Pages:
Author

Topic: Agilmine - Your REAL Altcoin FPGA miner [Updated! 8/16] - page 8. (Read 5209 times)

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Why is Your name of the thread so similar to other one running FPGA sales? Do You REALLY need to emphasize that it is REAL product? I mean, every buyer expects real product.
Activity: 148
Merit: 9
Contact [email protected] for our FPGA miner info!
hi, please have in mind people that not live in USA or europa ($ 400 is like a little more of the half of the monthly salary for example). i really love try this in argentina but normally no shippings or they are expensive ones, bad politics (50% tax in anything that cost more than 25usd) and really bad currency exchange rate haha.

i dont know why im very curious on the way that FPGA works and what can do.

please keep us updated with this.
Great work.

true. we will have to look into how to best serve you guys internationally.
for the price, unofficially, I have confidence to bring it down below $400 if we receive enough order, which i can use to negotiate better deal with the suppliers/manufacturers, but i don't want it to sound like some scam to some people so i will keep quite for now, and share more info later when we have a viable product for sale.  Wink Smiley
it is still not cheap, but you are looking at a mining device that is equivalent to gpu miner performance (on some algo) at 20w power consumption. setting up a gpu rig requires motherboard, cpu, ssd, etc, the overall expense would be much higher than our fpga solution.

the fpga board is expensive to make, i feel like i would be lucky if i don't lose too much money working on this project  Sad
but it is fun Grin
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
hi, please have in mind people that not live in USA or europa ($ 400 is like a little more of the half of the monthly salary for example). i really love try this in argentina but normally no shippings or they are expensive ones, bad politics (50% tax in anything that cost more than 25usd) and really bad currency exchange rate haha.

i dont know why im very curious on the way that FPGA works and what can do.

please keep us updated with this.
Great work.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Nice introduction.

I await your further elaboration on specs and other use details.

I always knew FPGA devices would be prominent at some point;  but most people don't understand the linearity of a FPGA vs. a common CPU/GPU.

Will the bitstreams be open-source as to allow community additions and enhancements?

Trust me;  if you manufacture and sell the hardware;  people would rather buy it than remanufacture the hardware themselves.  It's a no-brainer.

Encrypting and locking down bitstreams with hard coded fees are a HUGE turn off in my eyes.  Mining was never intended to be that way.

at this point, we are more pro open than close, i would just feel so wrong by forcing a dev fee on the miners, which i really hate personally being a miner myself. but we also need to figure out a way to protect the copy right, these bitfiles worth months of hardwork, it would also be wrong if someone just steal it and use on some cheaper clones..

I don't mind a devfee. I pay JCE CN miner 1,5% devfee and it's normal.
I pay SRB 0,85% devfee and it's normal.
I pay phoenix miner 0,65% devfee.
Up to 2% is reasonnable, especially with "exotic" algos, although I won't pay more than 2% for ETASH.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
at this point, we are more pro open than close, i would just feel so wrong by forcing a dev fee on the miners, which i really hate personally being a miner myself. but we also need to figure out a way to protect the copy right, these bitfiles worth months of hardwork, it would also be wrong if someone just steal it and use on some cheaper clones..

As long as hardware costs aren't unrealistic, I would be in to purchase one this being the case.

People on this site can be animals, on either side of the coin.  so as long as you approach the sales and claims in a realistic manner... things should go well for you in that regard.
Nice introduction.

I always knew FPGA devices would be prominent at some point;  but most people don't understand the linearity of a FPGA vs. a common CPU/GPU.

Will the bitstreams be open-source as to allow community additions and enhancements?

Trust me;  if you manufacture and sell the hardware;  people would rather buy it than remanufacture the hardware themselves.  It's a no-brainer.

Encrypting and locking down bitstreams with hard coded fees are a HUGE turn off in my eyes.  Mining was never intended to be that way.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Nice introduction.

I hope you will have an adequate solution for price and performance. The FPGA market is just beginning to develop while there are very few decent and competitive products. As soon as decent solutions appear, large producers of asics will quickly begin to lower prices for their products. I'm even very curious who will win this battle.

On what process technology(nm) do you plan to release your chips for boards?

This FPGA chip is 28nm process, which we think it is the most balanced solution for an affordable mining device. and it is large enough to hold a big RTL design which is required by most of algo implementation.
we should be able to sell this product at a very affordable price if there is enough order, which we can leverage to negotiate a better deal with suppliers and manufacturer..

So I guess this fpga mining is becoming a thing again huh? well... I guess nobody can really do anything about it, but I'll tell you all straight that this is no different then trying to acquire asics!

because of AVAILABILITY!!!!!!!!

cpu/gpu mining will always be the best and the only real decentralized mining option in the crypto world.
and the sooner you all realize that the better!

I mean I wouldn't have anything against asics nor fpgas if they were as available as any other cpus or gpus, but I'm afraid I can already tell that this guy arm_race(and of course the competition) will similarly follow in the footsteps of some of the today's biggest asic manufacturing companies, of course, if these fpgas prove to be successful and profitable products in the first place.

Think about what I just said before jumping on the fpga hypetrain...

P.S. no offense arm_race, just my honest opinion, I actually wish you and your team well in your developing endeavors...

hey, some organic discussion is always welcomed here. thanks for the input.
ironically, Availability is the issue we want to solve in the first place, as we see the GPU mining is not a preferred option to everyone, due to its size, heat, noise, high-price and not being available from time to time. we are trying to present a generic mining platform for developers and miners, being small & portable that everyone can set up a "rig" on his desk, and comfortably live with it.
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
I hope you will have an adequate solution for price and performance. The FPGA market is just beginning to develop while there are very few decent and competitive products. As soon as decent solutions appear, large producers of asics will quickly begin to lower prices for their products. I'm even very curious who will win this battle.

This FPGA chip is 28nm process, which we think it is the most balanced solution for an affordable mining device. and it is large enough to hold a big RTL design which is required by most of algo implementation.
we should be able to sell this product at a very affordable price if there is enough order, which we can leverage to negotiate a better deal with suppliers and manufacturer..

So I guess this fpga mining is becoming a thing again huh? well... I guess nobody can really do anything about it, but I'll tell you all straight that this is no different than trying to acquire asics!

because of AVAILABILITY!!!!!!!!

cpu/gpu mining will always be the best and the only real decentralized mining option in the crypto world.
and the sooner you all realize that the better!

I mean I wouldn't have anything against asics nor fpgas if they were as available as any other cpus or gpus, but I'm afraid I can already tell that this guy arm_race(and of course the competition) will similarly follow in the footsteps of some of the today's biggest asic manufacturing companies, of course, if these fpgas prove to be successful and profitable products in the first place.

Think about what I just said before jumping on the fpga hypetrain...

P.S. no offense arm_race, just my honest opinion, I actually wish you and your team well in your developing endeavors...

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

Activity: 616
Merit: 279
It's nice to see that this FPGA field has started to be competitive and a lot of people is starting to work on FPGA boards Smiley

Can you give us an update on predicted/tested hashing speeds, price & power consumption?

Any details on it would be greatly appreciated.
The last 3 years I have been engaged in mining. I will be glad to test your product.
When do you plan to release a ready-made solution to the market?

thank you, this batch is mainly for internal design validation. if no critical issues found we may assemble more for sampling.
we try to shoot for August for production, but we need to line up with all suppliers and manufacturers, a lot of work ahead. fun stuff.
SO, at the end have you decided to go with the cheaper option less powerful ?

I hope so.

Please remember that its a FPGA not an asic. So, please release it with at least a couple of bitstreams Smiley

yes my friend, cheaper and smaller is better, and cuter  Grin
it is a mighty little one, don't underestimate its power!
we will have at least 2 bitstreams ready to be launched along with the hw platform, more to be supported in future, and 3rd party developed bitstream shall be supported as well.
thanks for your continuous interest
Activity: 1190
Merit: 641
The last 3 years I have been engaged in mining. I will be glad to test your product.
When do you plan to release a ready-made solution to the market?
When you have a working, verifiable product, please contact one of the Hero or Senior members here and let them do a review of the product.  If they say it performs the way it’s advertised, you will be able to sell thousands of them.

Until that point, probably best if you refrain from posting any further.

valuable comment! thanks a lot. we will definitely send out samples for testing and review once available!
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
When you have a working, verifiable product, please contact one of the Hero or Senior members here and let them do a review of the product.  If they say it performs the way it’s advertised, you will be able to sell thousands of them.

Until that point, probably best if you refrain from posting any further.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Please a little more details about algos, devfees, power...
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
SO, at the end have you decided to go with the cheaper option less powerful ?

I hope so.

Please remember that its a FPGA not an asic. So, please release it with at least a couple of bitstreams Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: