Pages:
Author

Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated] - page 31. (Read 75954 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
def. gettin moderated hard here, maybe i should just make a new account, like crumbs does
Or just freaking stay on topic, so I don't need to constantly delete your posts! Now, please keep to the topic of Active Mining.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
def. gettin moderated hard here, maybe i should just make a new account, like crumbs does
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Just posting this for posterity.

i just want to know did actm still have enough money to develop 28nm chip, if no ,we all will be get f*k

Mask costs for 28 nm are ~5x 55 nm.  There is no chance ActM is capitalized to fund masks let alone wafer starts, packaging and boards for a 28 nm build.

I believe the existing 28 nm ASIC manufacturers went through $7-10M to get a product to market.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I'm not buying the hapless idiot bit from Ken.  No one is that stupid.  No one would reveal the most damaging info on his company to a journalist.  Stuff he was allegedly going to shit-sandwich with good news before telling his own stockholders.  

What do you think it is then? Some sort of narcissistic mental illness? Because until now, I've always assumed Ken is pretending to be a much bigger idiot than he is and that there really is a plan behind his actions, but his motives behind this interview I cannot fucking fathom. Did he not know what day the article was coming out? Did he just keep putting off making up a story to feed to his shareholders until, whoops, oh yeah, meant to take care of that before it hit the fans? How do you read this as anything but the move of an utter boob who's absolutely losing it?

As for the content, good Lord. So the 55nm IP he bought AND TAPED OUT was a "hiccup"? Okay, it never would have made a profit versus holding coins, but wouldn't he have known that before BUYING the property if he'd run the numbers? Why do these things, spend hundreds of thousands, and then undo them? Is he laundering money? Does he seriously believe in his bitcoin 10,000 crap (and if so, why not just hodl)?

And keeping coins on fucking Gox?  I don't believe it, unless he was buying goxcoins on bitcoinbuilder, or trying some even more retarded arbitration scheme.

Or is this his masterstroke, a devious triple bluff, a magnificent display of dumbth of such splendor and glory that even the great cynics of the bitcoin age start to doubt their considerable doubts and maybe start going easy on this poor senile old man, with his quirky beliefs and his understandable desire to provide for his family, as he soon may not be able to?

I am still amazed at the delusional people in the moderated threat pretending that everything is fine.

Weekly Update 2/26/2014

We have hired a really good lawyer for the MSD problem.  I am out west working with our Project Manager working with our vendors to move our projects into high gear.  Expect good news in March.  

Active Mining Staff

Well, now that starts to make sense.

SCENE:

Ken sits down with the happy engineers who sold him their uneconomic 55 nm design for $500k.  All are cheerful and cordial.

KEN:  Ok guys, down to business.  I just paid UMC $700k to build masks and start wafers.  What is it going to cost to get these chips packaged, onto boards and hashing?
ENGINEER1:  (shares power point and excel sheets)
ENGINEER2:  (reviews GANT charts of schedule)
KEN:  What the fuck!  It's going to cost me $8 / Gh/s for hardware that won't arrive until July?  I can buy May Cointerras for $3 / Gh/s!
ENGINEER1:  Not any more.  We bought out Cointerra's May batch with the money you paid us.
ENGINEER2:  Why do you think we sold the design to you anyway?
vip
Merit: 503
It is worth mentioning that this question was asked to Ken in the official thread, with no response.

I assume no bitcoins on MtGox either Ken?
+1, i just want to ask the same question

There was an indirect answer for that:

this may be way off topic but it reads very similar to a certain CEO of a certain company that we are all invested in, especially in regards to PR:

EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Shrem Speaks Out About Mt. Gox...

Shrem believes the company should have, long ago, hired an agency to handle its PR, but it didn’t, because Karpeles didn’t want anyone to know Mt. Gox’s inner workings (read: didn’t want anyone to know what a dire mess it was in).

Except we aren't in a dire mess.

I am still amazed at the delusional people in the moderated threat pretending that everything is fine.

Weekly Update 2/26/2014

We have hired a really good lawyer for the MSD problem.  I am out west working with our Project Manager working with our vendors to move our projects into high gear.  Expect good news in March. 

Active Mining Staff
^if thats true, then holy shit. 55nm out the window, and the recently announced 28nm is probably barely off the ground.

but more importantly: why would they store bitcoins at mt. Gox? that is absoulely insane, and more then enough reason to avoid ACTM if they cant implement a simple offline storage

We can expect the 28nm in September perhaps? Not sure why any coin was on MtGox, coinbase is the prefered place for getting in/out of bitcoin and also Gox has had issues with withdrawing for the entire life of ActiveMining.

This makes no sense to me.

Do you remember when I told you to take legal action so you could prevent Ken from turning any more of your money into garbage?

Well here we are, $1M in expenses, 4 months of salary for Ken and his children later.  Do you still think I was giving you bad advice?
I still think your advice was bad.

My view has been like this for a long time now; the investors have nothing, the company is worth zilch. However I believed there to be a small (1-4%) chance that Ken makes an ASIC and this would be the only way to get a real return. Taking that risk was the only real way to get a decent amount of Bitcoin back, rather than the peanuts splitting $1,000,000 (if that) over 10,000,000 shares.

Of course this means I was willing to accept a 95%++ chance of never getting anything back.

This direction is the 95%++ chance playing out.

The $1M+ wasted since then is $0.1 / share, or 0.000182 BTC / share.  Plus, you could have pursued Ken and his family's personal assets.  By now his lawyer will have explained to him measures to make that difficult in the future.

I personally feel sorry for you, especially in comparison the most of the idiots invested in this mess.  But your willingness to be a victim isn't doing you much credit.

This whole debacle reminds me of the endgame for the Pirate ponzi.  Scammers like PatrickHarnett, BurtW, Paybtc hid behind the collapse of Pirate to deflect blame from their own actions.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
No.
You made a series of mistakes, failing to listen to your betters at *each and every step of the way*.  You stubbornly ignored good advice, and, even now, are trying to justify your bad decisions.

It is people like you, who throw money at lulzy, illiterate, serial-scamming alcoholics, and then sculk off with tails between their legs, who are *directly responsible for all the scamming happening in Bitcoin*.

You don't report rapists in hopes of getting unraped.  You report them so they would be punished and *others would not get raped*.
legendary
Activity: 1176
^if thats true, then holy shit. 55nm out the window, and the recently announced 28nm is probably barely off the ground.

but more importantly: why would they store bitcoins at mt. Gox? that is absoulely insane, and more then enough reason to avoid ACTM if they cant implement a simple offline storage

It would be fun to watch him try a third IPO, to "complete the 28nm ASIC project."  After all, there's no way in hell he has the money for it now, and ActM "investors" just love that type of crap.

Edit @drawingthesun:  It is heartbreaking watching you ignore the sound advice *repeatedly* offered you by *numerous* intelligent people.  Heartbreaking.

I already made the mistake of investing. I was left with two options with various risk/reward playouts:

1) Legally force the company to liquidize. I will perhaps get under 1 bitcoin back for all that I have invested after the legal fees are paid out. 95% - 99% chance of working.

2) Let Ken have his way, give him the chance to return to investors 20% - 90% of our original invested amounts over several years. We never break even but have bitcoin in our wallets. 0.5% - 5% chance of working.

I still think that taking option 2 was the best course of action. Yeah it's like playing a lottery. I don't care so much for folding and getting 1 bitcoin.
legendary

We can expect the 28nm in September perhaps? Not sure why any coin was on MtGox, coinbase is the prefered place for getting in/out of bitcoin and also Gox has had issues with withdrawing for the entire life of ActiveMining.

Do you remember when I told you to take legal action so you could prevent Ken from turning any more of your money into garbage?

Well here we are, $1M in expenses, 4 months of salary for Ken and his children later.  Do you still think I was giving you bad advice?

I still think your advice was bad.

My view has been like this for a long time now; the investors have nothing, the company is worth zilch. However I believed there to be a small (1-4%) chance that Ken makes an ASIC and this would be the only way to get a real return. Taking that risk was the only real way to get a decent amount of Bitcoin back, rather than the peanuts splitting $1,000,000 (if that) over 10,000,000 shares.

Of course this means I was willing to accept a 95%++ chance of never getting anything back.

This direction is the 95%++ chance playing out.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

It is worth mentioning that this question was asked to Ken in the official thread, with no response.

One wonders why he would be storing bitcoins anywhere but offline after losing 106 at Weex.  More so, why he would keep any at MtGox.  Since it was impossible to get cash out of MtGox on a timely basis since the time of his IPO, you'd have to be an idiot to consider selling coins for your business there.

It seems this could be the perfect cover for Ken to walk away from the scam free and clear.  Cancelling the 55 nm pushes the time frame for any results out 6-12 months.  And when anyone asks where the money went, he can just blame MtGox.
Activity: 240
Merit: 101

LOL. 1/2 a million dollars on masks wasted.  Plus whatever he paid for the design in the first place.

If he actually taped out like he claimed.

There is no way he has enough money left to fund a 28 nm build.  Especially with 4 employees, all members of his family (as stated in the article).
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

Lol, Ken tells random reporters more than he tells U:

"On Monday, several bitcoin companies announced that Japan-based Mt. Gox, the largest online Bitcoin exchange, would file for bankruptcy after months of technological problems and an apparent major theft. It did so Friday, saying that hackers had stolen 750,000 of its users’ bitcoins and 100,000 of its own — more than six percent of the total currently in circulation, worth more than $450 million.

The announcement prompted the cancellation of Virtual Mining’s development of the 55 nanometer chips, Slaughter said on Tuesday.

The cancellation, he said, was driven by three factors. First, Active Mining had some bitcoins — now presumed lost — in the exchange. Second, the recent decline in the price of Bitcoin meant the company had less buying power. Third, the machines would cost enough to produce that they would only provide a return on investment if the price of Bitcoin was at least $900.
"

Lol.  

Excuse Du Jour:  UR coinz are GOXED!!!!1!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Ken is even deleting posts from the VMC thread in custom hardware.

I didn't realize that one was self-moderated too.

That's why i have created this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kslaughter-and-zumzero-from-actm-and-vmc-are-deleting-legitimate-posts-253282
Ken is even deleting posts from the VMC thread in custom hardware.

I didn't realize that one was self-moderated too.

Virtual Mining Corporation 02/27/14

Virtual Mining is currently processing and confirming pre-order refund requests. It is a very timely process because we are in the final stages of configuration before all of our pre-orders are shipped. Look to your email for product shipping order schedule. At the current time we are not immediately moving every order to a refund status due to our final staging and rigging our products for shipping.

We are contacting all of our valued customers with pre-orders  with our new product specification details that includes an increase in hashing power.  This increase in hashing power will make up for our delay in shipping.  Should any of our customers still wish to receive a refund even with the increase in hashing power please contact our customer service department.

Thank you for your continued patience and good luck on your Mining Ventures

Wow!  You are going to fufill existing orders with 10x the hashrate?  That is the only way you could make up for the delay in shipping.  Actually 10x might be less than needed to compensate.  A LOT LESS.

Is your "processing and confirming refund requests" similar to your processing of share trading?  What has it been, 4 months now that you have bullshitted your investors into thinking they will be able to trade again?

I doubt your customers are stupid enough to wait for the bankruptcy filing like MtGox's victims did.
Activity: 671
Merit: 500

OK guys, you got me Sad
I will now stop posting on this forum.

Before you go, how about deleting the hundreds of shit-for-brains feedback entries on this forum.

Well?  how about it?
Pages:
Jump to: