Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 15. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Ok, since I'm newish to bitparking maybe someone can put me at ease a little.

Right now we are at 6 days on the current block with round cdf at 92.53%. What is the longest a block has run on bitparking, and is there a time limit that it will say hey this isn't working let's start over?

Still working on the app, emailed the admin about the json data, so hopefully that should be in beta soon.

If there is any android developers that has made an app that parses bitparking and is willing to share their source let me know. The json format that bitparking spits out is a little odd, it's valid but the apple json decoder doesn't like it so much.

Michael

There is no 'starting over' when it comes to mining. Every hash has the same chance to solve a block. This block does indeed massively suck... but it'll be solved sooner or later. In the long run, it'll all average out.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

Right now we are at 6 days on the current block with round cdf at 92.53%. What is the longest a block has run on bitparking, and is there a time limit that it will say hey this isn't working let's start over?

Still working on the app, emailed the admin about the json data, so hopefully that should be in beta soon.

If there is any android developers that has made an app that parses bitparking and is willing to share their source let me know. The json format that bitparking spits out is a little odd, it's valid but the apple json decoder doesn't like it so much.

Michael

this may be the longest yet, but it's also the highest difficulty yet.

so unless we all buy more hardware, the length of blocks and volatility will continue to increase.
Activity: 42

Michael

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
We seem to not be getting paid for recent blocks

https://blockchain.info/blocks/Bitparking

Blockchain.info is quite inaccurate when assigning the pool that found
 the block. They look for the node that they see as being the first to
 send notification out which is often not the right pool.

You can tell they're not bitparking in the following ways:

1) The coinbase transaction only has one entry. In the case of the
 following it's for a single value of 25.03594037:

Real bitparking blocks have two entries in the coinbase. See for
 example:

There are two entries there, one for 25 BTC and another for 0.03281075.

2) Bitparking blocks have 'bitparking' in the coinbase text. See the
 'Coinbase' here:

Compared to one of the supposed bitparking blocks:

Miners can confirm that the pool only sends out 'bitparking' stamped
 coinbases by viewing the coinbase in the pool data they get to process
 if their software allows that.

3) The only site that lists what actually came from pools is:

Looking at the blocks you showed in your list we can see where they are
 actually from. Bock 272701 for example is shown as 'Discus Fish' pool
 there. All bitparking blocks are listed correctly on that site.

legendary
It's better like this personally, kinda like solo mining

Hash Rate (GH/s)   15056.86
legendary
long rounds can be tough on the nerves; I'm happy someone posts the pool hashrate here.

Can anyone summarize some weekly or monthly (prefer monthly) PPS vs DGM stats?  That'd be helpful to keep my wandering eyes glued to bitparking Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

Statistics say "Round Duration: 92:..:.. hours" although we've found quite a few blocks during the last 48 hours, see
http://blockchain.info/blocks/Bitparking

Even worse, user statistics "DGM Estimated Round Payout" has not changed for 24+ hours. Very odd. What's going on?
Blockchain.info is quite often wrong with their block sources. They look at the IP that relays the block to their server (which could be anybody really) instead of looking at the message in the coinbase.

okay interesting
Activity: 591
Merit: 500

Statistics say "Round Duration: 92:..:.. hours" although we've found quite a few blocks during the last 48 hours, see

Even worse, user statistics "DGM Estimated Round Payout" has not changed for 24+ hours. Very odd. What's going on?
Blockchain.info is quite often wrong with their block sources. They look at the IP that relays the block to their server (which could be anybody really) instead of looking at the message in the coinbase.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

Ok, that makes sense, I think, but I'll take your word for it  Grin

Is there any plans on adding an automatic payout option?

On another note, I'm in the process of writing an iPhone app for parsing the json data for bitparking. All the apps in the app store dealing with bitcoin pools none support bitparking. Hopefully I get it done soon, but as always with apple once I post it to the app store I am at the mercy of them to approve it.

Michael
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
At 16 TH/s shouldn't we be solving at around 48 hours instead?
This is correct, but it averages out. We recently found a block after 10 hours and another one after 29 minutes.

If we spend all this time trying to solve this one block what are the chances that it will get solved somewhere else and all our efforts are wasted?
No, we do not mine "this one block". We mine blocks at current difficulty, independently of other pools. If another pool finds a block then this doesn't affect our chances finding a block.

Still, how come the DGM Estimated Round Payout has frozen?
Problem solved, dgm values look normal now. Seems that doublec is listening to this thread Smiley
Is the pool working correctly, I know 93 hours is long, but we just had a 120 hour block. At 16 TH/s shouldn't we be solving at around 48 hours instead?

I'm newish to bitparking, been using it off and on. If we spend all this time trying to solve this one block what are the chances that it will get solved somewhere else and all our efforts are wasted?

Michael
You are right. I haven't looked at the coinbase. Latest block from blockchain.info/blocks/Bitparking says "Mined by user zhaodaniao1". This is certainly not us.

Still, how come the DGM Estimated Round Payout has frozen? The json values (mmpool.bitparking.com/userstats/) are contradictory, too. "dgmscore" goes up while "dgm" doesn't  Huh
Activity: 591
Merit: 500

legendary
When I try to register to mine on this pool I get an error. Am I alone?

broken
Activity: 16
When I try to register to mine on this pool I get an error. Am I alone?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Hash Rate (GH/s)   11602.89
Looks ok now. Miners working at bitparking again.

Main page says:
2013-11-26: The pool suffered a half day outage today due to a DoS attack. I'm hoping that service can be back to normal soon.
legendary
Seems like the stats pages are back up, but the miners are still using backup pools for now.
Pages:
Jump to: