Pages:
Author

Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated] - page 27. (Read 75954 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
His website has no mention of hashfast boards/chips. Only after prying the info from him it became clear.

You would never see msi attempt to sell an amd powered graphics card passed off as using their own chip.

Producing a miner using another companies chips/schematics does not prove they can competently make their own chip but at least they can put an asic together.

Still the deception/bullshit/incompetence thus far gives me little faith.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Ok I will apologize if Ken is lying.

Ken explicitly said he is building the boards based on Hashfast's reference design. Is this not the case?

Its hashfasts board. He is only manufacturing it. Nothing on this miner aside from the strange looking heatsink is designed by vmc.

Yeah it's their design, but Ken is still producing the boards, which is what he said. However I interpreted MrTeal as saying that VMC is getting the boards from Hashfast before the pre-order customers, which is not the case.

Ken has said many times that he is using their reference design and building the boards himself.

I consider this good because it means whatever engineering company we are working with are competent and when it comes to building our own ASIC, we now have expertise in building boards.

It's a far better situation than just buying the entire lot from Hashfast where every component is marked up.

Ken explicitly said he is building the boards based on Hashfast's reference design. Is this not the case?

Its hashfasts board. He is only manufacturing it. Nothing on this miner aside from the strange looking heatsink is designed by vmc.
legendary
I think MrTeal should apologize for jumping to such conclusions.

Makes sense though, destroy your competition any way you can.

I think ken should apologize for the heaps of bullshit coming from VMC.

Boards and chips are still branded "fast-hash" even though they are just putting together and reselling hashfast hardware.

I think ken should apologize for the heaps of bullshit coming from VMC.

Boards and chips are still branded "fast-hash" even though they are just putting together and reselling hashfast hardware.
legendary
I'll take your word for it.  I (think i) heard you're dealing with those, any idea what a 100-lot would cost?
Thanks. .
I've just seen them. We're doing a board design based on the HashFast chip, we aren't using their design and we're definitely not buying boards from them. It's more than a little disconcerting that they're selling boards to AMC/VMC that should have gone to people who ordered back in August or September.

We did not buy boards from hashfast, we had our own boards manufactured using hashfast reference design.  So, we did not take any boards away from hashfast's pre-order customers.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I'll take your word for it.  I (think i) heard you're dealing with those, any idea what a 100-lot would cost?
Thanks. .
I've just seen them. We're doing a board design based on the HashFast chip, we aren't using their design and we're definitely not buying boards from them. It's more than a little disconcerting that they're selling boards to AMC/VMC that should have gone to people who ordered back in August or September.

We did not buy boards from hashfast, we had our own boards manufactured using hashfast reference design.  So, we did not take any boards away from hashfast's pre-order customers.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Seems strange that there is one board like the above:  http://hashfast.com/shop/yolievo/

but the boards in anti-static bags much more closely resemble this: http://hashfast.com/hashfast-customer-update/

I assume the yolievo board is the same design but a second revision - but clarification from ken would be nice since at a cursory glance the capacitor layout of the boards in bags looks idfferent from the photographed board

but this is definitely a step forwards!
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
It's more than a little disconcerting that they're selling boards to AMC/VMC that should have gone to people who ordered back in August or September.

To say the least. Blows large holes in the notion that they're incompetent rather than crooked.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Thanks. .
Activity: 280
Lol, wrapped some cardboard boxes in inkjet-printed labels, and took a pic of one HF board?  Awesome.
To be fair, it does look like there's 25 other HF boards in anti-static bags.

I'd say you're right, but  it's Ken we're dealing with. Last time he said he was shipping product, turned out it was a single rack rail.  So I wouldn't put it past him to stick old LAN cards in the bags.

P.S.  Haven't been keeping up with HashFast, but can't imagine they discount much on small lots.  Any idea what a 100 lot would cost?

probably not much than for hashfast theselves (they have it preorder for 1800)

huge step in the right direction though

All Ken-bashing aside, it's a step in the wrong direction.  Unless he can unload these things quick, this is typical "spend 1 coin today to mine 1/2 coin in a year."  Who knows, he could be a great salesman, though.  If he really flip these, he might ... nah.  It's still Ken.  

Anyhow, the TL;DR:  After a year spent learning that he could not design a 48, then 28, then 55nm ASICs, and botching every board he claimed to develop, this ASIC pioneer settled into ... reselling these babies from HashFast:

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Lol, wrapped some cardboard boxes in inkjet-printed labels, and took a pic of one HF board?  Awesome.

I'd say you're right, but  it's Ken we're dealing with. Last time he said he was shipping product, turned out it was a single rack rail.  So I wouldn't put it past him to stick old LAN cards in the bags.

P.S.  Haven't been keeping up with HashFast, but can't imagine they discount much on small lots.  Any idea what a 100 lot would cost?

probably not much than for hashfast theselves (they have it preorder for 1800)

huge step in the right direction though
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
Thanks. .
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Swell. Everyone will have hashfast equipment except the people who pre-ordered from hashfast. Sure would be nice if some of these AGs would get off their lazy asses and indict some of these crooks.
legendary

Actually at least with the bottom ones, you can tell that they're the rev 2 of the HashFast boards.

P.S.  Haven't been keeping up with HashFast, but can't imagine they discount much on small lots.  Any idea what a 100 lot would cost?
legendary
Lol, wrapped some cardboard boxes in inkjet-printed labels, and took a pic of one HF board?  Awesome.
Lol, wrapped some cardboard boxes in inkjet-printed labels, and took a pic of one HF board?  Awesome.
Activity: 476
Images of products and of our Datacenter being build

Activity: 280
That boy's powerful crazy...

The zumzero account password is about to be scrambled and made unretrievable.  

Ken, I am about to make my final pm to you with a code I shall use to authenticate my identity for share access.

When it reaches the stage that I get posts deleted that means I am doing something wrong.  It's also a security concern.  No hard feelings folks.  Smiley

Like gallons-of-Thorazine crazy.
Pages:
Jump to: