7K....  if it does I think we are off to around $9-10K
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Its pretty crazy how bitcoin is going bonkers but the alts are either trading sideways or going down. So if you are a GPU miner, profitability hasn't really improved since the last few months.

Really would like to see ETH above $200 and maybe it might be worth powering up my rigs again. I am sure the people with the SHA256 sure are happy this month, since Bitcoin is the only coin accelerating in the last couple of weeks.

This is probably because a lot of people are selling alts to put into bitcoin as it rises.  Combine that with the massive amount of altcoins that are either complete shitcoins or really do not have much of a future.  Unfortunately the most profitable coins to mine are the ones that have the least potential. I regret not selling every single alt I had when the prices started to crash.  In the long term I don't forsee any alts that will outperform Bitcoin or Eth in terms of % gains
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Yea, saw that myself too.
I've powered up a 1080ti rig about a month ago, mining x16r and now mining eth on nicehash and since last month, although bitcoin is going up a lot, I get the same revenue per day.. but I will hold for the moment and focus on btc/eth.

I've mined last year a lot of BCI when it was over 1$ and now after more than 6 months of holding it is 0.09$ Smiley))
I will keep holding a lot of coins, maybe they will go up someday.. but right now I'm focusing on nicehash (btc) and eth.
What's your strategy for these days?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
You can probably use teamviewer for over 100 rigs as long as your location is a local one and not remote.

Basically I've read the disclaimer saying you can't use it for business purposes and if you use it for too many (they don't state how many) different computers they will lock you out. However I never had any issues. I like the program and was basically going to pay if they ever required payment since its convenience and the cost isnt too much. However most of my rigs were local network.

I think what they are talking about is if you have rigs in multiple locations and you tried to access them from 1 location. Because they realize that if you are already physically there with your rigs, you can always just locally connect a monitor and keyboard and do your work.

If its a remote location where you would have to drive too then they limit those because they know that people would obviously pay for the program rather than have to drive back and forth whenever they want to check on their rigs.

Yeah, all the machines i have teamviewer on.   most of them are on the same network;  some are on nested subnets....   but generally speaking when I use TV;  I initiate a VPN to my main network, and initiate a direct-connect....     Only when I just need access to one little bit that's not sensitive, will I TV into lets say my game PC, cellular network router, or a media storage pc to do whatever task or fetch whichever file/detail.

once in a blue moon, ill connect to help a friend;  but if i do it more than once, i add their machine ID to my list;  which takes it off the radar a bit I would think.

Also it helps that my main network my VPN is attached to, is hosted from a private IP;  not a hosting company.
Pages:
Jump to: