Pages:
Author

Topic: Agilmine - Your REAL Altcoin FPGA miner [Updated! 8/16] - page 4. (Read 5209 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 9
Contact [email protected] for our FPGA miner info!
driver problem solved? awesome! sorry for the troubleshooting, i typically tested it on a linux machine, which naturally supports this device.. so i thought it would be easier to go with a win10.
that brick adapter i sent you definitely is not the power efficient one. i measured the power using a lab DC power supply , which should be fairly accurate, so you may see 28-30W there with that adapter. btw, the cheap fan i glued on the fpga would also draw 1W...

for sure you can use PC power supply for better efficiency. fyi, there are molex adapters like in the pic below. one can drive 2 miners no problme.

Thanks for the effort!

I will be busy  for the next 8-9 hours.

Op and I have exchange emails and we think we found the missing driver.

If you look at my screenshot above there isn't any port section in the device manager. I hope to square this away by 10 pm east coast time.

Sorry for delay, but I have to do some real world business.

Oh a 12 volt brick  was provided and on idle  the unit uses 3-4 watts on a kwatt meter.

I have the ability to feed  the unit from a modded atx  my guess is that will drop power use a lot as bricks suck for efficiency.

So if op is accurate about 25 watts  with a brick I should drop that to 21 watts with an atx plat.

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I will be busy  for the next 8-9 hours.

Op and I have exchange emails and we think we found the missing driver.

If you look at my screenshot above there isn't any port section in the device manager. I hope to square this away by 10 pm east coast time.

Sorry for delay, but I have to do some real world business.

Oh a 12 volt brick  was provided and on idle  the unit uses 3-4 watts on a kwatt meter.

I have the ability to feed  the unit from a modded atx  my guess is that will drop power use a lot as bricks suck for efficiency.

So if op is accurate about 25 watts  with a brick I should drop that to 21 watts with an atx plat.

ok, let me try something tomorrow. it really shouldn't be that hard.. must be something simple missing.

yes will try to replicate the issue on a "clean" PC tomorrow.  Wink

hold on , i suspect some other driver files are missing for the fpga chip. since i always test it on PC with fpga development kit installed.
I will upload the file to share drive and share a link with you. sorry for trouble setting it up! i didn't realize would be that hard, will figure out a way to straight out the process

Tip: You should install a fresh copy of windows and start a setup guide from there, noting every thing you install/did to get your board running. It will help a lot of others once they purchase your board. Or else, you will have tons of questions from people.

I was going to tell him send me a working clone of win 10.

I have more then a dozen mobos I can use a working clone of win on.

Does not need to be activated win 10.

It also will let me break down. What the exact files to load are.  I could build a usb stick. Maybe 8 gb is all that is needed .  And load all software to it as a setup package.

legendary
yes will try to replicate the issue on a "clean" PC tomorrow.  Wink

hold on , i suspect some other driver files are missing for the fpga chip. since i always test it on PC with fpga development kit installed.
I will upload the file to share drive and share a link with you. sorry for trouble setting it up! i didn't realize would be that hard, will figure out a way to straight out the process

Tip: You should install a fresh copy of windows and start a setup guide from there, noting every thing you install/did to get your board running. It will help a lot of others once they purchase your board. Or else, you will have tons of questions from people.

I was going to tell him send me a working clone of win 10.

I have more then a dozen mobos I can use a working clone of win on.

Does not need to be activated win 10.

It also will let me break down. What the exact files to load are.  I could build a usb stick. Maybe 8 gb is all that is needed .  And load all software to it as a setup package.

yes will try to replicate the issue on a "clean" PC tomorrow.  Wink

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

Something is wrong

I see  the device and it shows as this

It shows 4 of them not one of them

other device

embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5

it says  there is no driver and it does it on 2 different win 10 units/pc's  one is intel one is amd

I am baffled.. so you have only one USB connected right? either the big USB or the micro one, and two green LEDs are on, one front one back?
have you tried installing the driver setup file?

Something is wrong

other device

embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5

it says  there is no driver and it does it on 2 different win 10 units/pc's  one is intel one is amd

legendary

Something is wrong

other device

embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5
embedded flashpro5

so i just plugged in the miner to a PC which I had never tried it on, the device is recognized in seconds by windows automatically.. without manual installation of driver..
do you have the 12V power supply plugged in when testing?
do you see the two green LEDs, one front, one back, both ON when 12V and USB connected?
otherwise, would you mind trying it on another windows computer? it should work on any...

also, i tried uninstalling the device driver from device manager, and after power cycle the device came back on automatically.
my guess is maybe you didn't plug in the 12v power?

Thanks

got home fired it up and I have a driver issue.  my win 10 build says it can not find a driver.

It is the size of a pack of cigarettes.

I need to step out for about 1 hour.

at op how do I load the driver?

keep us updated bro!!

drivers won't load I am getting really frustrated.

tired maybe vosk can figure his out.

maybe it is a ryzen issue I will try it on an intel tomorrow.
sorry for the trouble I will uninstall driver on my PC and try reinstalling it, will get back to you later tonight

got home fired it up and I have a driver issue.  my win 10 build says it can not find a driver.

keep us updated bro!!

legendary
got home fired it up and I have a driver issue.  my win 10 build says it can not find a driver.

keep us updated bro!!

Activity: 756

keep us updated bro!!
got home fired it up and I have a driver issue.  my win 10 build says it can not find a driver.

they have a setup exe for driver installation, this is probably easy to use
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip

if you want bare driver, here is all you need for x64 win10
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%20v2.12.28%20WHQL%20Certified.zip

otherwise, on the webpage, they have drivers for bunch of other OS
page:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
legendary

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
It arrived about 2 minutes ago.

I am not home wife grabbed off porch.

I will get back with info in 2 or 3 hours.

ok cool let me know if any questions. i will be on email and discord (rapidminer my id there)
be gentle with the fan i glued to the fpga chip pls. Grin Grin

Gooooooooo
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

Arbeit Philip, Arbeit !! Grin
Activity: 756

we are all here waiting your review my friend!!! gooo pheegaa  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

ok cool let me know if any questions. i will be on email and discord (rapidminer my id there)
be gentle with the fan i glued to the fpga chip pls. Grin Grin
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: