Pages:
Author

Topic: Again Ban, but now from Twitter - page 13. (Read 1784 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 107
March 19, 2018, 01:30:07 PM
As I wrote in other threads, I think that ban of crypto-related advertisments is definitely a good thing. I have noticed a lot of scams being advertised on ads provided by Google. Now it's time for Twitter where there's tons of scams in comments. Scammers are creating fake accounts with names similar to famous people who have relations with cryptocurrencies. It takes a few days for Twitter to take down fake accounts even though a lot of people are reporting them. They are using bots which like and comment their tweets to make them more realistic.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
March 19, 2018, 01:23:03 PM
If that's true then I think maybe this is the beginning of the destruction of ICOs, the biggest social media has banned the advertising of ICOs and crypto, of course it will have a very negative impact on crypto and honestly I'm very worried about this kind of situation. Cry
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 01:07:39 PM
This could be really a nightmare for every crypto user and people who are bringing new and better ICO's for people. Previously Facebook imposed a ban and Google thinking to do the same and if Twitter follows the same track, then where will people get aware of the new opportunities. I think this is the violation of rights of people as companies are denying their basic rights, if they really want to ban then just ban the bad ones why imposing ban on whole market.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
March 19, 2018, 01:03:06 PM
Does it mean that retweeting post will be ban in twitter?  If retwitting will also be banned then twitter campaign from services and ICO will be over now. I guess those who rely on twitter bounty that has about more than 50 accounts in all are going to be short by then.

If advertising will only be limited to some sites for only crypto enthusiast then ads are going to be more targetted. Sites like alt forums and bitcointalk and btc blogs will rise.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
March 19, 2018, 12:49:20 PM
There is reason for everything, so there is reason for this. If you read article you will find this part:

Both Facebook and Google also banned ads for binary options trading following the release of figures from Action Fraud that showed victims' losses in Britain have risen by 400,000% in six years.

They will all ban ads because of large number of scams and because people are giving money to scammers without doing any research.
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
March 19, 2018, 12:41:41 PM
Sorry to interrupt but I think it is unjust to determine that posts in these social media coming from all scams. Aren't all bounties for example do not require bitcointalk ranks? It is not fair to say that most of the campaigners are scammers. The best thing to do is listen to them and pick the best to spread in the world. Just my point of view.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 11:53:48 AM
Twitter May Ban Advertising of Cryptocurrencies and ICO?

Hi guys it`s me again, and again I saw this information about the ban, but now for twitter.

BTCTwitter plans to prohibit advertising of cryptocurrencies and ICO, according to Sky News citing sources.BTC

First Facebook then Google, now Twitter is joining, what do you think about the market currency after these news? Is it real or only a big fake news blow before buying a lot of crypto?

Source:http://icowatchers.co/twitter-may-ban-advertising-of-cryptocurrencies-and-ico/
If twitter bans the advertising of ico and encryption, it will have a worse impact. Now that facebook and Google are banned, if the news is true, it will affect the price of bitcoin. It is believed that the ico is risky, and these social media have chosen to prohibit the occurrence of some frauds.
Activity: 210
Merit: 128
March 19, 2018, 11:45:37 AM

Hi guys it`s me again, and again I saw this information about the ban, but now for twitter.

BTCTwitter plans to prohibit advertising of cryptocurrencies and ICO, according to Sky News citing sources.BTC

First Facebook then Google, now Twitter is joining, what do you think about the market currency after these news? Is it real or only a big fake news blow before buying a lot of crypto?

Source:http://icowatchers.co/twitter-may-ban-advertising-of-cryptocurrencies-and-ico/
I think the ban is just a matter of choice. Perhaps they just choose the ICOs that can not really pass on their information. It is also for us that we will not victimize the ICO scams again and we will not be able to recover our investments because we do not have to chase or blame people involved in ICO because they have not provided us with information.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
March 19, 2018, 11:44:44 AM
Twitter may ban cryptocurrency advertisement on their system but thus this mean that you cannot make a post about cryptocurrency. Also did twitter really made a statement about this or this could be another FUD. Many are making a move to topple down bitcoin and also many are making false news. Thus we must be careful and do some research before believing this kind of stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
March 19, 2018, 11:40:07 AM
all out ban on crypto is a money move to protect traditional banking while if they were actually employing all of that AI to ban only the deceitful and sketchy stuff, this would actually be doing the ad viewers and ad buyers a service.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 19, 2018, 11:25:26 AM
Don't panic. There are a lot of solutions in the web. New systems and advertisement methods will help us. 😊
Everything have demand will very fast have solution and new things come to support that
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
March 19, 2018, 11:23:31 AM
As per usual, twitter follows.lol their main reason would be to keep away from scams. This is actually good for everyone. Having this ban would strenghten trust in the sites that promotes ico or crypto. In a way, it helps make us sure that everything is legit. People should not look at it negatively.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
March 19, 2018, 11:22:36 AM
All mainstream social media platforms will follow that path, which makes sense. In most cases large multinationals don't only purchase ad space on one single platform, but at several platforms at once to have their products or whatever it may be they advertise enjoy a wider field of exposure. It's a domino effect, and one that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Twitter, Facebook, Google, they all have been displaying shit-scam-scum-nonsense ads for a very long time, and that in such a way, that it almost seemed like they were representing the entire crypto market. I am actually happy that these shitty ICO's and whatnot will no longer get the exposure they had previously. Money should be flowing into Bitcoin, and not in shitty altcoins projects, schemes, ICO's, etc. Shitcoins and projects need to advertise themselves to gain popularity. Forks need to have Bitcoin in their name to gain attention. Bitcoin doesn't need that. Bitcoin speaks for itself, and it has always been like that.
Activity: 266
Merit: 15
March 19, 2018, 11:05:38 AM

Maybe Twitter will ban Crypto and ICOs, but this may not be because ads from crypto and ICOs are the main source of Twitter. If the ban it would cause Twitter to face the big risk of losing a huge sum of money.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
March 19, 2018, 10:59:07 AM
Again with these bans. Now what? Panic sell? Bull exhaustion again soon? Is everybody worried about it? Does it impact the market that much? Bitcoin survived without any major association with major social media platforms, it just kept realizing its value over and over with little to no contribution from these social media sites. We can say that it closes the door for more ICOs in the market, but is that the only way to market your coins? On the other side, these panickers, like they will never ever stop being unwise in their decisions once these bans get implemented or get real. What is there to do anyway?

A fool will only follow another fool and get upset by the outcome, I have never brought any crypto based on social media sites, the ads are important here at this forum, telegram. It's not difficult to understand but facebook, google and twitter are dying people are losing interest in them, though google may survive but others won't so I feel this is just another ploy from them to garner attention, this does not effect cryptos in any way.

Bolded for emphasis. You got the point, pal. I didn't even learn, know or got aware of Bitcoin or any digital currency from these social media site and I know people won't really trust that much on these advertisements especially in Facebook regarding any coins in the market as they either think it is just a scam or they don't have time for it because we all know, especially for the millenials, that these social media sites were primarily in the purpose of socializing people, not primarily for marketing strategies although it could be in some portion due to its massive structure as a social site. Only noobs, unwise or even the stupidest investor would panic in these bans in social site. Bans of crypto in countries could normally trigger panic and it is quite normal but for such a single site, regardless of its majority, doesn't put much of a applicable reason to.
Activity: 112
March 19, 2018, 11:02:22 AM
I think they did it not without reason. maybe they just want their users safe from scammer on behalf of crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
March 19, 2018, 10:31:22 AM
Indirectly when the major big advertisement place starting to ban any cryptocurrencies ads related, it would be good for Bitcointalk, since it will keep the site be the biggest cryptocurrencies forum that exists on the internet. So, its essential for a project to make their marketing and branding focused on BItcointalk.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
March 19, 2018, 09:10:08 AM

A fool will only follow another fool and get upset by the outcome, I have never brought any crypto based on social media sites, the ads are important here at this forum, telegram. It's not difficult to understand but facebook, google and twitter are dying people are losing interest in them, though google may survive but others won't so I feel this is just another ploy from them to garner attention, this does not effect cryptos in any way.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
March 19, 2018, 09:06:12 AM
another social media banning crypto hope this news cannot affect the cryptocurrencies. I think it's good to ban crypto advertisements from twitter so that less scam ICO's. 
Activity: 140
March 19, 2018, 08:44:09 AM
I do not know this news yet so I still do not believe it it could be FUD, if that's true probably because too much ico scam and reasonable if a company like facebook and twitter do not want to get involved by ico scams, but to this day there are still many ICO ads on my FB so I am still unsure of this news.
Pages:
Jump to: