Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 16. (Read 163780 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Any news?  Embarrassed

EDIT: Back up again....
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Can't connect to bitparking at the moment. 504 Gateway Time-out.
Even the json userstats don't work. Any changes to the URL recently?

DDOS?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Can't connect to bitparking at the moment. 504 Gateway Time-out.
Even the json userstats don't work. Any changes to the URL recently?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Seems like this pool has been having awful luck, if the blockstats page is accurate. "-88.60940710" I assume this means the pool has lost this much due to bad luck/long blocks?

Longest block ever if I am correct. It happens.

Sure it happens, but being -88 BTC would imply a long streak of bad luck rather than just a single long block :p. Infact, payoff for long blocks drops exponentially, seemingly capping at 30BTC or so, which would mean a couple of bad blocks wouldn't result in that high of a loss. It'd take a significant amount of unlucky blocks to hit -88 BTC.

It also makes me wonder about the longevity of the pool. Can the owner afford to keep this pool running? 88 BTC is almost $40k at the current price.

LOL, I assume doublec is doing alright...  but I also assume he appreciates your concern Wink
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
There is something wrong with DGM Estimate... It should be much higher... I guess you had another double block... Just not reported in stats... Please fix...

And when are you planing to fix error on DGM for the least 3?
legendary
Wow. It would be nice if we could get some more hashrate somehow. Tell your friends!
Activity: 768
Finally! block found, took 132:53:32 hours

Hash Rate (GH/s)      15639.41
Activity: 591
No it is from the time pool was still paying orphan blocks...
That's also part of it, yes. The pool was obviously paying for orphans on PPS too.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
How would they lose any money?

If the pool is rather unlucky, every block could take 70-100 hours, which would result in every block paying out 28-30 BTC. Considering a block only gives 25 BTC, the chance of losing money is there. Given an infinite amount of time, assuming it is implemented properly, and 0% fees, it should balance out to 0. But, in the short term, it's still possible to lose money if the pool is unlucky.

It also makes me wonder about the longevity of the pool. Can the owner afford to keep this pool running? 88 BTC is almost $40k at the current price.
Most of that negative balance came from when the pool was still running using PPS with a really low fee.

Ahh, that should explain it. Thanks. That's a pretty hefty loss for the pool to eat though... (but I wasn't around when that happened -- could've been when BTC was still $2 for all I know).
Activity: 826
Most of that negative balance came from when the pool was still running using PPS with a really low fee.
Activity: 591
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
How would they lose any money?
Seems like this pool has been having awful luck, if the blockstats page is accurate. "-88.60940710" I assume this means the pool has lost this much due to bad luck/long blocks?

Sure it happens, but being -88 BTC would imply a long streak of bad luck rather than just a single long block :p. Infact, payoff for long blocks drops exponentially, seemingly capping at 30BTC or so, which would mean a couple of bad blocks wouldn't result in that high of a loss. It'd take a significant amount of unlucky blocks to hit -88 BTC.

legendary

legendary
88 hours, ouch.
Hash Rate (GH/s)       17863.99
legendary
Activity: 1820
is this pool worth mining on anymore compared to others with say 150GH or is it best to stick to BTC pools with merged mining nmc or is this pool better overall for sticking to it.
Hash Rate (GH/s)         18417.93
Activity: 296
Merit: 102
add 3 hashbusters  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: