Pages:
Author

Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed - page 6. (Read 574133 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
October 09, 2017, 06:05:05 AM
less spam is good, but i think just setting some limits would be better idea. inform pool op if they overdo it
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 09, 2017, 12:54:49 AM
pool advertisement is really a good help for a bigginer like us but if pool spam can cause u badly i agree pool spam advertising can be cut. Embarrassed
Activity: 196
September 12, 2017, 06:23:47 AM
this topic aims to what?
I don't understand  Huh
Activity: 98
September 06, 2017, 02:47:46 PM
yeah we know that guys be correct and be legal here
Activity: 244
September 06, 2017, 09:18:38 AM
It's true that spam may be logged into a legal account for 2 weeks in order not to join the signature campain and can not do anything.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2017, 08:50:23 AM
No, we don't moderate that stuff. Don't spread misinformation.

Oi sorry about that  Undecided
global moderator
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
August 24, 2017, 10:09:01 PM
Why is cryptodao adverising here then? They transfered money from my wallet to other one and not replying since 2 weeks. This is SCAM. @cryptodev2014
From https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-list-of-official-bitcointalkorg-rules-guidelines-faq-703657:

Q: Why haven't you banned who is an obvious scammer?
A: Possible (or real, not for me to decide) scams are not moderated to prevent moderator abuse. If we start picking out which ones we call "scammers" and ban, we would make a lot of decisions based on biased opinions.

yes I have had people come into my thread and blatantly post about their product.

Is there a place I can report this? it's quite off-putting, thank you
"Report to moderator" link, bottom right side of the post.

Is this officially implemented? , so it means that .. threads will be more focusing on signature campaigns advertising. In my opinion it was really nice to share knowledge on how your going to earn alot btc through different types of transactions and strategies.
Yes, it's implemented. Stop sig spamming.

And Do you investigate on who is advertising scam ?
No. See reason above.

People will be banned if reported for scam enough.
Things are watched pretty tightly here from my experience !
No, we don't moderate that stuff. Don't spread misinformation.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2017, 05:30:22 PM

People will be banned if reported for scam enough.
Things are watched pretty tightly here from my experience !
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
August 22, 2017, 02:48:10 AM
Activity: 448
Lets Go Adab
July 26, 2017, 03:50:39 AM
Is this officially implemented? , so it means that .. threads will be more focusing on signature campaigns advertising. In my opinion it was really nice to share knowledge on how your going to earn alot btc through different types of transactions and strategies.
Activity: 70
Gamerbits -- Limited $900k ICO -- gbits.io
July 24, 2017, 01:05:59 PM
yes I have had people come into my thread and blatantly post about their product.

Is there a place I can report this? it's quite off-putting, thank you
Activity: 294
July 20, 2017, 08:55:30 PM
Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

Edit by mprep:

You know what, time for a slight policy change:

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

As per this shift, the following type of posts are now allowed in coin threads:

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "We're up" messages for pools (if it's only once per thread)
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.
Just add about Advertising spam is not allowed:
Some of the principles of swakramawi absorbed by most advertising code of ethics in
The various countries in the advertising rules are called general principles of advertising is:
1. Honest, responsible, and not contrary to state law.
2. In line with socio-cultural values of society.
3. Encouraging competition, but in fair and healthy ways (imbued
Healthy competition).
Activity: 476
Merit: 121
July 20, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
After the Second World War, there were huge reserves of these canned food, made to supply during the war not only the American soldiers, but also the Allied soldiers under the Lend-Lease program. In order to sell their products not the first freshness, the company Hormel Foods held the first of its kind advertising campaign. The word "SPAM" was evident on every corner, from the windows of all cheap shops, it was written on the sides of buses and trams. This word could be read on the facades of houses and in newspapers. Advertising of canned food "SPAM" was continuously broadcast by radio.
Activity: 13
July 18, 2017, 08:12:45 AM
Thank you for the newbie guides. It is hard to know - everything new.

I'm planning a project in 3-6 months, I have to know more what are the rules and what to prepapre to e everything ok :/
Activity: 21
June 19, 2017, 11:35:47 AM
Oh! Finally we can play games without spammers Cheesy

Much better to play games without scammers than spammers.

Yes I agree with that, players should not do this because it can make other players disturbed, but instead spammers is our way to get more bitcoin !!! Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 241
May 28, 2017, 03:00:09 AM
Oh! Finally we can play games without spammers Cheesy

Much better to play games without scammers than spammers.
Yes certainly more exciting game makes me forget time
Rather than making spammers.
😀😀😀
Activity: 252
March 26, 2017, 10:50:47 PM
 I want to know the reason why is not allowed
whether there were about Spam.
Activity: 124
February 19, 2017, 10:22:33 PM
So and for the FUD spam ? Seems to be allowed. Since 10 days so many FUD spam message on the iconomi thread but no reaction of bitcointalk team.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
January 27, 2017, 06:18:21 PM
Could you please look into those senseless translation bounty posts? In the meanwhile every third or fourth post is folks asking for any kind of bounty... Translation bounty, logo bounty, or simply `bounty? `

Those people should also msg the topic starter himself and post several times in the thread...  IMHO

Echo! Or, as they say in Hawaiian - Küpinaʻi!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
October 01, 2016, 01:22:38 PM
Could you please look into those senseless translation bounty posts? In the meanwhile every third or fourth post is folks asking for any kind of bounty... Translation bounty, logo bounty, or simply `bounty? `

Those people should also msg the topic starter himself and post several times in the thread...  IMHO
Pages:
Jump to: