Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 11. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
is anyone else noticing a weird bug with the hashrate? I am mining their but my hashrate isnt going up. I checked and my units are forsure pointing at it and report the correct hashrate

The website's not coming up on my phone, but Iassumed this was my phone.

There was some downtime earlier this week, but I'm not aware of anything else. 
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
is anyone else noticing a weird bug with the hashrate? I am mining their but my hashrate isnt going up. I checked and my units are forsure pointing at it and report the correct hashrate
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Have you tried the bfgminer stratum proxy?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was able to get this working after all. 
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I am really liking this pool, was looking for a good ghash alternative, think this is it! wish we could double the hash rate somehow just so blocks came a lil faster!
legendary
Have you tried the bfgminer stratum proxy?

I was not aware of it.  I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT:  Getting ambiguous results from bfgminer proxy.  I am trying to test this on a machine that only has the CPU for mining.  Using the old stratum_proxy.exe which I think was a slush thing originally, I can connect to BitMinter and using ufasoft CPU miner I can submit shares and see them counted on the BitMinter website.  Trying to connect to Bitparking using that stratum proxy gives the errors I mentioned above.  Using bfgminer only as a proxy it seems to connect just fine to both BitMinter and Bitparking.  The thing is that when I use the ufasoft CPU miner while bfgminer is connected to either pool, I see on the CPU miner that shares are accepted but BFGminer does not report them.  Nor do they appear on the website for either BitMinter or Bitparking.  So while it looks like it is working, the shares don't seem to be arriving at the destination.
legendary

I use stratum (pretty sure) on my ASICs and it works fine.  I run CGMiner.  What are you running?

I have some of this old ASICMiner gear. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-asicminer-cube-setup-hd-352658

It only uses getwork protocol so you have to run a stratum proxy on a computer on the network.  The stratum proxy connects to the pool and the getwork miners submit shares via the proxy.  The problem seems to be that something with the way the proxy and the pool are talking is not working.  The proxy works on other pools including BitMinter and Multipool.  I emailed admin@bitparking and someone got back to me so hopefully they are checking it out.
legendary
Thanks for the responses but it may not matter.  I need to use the stratum proxy for these ASIC's and I can't get it working on bitparking. 

2014-01-12 09:50:08,194 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Subscribing for mining jobs
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 397, in errback

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 464, in _startRunCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 551, in _runCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1101, in gotResult

--- ---
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1043, in _inlineCallbacks

File "twisted\python\failure.pyo", line 382, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator

File "mining_proxy.py", line 213, in main

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1045, in _inlineCallbacks

File "mining_proxy.py", line 102, in on_connect

exceptions.ValueError: too many values to unpack

I use stratum (pretty sure) on my ASICs and it works fine.  I run CGMiner.  What are you running?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Hey cool thanks for that bitpop.  I assume this is running some version of linux.  I don't know jack about linux.  Can you point me to where I can sort out how to open the wallet and generate an address and such?  Which of course assumes I can pop this into virtual box and make it go...  Downloading now so I guess I'll see.

Pankake post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/grp-groupcoin-67991

It's very easy. Just wait 10 minutes then type groupcoind getinfo

I forget how to get address
Shutdown sudo halt
legendary
Hey cool thanks for that bitpop.  I assume this is running some version of linux.  I don't know jack about linux.  Can you point me to where I can sort out how to open the wallet and generate an address and such?  Which of course assumes I can pop this into virtual box and make it go...  Downloading now so I guess I'll see.
legendary
Any windows users actually mining groupcoins?  I am bringing more ASICs to the pool but I want to create an account where I accumulate groupcoins but don't see any means to create a wallet or see any place online where I can get one either.
You'll find answers on the last pages of https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/grp-groupcoin-67991
I made a VM, and there's also a more up to date client (with GUI) by RoadTrain (don't think anyone compiled it for Windows yet).

Vm from pankake
legendary
Any windows users actually mining groupcoins?  I am bringing more ASICs to the pool but I want to create an account where I accumulate groupcoins but don't see any means to create a wallet or see any place online where I can get one either.

Yes!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D85626597272A1BCB6642A900AB9D2B63F937BB9&dn=Groupcoin.ova&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrentfrancais.com%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fwww.h33t.com%3a3310%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce
legendary
Thanks for the responses but it may not matter.  I need to use the stratum proxy for these ASIC's and I can't get it working on bitparking. 

2014-01-12 09:50:08,194 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Subscribing for mining jobs
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 397, in errback

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 464, in _startRunCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 551, in _runCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1101, in gotResult

--- ---
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1043, in _inlineCallbacks

File "twisted\python\failure.pyo", line 382, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator

File "mining_proxy.py", line 213, in main

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1045, in _inlineCallbacks

File "mining_proxy.py", line 102, in on_connect

exceptions.ValueError: too many values to unpack
legendary

I haven't figured this out yet either.  I don't think there's any exchange for them either.

I've been leaving them for the pool (by not adding a Groupcoin address) hoping it helps reduce operating costs or something.

There are some people who have an address (likely posted previously) who you could donate them to as well instead.  Perhaps they would return some if they become valuable someday.

I may re-evaluate some point in the future.
legendary
legendary
Wowie!  Yes very happy with payouts.  Looks like beyond the first (where the estimate was very close to the payout), the payout is about 80% higher than the estimate.  Very nice.  I mined on bitminter with my ASICs for about a month before moving here, now I wish I had just started here when I got them.

Awesome pool. Past and Present.

Yep & yep.

Tell your friends.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Awesome pool. Past and Present.
legendary
Wowie!  Yes very happy with payouts.  Looks like beyond the first (where the estimate was very close to the payout), the payout is about 80% higher than the estimate.  Very nice.  I mined on bitminter with my ASICs for about a month before moving here, now I wish I had just started here when I got them.
legendary
legendary
I think the owner is taking a loss to help us still

I disagree.  The DGM payouts are close to the 25 BTC plus expenses rewards.  The estimated payouts are just funkily displayed.

It's been that way for a few weeks now.

Dgm statistics say he's taking a loss and payouts are higher than income

Perhaps before November, and I think those stats are old from a long time ago when BTCS for $10 each.

When I take the data available on the website and add block rewards vs DGM payments, I get:

Rewards: 501.8353449
DGM Payment: 486.6518697

Pool is in the green 15 BTC for this period.

Which is ok.  I love this pool, and think Bitparking is fair; but it's also not a charity.
legendary
I think the owner is taking a loss to help us still

I disagree.  The DGM payouts are close to the 25 BTC plus expenses rewards.  The estimated payouts are just funkily displayed.

It's been that way for a few weeks now.

Dgm statistics say he's taking a loss and payouts are higher than income
Pages:
Jump to: