Pages:
Author

Topic: Agilmine - Your REAL Altcoin FPGA miner [Updated! 8/16] - page 5. (Read 5207 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
looks interesting for sure. USB and extra power supply.
Activity: 148
Merit: 9
Contact [email protected] for our FPGA miner info!
I am excited about this

Grin if you haven't already, please take a little survey, it is our top priority to understand what the community wants.

We have been discussing about reducing the price drastically, perhaps down to $2xx price range. but in order to do so, i need a big volume of about 5000 orders, so i can negotiate a better deal with fpga chip supplier. initially i tried not be ambitious and just happy to make a small batch of 500 for the community members who appreciate it. but if there is high demand for this product, and want it be cheaper, we can work on that as well...
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
I am excited about this
Thanks! we were doing some minor hw rework on the board, will send you tomorrow!

sorry I should have spent more time on this forum.. but would you mind sending me links to these guys' profile pages? i have only 6 of those test boards, don't want to send to wrong people .. Thanks! Grin

for those who think this is a scam. we are ready to send demo boards to reputable forum member for verification and review soon.  Wink

vosk or phillipma are my suggestions from this end =)

Phil - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philipma1957-64507

vosk - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/voskcoin-987465

Thanks so much for the recommendation / support guys - they arm_race sent me an email and stated he will be sending me a unit to review shortly, I'll deliver it as promptly as possible
Good job guys, adding more algos in the future definitely will attract more attention to the project as alternative to the more expensive solutions for mining. Yeah bringing cheap FPGA solution to the community is not an easy task.

Also have you researched the possibility for example of interlinking two of these chips for mining more demanding algos

Thanks good point, actually you made me think, but in order to do that efficiently i need a lot of io pins in parallel, i am not sure if this fpga chip
 has sufficient number of high speed IOs to support that.
i need to look into that.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
sorry I should have spent more time on this forum.. but would you mind sending me links to these guys' profile pages? i have only 6 of those test boards, don't want to send to wrong people .. Thanks! Grin

for those who think this is a scam. we are ready to send demo boards to reputable forum member for verification and review soon.  Wink

Definitely both Vosk and Phil as they are as trusted as it gets.

thanks for the support my friend Cheesy I'll get the review up within a couple days of receiving
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Phil - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philipma1957-64507

vosk - https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/voskcoin-987465

Thanks so much for the recommendation / support guys - they arm_race sent me an email and stated he will be sending me a unit to review shortly, I'll deliver it as promptly as possible
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
Good job guys, adding more algos in the future definitely will attract more attention to the project as alternative to the more expensive solutions for mining. Yeah bringing cheap FPGA solution to the community is not an easy task.

Also have you researched the possibility for example of interlinking two of these chips for mining more demanding algos
Thank you for offering help! yes i still own you some instructions i will do that right now.
do you intend to test our miner against nicehash? if so we need to change on the host software. the one i sent you had programmed with KeccakC algo for CREA coin. it is essentially the same but the host side software requires a little change.

ups says it comes on the 23rd.  if it does use 25 watts that is only 600 a day. which is only 18 kwatts a month at 10 cents that is 1.80 a month for power

the 1070ti is 150 watts or 21.60 a month for power. at 20 cents.

I pointed 2 1050ti's at nicehash to mine keccak  they do 600 mh  my rig pulls 188 watts  that means about 5 kwatts 

at 10 cents  = 50 cents on power   I earn 15 cents =  35 cents in the hole.

add  this 2 fpga  watts go to   238 = 6 kwatts maybe 7  hash is 2600  I earn 65 cents  with the two gpus and 2 fpgas

I spend about 60 cents  so I make a 5 cent profit.

or better yet point them to cn7

the gpus alone use 50 cents power  and earn 34 cents mining loss of 16 cents

the 2 fpgas earn  50 cents
the 2 gpus earn    34 cents

you spend 60 cents at 10 cent power

you make 24 cents a day.

point the 2 1050tis at eth

the gpus alone use 50 cents  earn 49 cents  loss of 1 cent

2 fpgas earn  50 cents cost about 10 cents
2 gpus earn   49 cents cost about  50 cents

rig  makes 39 cents a day.  is it a lot no but a dead rig at 10 cent power becomes an earner.

do I think I want 100 fpgas no but a few yes  I do.

So I am will to help out.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
ups says it comes on the 23rd.  if it does use 25 watts that is only 600 a day. which is only 18 kwatts a month at 10 cents that is 1.80 a month for power

the 1070ti is 150 watts or 21.60 a month for power. at 20 cents.

I pointed 2 1050ti's at nicehash to mine keccak  they do 600 mh  my rig pulls 188 watts  that means about 5 kwatts 

at 10 cents  = 50 cents on power   I earn 15 cents =  35 cents in the hole.

add  this 2 fpga  watts go to   238 = 6 kwatts maybe 7  hash is 2600  I earn 65 cents  with the two gpus and 2 fpgas

I spend about 60 cents  so I make a 5 cent profit.

or better yet point them to cn7

the gpus alone use 50 cents power  and earn 34 cents mining loss of 16 cents

the 2 fpgas earn  50 cents
the 2 gpus earn    34 cents

you spend 60 cents at 10 cent power

you make 24 cents a day.

point the 2 1050tis at eth

the gpus alone use 50 cents  earn 49 cents  loss of 1 cent

2 fpgas earn  50 cents cost about 10 cents
2 gpus earn   49 cents cost about  50 cents

rig  makes 39 cents a day.  is it a lot no but a dead rig at 10 cent power becomes an earner.

do I think I want 100 fpgas no but a few yes  I do.

So I am will to help out.
But on Keccak algo this FPGA would yield higher hashing performance than 1070ti, at only 1/10 of its power consumption, according to the thread below. we haven't even tried overclocking or increase the voltage to the core. look, every algorithm is inherently different, some may do better on gpu, and some may fit better on fpga. with a bigger programmer community we can build more efficient mining algorithms to serve the miners.
don't forget building a gpu rig also requires investment in mobo, ssd, expensive power supplier, and cooling method as well, and you are limited to the number of PCIe ports on the board, while FPGA needs none of that, you can plug in as many as you want as long as there are enough usb ports. and it takes little space on your table Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2324651.20
1070TI founders
80% power
200+ core
600+ mem
Keccak .871GH/s

as to price, those mid-sized fpga are expensive, just do a search on digikey, the typical price for a fpga chip with 200+K logic cells cost at least $300 itself. besides we have a solid design in power supply circuit and a easy to use IO subsystem. believe me, our margin is extremely low, and taking risk of losing money. we are more interested in gaining experience, promoting crypto community, building a brand than making any profit.

Thank you for good comment.

From my point of view this device is way too expsnive.

For example: 500Mh/s on XDAG. With my 1070ti I can do exactly the double. 1000Mh/s.

I can buy an used 1070ti for 340usd and price is dropping.

The 1070ti uses more energy. But the 1070ti can do the DOUBLE of the hashrate and can mine ANY algo and costs a bit less (soon it will cost much less).

Sorry but this fpga is way overpriced. WAY overpriced. A more fair price would be around 160/180usd MAX. not more.
Activity: 504
From my point of view this device is way too expsnive.

For example: 500Mh/s on XDAG. With my 1070ti I can do exactly the double. 1000Mh/s.

I can buy an used 1070ti for 340usd and price is dropping.

The 1070ti uses more energy. But the 1070ti can do the DOUBLE of the hashrate and can mine ANY algo and costs a bit less (soon it will cost much less).

Sorry but this fpga is way overpriced. WAY overpriced. A more fair price would be around 160/180usd MAX. not more.
okok guy, the domain is whois protected because it is offered for free for 1 year when i purchased it! and i intend to keep it on Grin
we are a legally registered US based company, i will update with more info on our page. sorry i was busy with other issues.

OP, do you have any tech spec from your hardware design?
At least also provide us your spec, so we can really judge the performance of your fpga miner. Is it really worth to invest or not.
I myself play around already with legit and top of the line fpga development board, therefore able to give you hints at least on the performance wise based on your fpga chips and algorithm.
No answer is an answer.
I think this FPGA miner is like SoftRAM / ACORN ... probably SCAM .

Would you care to elaborate on why you are lumping Acorn in with “scams?”

Acorn is a very real product with a massive amount of work behind it...
Sorry, my native language is not english.

I don´t want to say Acorn is Scam, but it´s like SoftRam. Acorn also don´t publish the specs. In my view the small FPGA with little blockram can only accelerate core intense algo´s(not ethash or cryptonight), whitch asic´s can do better.  Wink

This agilmine fpga is like the Acorn, maybe. Maybe it´s scam (this agilmier fpga, not the Acorn), because the agilmine´s website is whois protected, has no imprint and no link to the real world(adress, llc number,...). In my opinion agilmine looks like scam. I hope it´s not scam. We will see ...  Smiley

They don't look powerful enough at the moment for me to make any investment sense I fear... Unless my math is off, you'd need to stack up a few of those to come close to a GPU's current profitability, effectively negating the power and price advantage.

Let me revise this. The hash per $ is not good enough. You do indeed gain in efficiency (so good if your power costs are high), but they are too weak for the money at current profitability levels, put it that way...

i am not going to argue that based on current overall altcoin price the profitability of investing into this fpga miner is not strong.
this project is trying to solve only 1 problem, which is

"there is lack of a decent & affordable fpga device that is good for altcoin mining"

early on, it probably took us only 2 weeks to develop the xdag algorithm bitstream on fpga, but we simply can't find a HW device to run it on, because crypto algo design requires too much power consumption than a typical fpga dev board can provide.
the fpga devices you can find in the market for mining purpose are 1. too expensive/low availability 2. too big (hence much longer development cycle). that's the reason why we started this project to design our own fpga board for mining algorithm implementation only.

Imagine at the early development stage if you can use this fpga device to mine coins, we would own ALL of them.

Activity: 208
At least also provide us your spec, so we can really judge the performance of your fpga miner. Is it really worth to invest or not.
I myself play around already with legit and top of the line fpga development board, therefore able to give you hints at least on the performance wise based on your fpga chips and algorithm.
No answer is an answer.

Sorry, my native language is not english.

I don´t want to say Acorn is Scam, but it´s like SoftRam. Acorn also don´t publish the specs. In my view the small FPGA with little blockram can only accelerate core intense algo´s(not ethash or cryptonight), whitch asic´s can do better.  Wink

This agilmine fpga is like the Acorn, maybe. Maybe it´s scam (this agilmier fpga, not the Acorn), because the agilmine´s website is whois protected, has no imprint and no link to the real world(adress, llc number,...). In my opinion agilmine looks like scam. I hope it´s not scam. We will see ...  Smiley
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
They don't look powerful enough at the moment for me to make any investment sense I fear... Unless my math is off, you'd need to stack up a few of those to come close to a GPU's current profitability, effectively negating the power and price advantage.

Let me revise this. The hash per $ is not good enough. You do indeed gain in efficiency (so good if your power costs are high), but they are too weak for the money at current profitability levels, put it that way...
Hi guys, we plan to launch pre-order soon, for those of you interested will you please do a quick survey? your input is very important! thanks.
https://s.surveyplanet.com/qgKGVspdD
Hi, win 10 is better supported at the time, linux should work as well, but you probably won't run fpga programming tool on it.
we have no specific hw requirement on mobo or RAM, as long as you can run win 10, and plug in one usb port, wait for the windows update finished, you should be able to use the host sw i am going to send you to start mining.
I will send you specific instructions. thanks.

I have a tracking number will post when I get it.

@ gpuhoarder looking forward to your acorn 215+ and nest2g adapter.

I built a thread ripper 1920x build to test it.

at op  what mobo  do I need
and what os do I need win 10 or linux or does your software have an os and needs its own mobo?
and what ram do i need. 4gb 8gb 16gb 32 gb

I just preordered a rtx 2080 from amazon due sept 20th

I have interest in mixing gear.

would be nice to get acorns
 new gpus
this fpga all on the threadripper board.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I have a tracking number will post when I get it.

@ gpuhoarder looking forward to your acorn 215+ and nest2g adapter.

I built a thread ripper 1920x build to test it.

at op  what mobo  do I need
and what os do I need win 10 or linux or does your software have an os and needs its own mobo?
and what ram do i need. 4gb 8gb 16gb 32 gb

I just preordered a rtx 2080 from amazon due sept 20th

I have interest in mixing gear.

would be nice to get acorns
 new gpus
this fpga all on the threadripper board.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
No answer is an answer.

Even though his comment was idiotic, props to that poster for giving everyone a good dose of nostalgia when referencing SoftRAM   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages:
Jump to: