Pages:
Author

Topic: A warning about Alt-Coins - page 9. (Read 901635 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
January 14, 2014, 10:54:59 AM
Almost all of the alt-coins are there are going to be a waste of time.  They're being created to take advantage of people who get super excited about different things and then get pumped and dumped.

Be careful about wasting time with too many alt coins.

tysat, if you believe they are pump and dumps, seriously who do you think is behind it?  mtgox?  the btc elites?  honestly, if someone is pumping and dumping in an organised way, as a means of screwing new investors then the entire alt community should hunt them down

The devs are the people who orchestra the pump and dumps. Most of these devs of alt coins and the early miners are doing it just to make a quick buck, dump their coins then move on to the next. It's obvious to most people who are not naive newbs who also want to make a fast buck.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 14, 2014, 10:21:57 AM
Almost all of the alt-coins are there are going to be a waste of time.  They're being created to take advantage of people who get super excited about different things and then get pumped and dumped.

Be careful about wasting time with too many alt coins.

tysat, if you believe they are pump and dumps, seriously who do you think is behind it?  mtgox?  the btc elites?  honestly, if someone is pumping and dumping in an organised way, as a means of screwing new investors then the entire alt community should hunt them down
legendary
January 14, 2014, 10:17:43 AM
currently LTC is best investment and its going to be more reliable in near future

What makes you think LTC is currently the best investment?

If you wntto learn try btc-e trollbox :-)

I'd disregard 90% of stuff that is said in there.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 14, 2014, 10:12:29 AM
currently LTC is best investment and its going to be more reliable in near future

What makes you think LTC is currently the best investment?

If you wntto learn try btc-e trollbox :-)
legendary
January 14, 2014, 08:54:45 AM
QBT https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annq2c-qubitcoin-new-secure-hashing-cpugpu-new-update-0841-411065 looks fine. It has real difference comparing to other coins. But the coin still does not have good logo, site and forum. So in my opinion it is time for developers to set a reward for logo and site.

What is its real difference compared to other alt coins?

The.............name.
This is the only difference between alts.
Blockreward , you'll find two with same distribution , block time , you'll find 10 , number of coins ... same?
Same owner (creator,dev) ? you'll find at least two created by the same person.

The name is the only difference.

Haha, yeah, although this 'difference' or other crap is what all people say about their particular crapcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
January 14, 2014, 08:36:22 AM
QBT https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annq2c-qubitcoin-new-secure-hashing-cpugpu-new-update-0841-411065 looks fine. It has real difference comparing to other coins. But the coin still does not have good logo, site and forum. So in my opinion it is time for developers to set a reward for logo and site.

The.............name.
This is the only difference between alts.
Blockreward , you'll find two with same distribution , block time , you'll find 10 , number of coins ... same?
Same owner (creator,dev) ? you'll find at least two created by the same person.

The name is the only difference.
Activity: 47
January 14, 2014, 08:10:52 AM
Long time lurker in these forums, hope to be more active... for anyone who mines alts just noticed QQCoin is up on http://coinmarketcap.com/ this is a super coin and hope it gains an even greater following Smiley
legendary
January 14, 2014, 06:45:34 AM

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
January 14, 2014, 06:08:55 AM
Activity: 5
January 14, 2014, 05:42:02 AM
bitcoin/litecoin is like yahoocoin/aolcoin with huge followers in the beginning.

googlecoin is extremely tech savvy.

microsoftcoin has deep pocket.

Anyone has better insight?

Shocked   gggg
Activity: 5
January 14, 2014, 05:21:59 AM
Could someone explain me why I can't send private messages? And why I can't post on some of the forum topics which seems normal to me, like this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anntag-tagminingcom-is-now-the-official-pool-of-tagcoin-324938

Thanks!

I can't also sent PM.

Undecided
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
January 14, 2014, 05:09:41 AM
Hi guys. Anyone wants to buy a very little amount of 42 ? Wink Very little equals to 0.00000112
Activity: 28
January 14, 2014, 05:00:55 AM
will 'coinye' ever be worth anything?

I certainly hope so! I mined it for awhile and now I see that they have over 3000 signatures on their petition to be included on Cryptsy's exchange (which apparently was asked by Cryptsy in order to have them included on their exchange). And I saw this semi-exchange here: https://0daycoins.com/ that you can buy and sell as well now... Last price I saw was approx 10$ for 100K coinye's

Me too, so I can trade it for BTC Grin
Activity: 1
January 14, 2014, 04:55:05 AM
New here. I have a farm shop where i trade eggs for bitcoins. Should i hold the value in coins or transfer into fiat?
Activity: 1
January 14, 2014, 03:50:15 AM

I certainly hope so! I mined it for awhile and now I see that they have over 3000 signatures on their petition to be included on Cryptsy's exchange (which apparently was asked by Cryptsy in order to have them included on their exchange). And I saw this semi-exchange here: https://0daycoins.com/ that you can buy and sell as well now... Last price I saw was approx 10$ for 100K coinye's
Activity: 13
January 14, 2014, 01:48:43 AM
EAC and DGB looks good Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 6
January 14, 2014, 12:43:43 AM
Activity: 31
January 13, 2014, 10:38:40 PM
I'd like to get access to the other boards.

Therefore I'm writing this totally meaningless post of a few sentences, so the system will let me in Cheesy

Please don't quote me, since I won't react Tongue

Let's have fun and kick cryptocurrency to the moon. And banish ASICS :v
Activity: 18
January 13, 2014, 10:13:15 PM
What people think about Digibyte coin? Is it any good? Smiley

Regards
Activity: 38
January 13, 2014, 09:34:38 PM
I'm a fan of POS coins like Peercoin and Nxt, because I don't see how Bitcoin can be sustainable without major changes that will divide their community and fork their blockchain.  They waste power in the name of fair distribution, but mining doesn't strike me as a particularly fair way to distribute coins.  I'm fine with early adopters getting rewarded even if it's done via an IPO.  Am I missing something here?  Is Bitcoin sustainable?

Are there any other coins I should check out? 

I know about emunie, but don't like how they try to control price among other things.  Volatility may bother some people, but I think it's generally pretty healthy with virtual currencies still coming into acceptance.
Pages:
Jump to: