Pages:
Author

Topic: A warning about Alt-Coins - page 7. (Read 901635 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 15, 2014, 01:32:31 PM
Coinye swagcoin 4 life  Lips sealed
Activity: 7
January 15, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
Hi i am french sorry for my approximate english.
Anyone is mining on a profit switching pool?
Could you share the BTC/ Mhash/day  you get?? And with which pool you are mining.
I was on middlecoin but looking for another pool since pool is getting tout big ans profit too low...

Thanks
Activity: 1
January 15, 2014, 12:13:46 PM
I have millions of COYE...
Make me a good BTC or LTC offer on PM.  Cool
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 15, 2014, 11:00:31 AM
Been bitcoining for quite some time, sold off my BFL Jally for $650 and bought two R9 290x with the cash and a little BTC.
I have 50GH lined up for hosted mining BTC soon, but in the meantime I want to get my coin on.
I'm looking into mining alts and LTC (I consider litecoins to be a mainstream coin due to its acceptance) and find myself in awe at how much crap there is to sift through to figure out how to profit from this venture.

why not use http://www.coinwarz.com (not all alts are there and the diff is not real time so be a little careful with the flavour of the minute Smiley) to check what coin is most profitable and then change the xy crap coin to ltc ?
most of the time i keep some of the crap coins just in case

well thats what i'am doing .....
Activity: 18
January 15, 2014, 10:53:11 AM
Been bitcoining for quite some time, sold off my BFL Jally for $650 and bought two R9 290x with the cash and a little BTC.
I have 50GH lined up for hosted mining BTC soon, but in the meantime I want to get my coin on.
I'm looking into mining alts and LTC (I consider litecoins to be a mainstream coin due to its acceptance) and find myself in awe at how much crap there is to sift through to figure out how to profit from this venture.
January 15, 2014, 09:41:55 AM
Hi there and sorry to be such a noob

Since i can only post in this subforum i will try for help here:

i try to mine some verticoin with wallet solo mining (just cpu and just for fun) but i don't receive any coins (about 14 hours of mining so far)

what i do:

start the wallet wait for sync
then go to help / debug

setgenerate true -1
getmininginfo says about 2000 hashespersec

waiting ...

what am i doing wrong?
something else i have to configure ?

any help very welcome!

my wallet if you wan't to send me some coins for test:
VcMh99NzsYjaijE6niULn3yppzX12CUwkJ

If you are solo mining, it can take a long time until you find any blocks.  Solo mining will give you larger rewards when you find a block, but it could take days/weeks or even years in the case of bitcoin.  If you want steady return, then go with pool mining.  You pool together with other miners and then share the block reward when someone finds a block.  Hope that helps.

so i'm doing nothing wrong and it is normal not finding any blocks after almost 20 hours now?

yes i know the advantages of pool mining. i do this for other coins with ati gpu's (ltc & 42)
afaik verticoin is good for cpu mining. since i have some server and workstations without dedicated gpu's standing around, my idea was to use this machines for verticoin cpu mining

it seems i have to be more patient with wallet cpu mining. this mining method is new for me and i don't have any experience at all Smiley
so my opinion was: there must be something wrong after more of 10 hours of mining a brand new coin without finding any blocks

thanks, your answer is appreciated and sorry for my bad english

gonzzo

Activity: 2
January 15, 2014, 09:16:07 AM
I am mining @ 4500 kh/s in a pool
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
January 15, 2014, 09:10:56 AM

i try to mine some verticoin with wallet solo mining (just cpu and just for fun) but i don't receive any coins (about 14 hours of mining so far)

what i do:

then go to help / debug

setgenerate true -1

waiting ...

what am i doing wrong?

any help very welcome!

If you are solo mining, it can take a long time until you find any blocks.  Solo mining will give you larger rewards when you find a block, but it could take days/weeks or even years in the case of bitcoin.  If you want steady return, then go with pool mining.  You pool together with other miners and then share the block reward when someone finds a block.  Hope that helps.
Activity: 19
January 15, 2014, 08:59:22 AM
Coinye will be interesting. I don't think bagholders will let it die so easily over some legal threats.
The community made fun of Kanye all the time and now they allow him to make their investment worthless lol?!
Cant believe bagholders are going to take their losses while this coin still has potential if it hits an exchange.

It's kanye being kanye (a gay fish)...

I think the lot of them watched a little bit too mutch Southpark and are afraid of having their heads smashed in with a baseball bat Tongue
Activity: 158
January 15, 2014, 08:39:04 AM
Coinye will be interesting. I don't think bagholders will let it die so easily over some legal threats.
The community made fun of Kanye all the time and now they allow him to make their investment worthless lol?!
Cant believe bagholders are going to take their losses while this coin still has potential if it hits an exchange.
Activity: 7
January 15, 2014, 08:12:18 AM
Hi
i am posting here because i'm a newbie :-)
i am interesting in alt coin mining...
January 15, 2014, 07:11:48 AM

what i do:

then go to help / debug

setgenerate true -1

waiting ...

what am i doing wrong?

any help very welcome!

Activity: 28
January 15, 2014, 05:51:11 AM
Peercoin and Datacoin
Activity: 19
January 15, 2014, 05:29:23 AM
What do you guys think, are altcoins with the most potential to become big viable currencies that will last a long time ?
Activity: 163
January 15, 2014, 04:41:35 AM
Any 42 coin users here?
Not really a user, more like a miner :p
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
January 15, 2014, 03:36:51 AM
Any 42 coin users here?
Activity: 56
January 15, 2014, 12:20:54 AM
Where are you seeing that $23 per COYE?!
Activity: 2
January 14, 2014, 09:43:55 PM
United Miners - COYE pool is showing $23.00 per COYE.... Is this right?

http://coye.united-miners.com/index.php?page=dashboard

I think a lot of people wish this were true!

I'm curious to see what happens with COYE once coinye-exchange.com is up and running.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
January 14, 2014, 08:24:51 PM
United Miners - COYE pool is showing $23.00 per COYE.... Is this right?

http://coye.united-miners.com/index.php?page=dashboard
Activity: 56
January 14, 2014, 07:49:49 PM
Digibyte looks good, same with Ethereum. I'm not so sure about NXT anymore, their client is clunky at best and from what I'm gathering from others it just looks like another pump and dump scheme.
Pages:
Jump to: