Pages:
Author

Topic: A warning about Alt-Coins - page 5. (Read 901635 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
January 16, 2014, 03:49:47 PM
Every single altcoin I've seen is bad.
Just small random changes in variables.
But you can still mine them, trade them and make profit !
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
January 16, 2014, 03:22:11 PM
Why so many new coins every days ?

its just gone a complete joke after the creation of doge, people should drop doge it dosnt have a future, how can it have a real economic future when its based on a joke, buisness's would never use it so it will die

new coins are just sucking the value away from bitcoin.

They're not sucking the value away from Bitcoin at all. If anything, they probably make it stronger.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 16, 2014, 03:15:51 PM

its just gone a complete joke after the creation of doge, people should drop doge it dosnt have a future, how can it have a real economic future when its based on a joke, buisness's would never use it so it will die

every new coin just gets pumped and dumped and just dies, look at all the coins on cryptsy 75% of them were pumped dumped and now dead or on a big decline.

Most people don't seem to realize that. It's just a pun, but you can still make money of it Grin
Activity: 9
January 16, 2014, 03:06:32 PM
I'm going with doge for the short term...but if it implodes, no worries for me as I'm just in it for kicks.
Activity: 7
January 16, 2014, 01:52:48 PM
Hey, im new here, and cant post to other threads.  I have a question about 0daycoins (ex coinye exchange). I had there some coinyes, and after it stopped all exchanges i received an email with withdrawal confirmation, then i pressed accept and coinyes did not came to my wallet. Is there any chance to contact the 0daycoins administrator and get information about that transaction?
Activity: 154
January 16, 2014, 01:00:15 PM

every new coin just gets pumped and dumped and just dies, look at all the coins on cryptsy 75% of them were pumped dumped and now dead or on a big decline.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
January 16, 2014, 12:37:03 PM

Because people want get rich with them.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
January 16, 2014, 12:35:20 PM
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
January 16, 2014, 12:29:45 PM
Moon-Coin gives 1.000.000 MOON at the moment for mining with like 2,4 Mh/s every 5 hours

I think it won't go as low as pennies, coz it does not have that disastrous stake issue like pennies

Activity: 56
January 16, 2014, 11:47:04 AM
I just mine altcoins that seem interessting till i have 10-100 (depends on difficulty etc.).
In this way it won't really cost me anything and i still have the profit if the coin might shoot up in value somewhere this year.
Besides that it's just fun.

How do you decide which altcoins to mine? I started with COYE, you can guess what happened...
Are there any signs i can look for, that indicate a promising altcoin, or is it just luck?

If you want to make real profit it's just luck.
As i said, i just try to get as much different alt coins as possible so if any do make it i will gain something.
Mostly i just take the coins that already have a nice market cap, so those coins already have a solid base.
For the rest it's just random, but i do mine a lot of doge. Currently Doge is the most profitable coin to mine (if you trade it to BTC and then sell it).
Just check out the multipools and see what they are mining
Activity: 5
January 16, 2014, 10:03:55 AM
I just mine altcoins that seem interessting till i have 10-100 (depends on difficulty etc.).
In this way it won't really cost me anything and i still have the profit if the coin might shoot up in value somewhere this year.

How do you decide which altcoins to mine? I started with COYE, you can guess what happened...
Are there any signs i can look for, that indicate a promising altcoin, or is it just luck?

dogecoin

Yes, i am mining doge right now. But the difficulty is very high. I just thought that i might make some more money if i bet on a new currency, mine it at the beginning and sell it (hopefully before the price collapses).
Activity: 71
Merit: 11
January 16, 2014, 09:51:58 AM

dogecoin
Activity: 28
January 16, 2014, 09:49:16 AM

It was kinda obvious kanye was going to sue the devs and halt the project. All these copycat coins brings nothing new to the market so they won't survive the long run. Look for innovation and unique attributes in new coins. I try to mine the coins as they are launched and sell them if it gets listed.
Activity: 5
January 16, 2014, 09:37:50 AM

Activity: 56
January 16, 2014, 08:07:35 AM
Why do people keep investing in theses new alt-coins, do they really think that in one years time, that they will ALL still be around? Or is nobody really investing in them but simply using them as a bridge to make bitcoins and litecoins.

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
In Crypto I trust
January 16, 2014, 07:49:22 AM
My first post:)

I started with mining about month ago,still experimenting with alt coins,and the latest was Coinye.

What do U think whats gonna happen with this type of currency?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
January 16, 2014, 05:53:02 AM
Why do people keep investing in theses new alt-coins, do they really think that in one years time, that they will ALL still be around? Or is nobody really investing in them but simply using them as a bridge to make bitcoins and litecoins.

Doesn't matter if they can make a bit in the short term. You pump and dump them and then only the bagholders who hoard them will lose out when they quickly fizzle in value and become worthless.
Activity: 140
January 16, 2014, 05:50:46 AM

can only speak for me. if the coin look intresting i hold some maybe 30-50% and use the rest as bridge for ltc/btc

@Coinwall:
i just mined some etokens yesterday on http://etoken.luckyminers.com/ but the time to confirm my coins and payout is the slowest i ever met.
waiting to confirm 1 etoken now for about 24 hours and only 0.8 etoken done yet!
do you know if confirmation time depends on the pool or the coin (payout for sure is on the pool. i suppose confirm time is on the coin/protokol and such right ?)
Activity: 181
January 16, 2014, 05:43:33 AM
Activity: 140
January 16, 2014, 05:42:48 AM
I like the idea of alt coins, i just need to figure out which ones are worth the time.

Alt coins can be useful, i have been using alt coins to practice trading etc. Only in small numbers but i just want to see how i go. So far i have managed an increase in the amount of doge i have just by trading it around.

Check out DigiByte Coin.   A new coin that looks pretty good.   They have a decent dev team and website.  We put our mining farm on it today and have collected over 400,000 coins.   Also im up for any suggestions for mining coins if anyone wants to give their opinion. 

Thanks,.   

i just mined some of them. any idea about exchange possibility and rates?
will hold some but not all
Pages:
Jump to: