Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 14. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
With the next block:

Current
Difficulty   DGM Estimate   Current Block Shares   Duration   CDF
707408283.0514985    8.49823019    97,030,022    07:37:19    12.82%

Estimated payout of 8.49 for the entire pool?  Out of a 25 coin payout... I'm going to be switching off of this pool.  Maybe I just don't understand DGM very well.... but based on those predictions I don't like it.

With that last block:

Id   Block   Time   Duration   Block Reward   DGM Payment   Shares   State
452   273428   2013-12-06 17:43   183:13:36   25.10242339   28.76415763   2,325,697,441   valid

Other blocks paid an extra 3 BTC due to the bad variance...  I guess at this point the variance is way too high for me.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Check my stats page couple hours ago, .08 btc pending, check again a few minutes ago .03 paid out, wtf?

lol, bug was fixed

a bug that cost me .05 btc???

Mined the entire block that took over a week and all I get is .02, 40 gh/s??? I call B/S!!

I'd say .02 to .03 BTC for 40 gh/s is in line with what I got.

All I can guess is the .05 BTC was an inaccurate display error.

Hopefully our future DGM payouts are unaffected, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know.

Ok, but damn I was excited when I saw that .08 then pissed when I saw .03

This was me for a quick min.

heh, yeah, variance can be a bitch sometimes... Sad
Activity: 42
Check my stats page couple hours ago, .08 btc pending, check again a few minutes ago .03 paid out, wtf?

lol, bug was fixed

Mined the entire block that took over a week and all I get is .02, 40 gh/s??? I call B/S!!

Hopefully our future DGM payouts are unaffected, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know.

Ok, but damn I was excited when I saw that .08 then pissed when I saw .03

This was me for a quick min.

http://www.risasinmas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Minion-Hulk-600x316.jpg
legendary

lol, bug was fixed

lol, bug was fixed

legendary
Check my stats page couple hours ago, .08 btc pending, check again a few minutes ago .02 paid out, wtf?

lol, bug was fixed
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I'm afraid it's about time to ask the tough questions here, shall we? With this kind of difficulty increase when does variance kill the merged mining project?

I would hate to go back to Slush or Btc Guild but if this madness goes on, and bitparking doesn't at least double its hashrate soon, we might have to let go of some of the bonuses like ixcoin, iocoin, and even namecoin. It might even kill coins like ixcoin.
Well don't go to Slush... His pool is as unreliable as it was half a year back... I was there for 10 hours to get BTC that I had there out. 3 block that I mined only 2 were OK. One had a big calculation error that was fixed 2 conformation till confirmed... So I would not recommend. Slush seems to be unable to fix it...

Now if you are looking for higer speed pool and bonus coins you might look at GHash.IO(don't have Group coin and I0Coin). You must register on http://cex.io/informer/Lucko/f8500c445eaf3364067b5f170f0894ed/ (yes I used referral link Smiley ) to get access. You can also buy a gigaheshes there for cloud mining...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I'm afraid it's about time to ask the tough questions here, shall we? With this kind of difficulty increase when does variance kill the merged mining project?

I would hate to go back to Slush or Btc Guild but if this madness goes on, and bitparking doesn't at least double its hashrate soon, we might have to let go of some of the bonuses like ixcoin, iocoin, and even namecoin. It might even kill coins like ixcoin.
legendary
woooooooohoooooooooo, that felt good.

Time (UTC)                   Duration
2013-12-06 17:44   00:01:00
2013-12-06 17:43   183:13:36

Bets on the block following getting orphaned?  Seems too good to be true... 1 minute?  I had zero submitted shares...
It is error that we had before... And DMG was not recalculated for that it was promised but not done... See news or this post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3465735

And it happened once more for sure since DMG was off but not reported as a block on the page. Only DMG was off.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3611295
Yeah, I assume Doublec is busy, but hopefully he'll get some free time during the holidays to catch everything up.
85 days? OK if you say so...

not like it's his day job, and he probably keeps getting slammed with higher priority things.  He's mentioned projects that get tossed to the back burner.  And with no other merge mined pools out there, he's got not competition...

Bets on the block following getting orphaned?  Seems too good to be true... 1 minute?  I had zero submitted shares...
It is error that we had before... And DMG was not recalculated for that it was promised but not done... See news or this post

And it happened once more for sure since DMG was off but not reported as a block on the page. Only DMG was off.

Yeah, I assume Doublec is busy, but hopefully he'll get some free time during the holidays to catch everything up.
85 days? OK if you say so...
legendary

Time (UTC)                   Duration

Bets on the block following getting orphaned?  Seems too good to be true... 1 minute?  I had zero submitted shares...

It is error that we had before... And DMG was not recalculated for that, It was promised but not done... See news or this post

legendary

Time (UTC)                   Duration

Bets on the block following getting orphaned?  Seems too good to be true... 1 minute?  I had zero submitted shares...
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Still working on the app, emailed the admin about the json data, so hopefully that should be in beta soon.

If there is any android developers that has made an app that parses bitparking and is willing to share their source let me know. The json format that bitparking spits out is a little odd, it's valid but the apple json decoder doesn't like it so much.

What app are you working on? I can probably help with that json stuffs.
legendary
Alright, just fired up another KnC Miner jupiter... let's do this block now!
legendary
Ok, since I'm newish to bitparking maybe someone can put me at ease a little.

Right now we are at 6 days on the current block with round cdf at 92.53%. What is the longest a block has run on bitparking, and is there a time limit that it will say hey this isn't working let's start over?

Still working on the app, emailed the admin about the json data, so hopefully that should be in beta soon.

If there is any android developers that has made an app that parses bitparking and is willing to share their source let me know. The json format that bitparking spits out is a little odd, it's valid but the apple json decoder doesn't like it so much.

Michael

There is no 'starting over' when it comes to mining. Every hash has the same chance to solve a block. This block does indeed massively suck... but it'll be solved sooner or later. In the long run, it'll all average out.

Looking at the DGM payments in total for each block, there are still a few that paid out more (29-30 BTCs for the block) whereas we're only at 28-29 BTCs for this block, so it's not the longest yet for the past month or so.  Another day or two before we set a "new" record.

Except it is the longest block? That 30 BTC block you were referring to took 132:53:32 to solve. This has taken longer.

Adjusting for difficulty, the other block was "worse."  Keep in mind the price of bitcoin was a fraction of what it is now... taking that into account, too?
Activity: 591
Merit: 500
Except it is the longest block? That 30 BTC block you were referring to took 132:53:32 to solve. This has taken longer.
You need to look at the total round shares and the network difficulty at the time, not the total time to solve.
Activity: 8

Right now we are at 6 days on the current block with round cdf at 92.53%. What is the longest a block has run on bitparking, and is there a time limit that it will say hey this isn't working let's start over?

Michael

There is no 'starting over' when it comes to mining. Every hash has the same chance to solve a block. This block does indeed massively suck... but it'll be solved sooner or later. In the long run, it'll all average out.

Looking at the DGM payments in total for each block, there are still a few that paid out more (29-30 BTCs for the block) whereas we're only at 28-29 BTCs for this block, so it's not the longest yet for the past month or so.  Another day or two before we set a "new" record.

legendary

Michael

Pages:
Jump to: