Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 131. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Lots of scrambling and regrouping, but once the dust settles we know how the story ends.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
it seems alpha finally reach the point where they except the fact that the customer is the ultimate boss
i personally keep the shield up till they adjust to present market specs and deliver
regards
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
And the Alpha-T forum has been wiped clean …

except for this new topic: "A new direction for alpha-t"
(reproduced in part under the provisions of the Fair Use act in the public interest)

A New Direction For Alpha Technology

« on: Today at 02:03:11 PM »
Greetings Everyone,

I will try to keep this as short as possible as the full announcement is coming later on. Like you all we are not satisfied with the delay. In light of recent events there is a lot of hostility where we are wasting time defending ourselves and vice-versa for you. This is not helpful to anybody and will ultimately cost us all as such we have the perfect solution where everybody wins. This announcement will be unprecedented in the cryptocurrency industry and will be a game changer for our customers. We have 2 roads here as a company where we can leave things as they are with unhappy customers ensuring there is no future for us outside of batch 1 or we can fully commit to our original commitment of transparency and an ethical open approach. In light of this news we have decided to un-ban everybody who was ever banned and apologize if you felt it was unjust, we can now put all of this negativity behind us and move forward together as it should be. Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense at the moment but it will do soon, I will also edit it and add more later today I just wanted to say something asap. The announcement should be today, if it isn't please don't freak out it will be soon, it will also be announce in news articles and it will be great news for you guys that everyone, alpha-t customer or not, will want to be a part of.

edit: Anyone who has been previously banned from this forum is now un banned. Can I also kindly ask everybody post here for the moment regarding this so we can discuss this together. Also just a reminder, this forum is not for payments questions, orders, refunds etc. such questions will be of course be deleted.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:00:56 PM by Fiaz Malik »

Later on in the thread Fiaz says he's asked the 'Doctor' to move all the old posts to new section called 'Old'
However, at the moment they're nowhere to be found. [ edit: Fiat says they have been moved to the archive. https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?board=40.0 Login required.

So … here one day … gone the next. Is that the plan for Alpha-T too ? Tune in again (soon) to the Alpha-T channel for more (not never) news.

Speculation …

a) winding down the company, starting a new one … giving customers shares in a new company and soliciting new funds ?

b) announcing new shareholder, new capital injection, increase the Viper to 500 mhs ?

Only time (soon) will tell.

Our forum is not for order, payment, refund inquires, as such they are deleted and the OP directed to the appropriate place of [email protected]

Customer Support Forums usually provide Customer Support.

Good luck with your legal, and "other" issues, you will be facing shortly.

Honestly, as long as you showed a detailed business plan ..

They showed one once many moons ago, it was that awesome hand-drawn graphic detailing from start to finish what they would do. And they never updated it, isn't that awesome?
Activity: 32
x1shaun22
Customer
Refund penalty

« on: Today at 02:41:51 PM »

Before I made my final payment, I asked about the refund policy penalty as it pertains to my deposit. I asked if I would be penalized on just the deposit portion or on my final payment as well. Payments told me it only applied to the deposit portion but now that I made my final payment, I am being told it applies to the total amount and I would receive a penalty on the entire cost. Can I get clarification on the cancellation/refund policy? It does not mention final payment in the terms of order. I have emailed payments 5 times for clarification but no response.

And now it has been deleted. Their new era of transparency lasted long. Wow!....Just wow!

Our forum is not for order, payment, refund inquires, as such they are deleted and the OP directed to the appropriate place of [email protected]

Refund policy SHOULD BE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE.  He had a valid question that should be addressed publicly. 
Activity: 819
I'll post my suggestion to alpha tech here as their forum is down for maintenance right now:

I have a suggestion, and I really think it is a workable solution... In fact in may be the only way you will keep customers around long enough to pay the final deposit...

With all of the scrypt asics that have already made it to market.... why not use any remaining deposit money plus some of your financing to buy some of the 28nm innosilicon miners. With enough buying power you could probably get a good price on them. Host them and give us the hash rate until you are able to ship the vipers. I'd pay my full order price (2x 250mh/s and 2x 50mh/s) if you could get me half that hash rate as I wait for my vipers and after you ship... you have a large farm of hardware to mine with, sell, or sell the hash rate.

Honestly, as long as you showed a detailed business plan with total funds, the bulk pricing you can get on miners, and solid dates on when it will be up and running you could probably get a majority of the people still holding out on the 70% to pay but you have to give us more detailed updates than the last couple. As for the business plan for cloud hashing it better be something (quality wise) you'd take to your bank and expect a loan from.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed for you guys.
Andrew
With legal inquiries being made, they needed to act fast to not look like the gestapo. I wouldn't trust this carrot just because it's being dangled on a new stick, but that's just me. They'll work to make their side of the story look great.

Suggestion for someone with access: wget the entire forum right now, and start taking screenshots of everything.
Activity: 3
Alpha Tech just posted a new announcement and have unbanned everyone that was banned.

This happened less than 24 hours after I pointed out to them that they were breaching a contract. Here was my email:

Dear Alpha Technology,

I notice that I have been banned from your forums (DRCR), and for this I want to thank you, since after consultation with my attorney, I have now been informed that since you have broken your contractual obligation, that means I am due a full refund of all payments to you.

Perhaps you didn’t understand that we had a contract, (an offer, acceptance and consideration) but let me give you an analogy to explain.

Suppose you owned a Toyota dealership and a customer came in and paid one-third deposit on a car, do you think you could legally tell him not to come back to your dealership or to speak with your staff or other customers? You couldn’t, not unless you severed your contractual obligations by returning the deposit in full, whereby you would be free to do whatever you wished.

Your forum is your dealership, it is one of the only means of communication that your customers have with you, your employees and other customers, you had a contractual obligation to me, you can’t therefore treat me any different from any other customer, because that is discrimination. If you just had an open forum on any subject, but did not take payment for any goods you would be free to ban anyone you wanted, but unfortunately you are selling a product and after taking payment you have contractual obligations and these were broken by you.

Therefore, within 48 hours I am expecting a full refund of all deposits paid to you, which is 405 British Pounds. If my deposit is not returned to me in full they I will be forced to proceed with this matter.

I will accept my refund in Bitcoin at the below address:

138xHdgMcJ2hKSsXkA5A8kbpsMRviLZULx

Yours truly,
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Fiaz Malik
Administrator
Re: A New Direction For Alpha Technology

« Reply #9 on: Today at 02:45:50 PM »
I am considering deleting all topics on this forum as most will be irrelevant and will probably only cause confusion after the announcement. What do you guys think or perhaps I should ask again once you know the announcement?

And the RETCON begins
x1shaun22
Customer
Refund penalty

« on: Today at 02:41:51 PM »

Before I made my final payment, I asked about the refund policy penalty as it pertains to my deposit. I asked if I would be penalized on just the deposit portion or on my final payment as well. Payments told me it only applied to the deposit portion but now that I made my final payment, I am being told it applies to the total amount and I would receive a penalty on the entire cost. Can I get clarification on the cancellation/refund policy? It does not mention final payment in the terms of order. I have emailed payments 5 times for clarification but no response.

And now it has been deleted. Their new era of transparency lasted long. Wow!....Just wow!

Well, banning the majority of their customer base from their own forum was resulting in a large backlash of customers posting here. It wasn't a smart strategy to begin with.

By unbanning them it makes them look like the good guys doing everyone a favour, and curries gratitude from some of those they unban.

I like their use of unprecedented in that post. What was unprecedented was how many of their own customers they were banning from their website.
QFMFT
Activity: 532

Well, banning the majority of their customer base from their own forum was resulting in a large backlash of customers posting here. It wasn't a smart strategy to begin with.

By unbanning them it makes them look like the good guys doing everyone a favour, and curries gratitude from some of those they unban.

I like their use of unprecedented in that post. What was unprecedented was how many of their own customers they were banning from their website.

It's a sign that they're feeling the pressure. The threats of legal action, the potential backlash, while they're afforded more time. What makes these promises any more guaranteed than their last promises?

You, as customers, should be demanding that shipping date in their T&Cs, and if they don't comply, then be able to be refunded. Empty promises are just that. Words.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1060
apologize if you felt it was unjust

Still doesn't get it.  Roll Eyes

Oh well, this should be interesting. As soon as push comes to shove, we all want to best friends again. Awaiting the news about  the new 750 MH/s machine provided you give us just a bit more time (before taking legal action), and only for a few dollars more (provided you pay today).

Something like that?
Fiaz Malik
Administrator

A New Direction For Alpha Technology

« on: Today at 02:03:11 PM »

Greetings Everyone,

I will try to keep this as short as possible as the full announcement is coming later on. Like you all we are not satisfied with the delay. In light of recent events there is a lot of hostility where we are scrambling to defend ourselves and vice-versa for you. This is not helpful to anybody and will ultimately cost us all as such we have the perfect solution where everybody wins. This announcement will be unprecedented in the cryptocurrency industry and will be a game changer for our customers. We have 2 roads here as a company where we can leave things as they are with unhappy customers ensuring there is no future for us outside of batch 1 or we can fully commit to our original commitment of transparency and an ethical open approach. In light of this news we have decided to un-ban everybody who was ever banned and apologize if you felt it was unjust, we can now put all of this negativity behind us and move forward together as it should be. Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense at the moment but it will do soon, I will also edit it and add more later today I just wanted to say something asap. The announcement should be today, if it isn't please don't freak out it will be soon, it will also be announce in news articles and it will be great news for you guys that everyone will want to be a part of.

This I must see. I wonder if I'm going to get unbanned?

Let me guess, increased hash rate/cloud hashing, possibly partial refunds if you choose to leave. Another ploy to squeeze out more money. Some suckers will fall for it but personally I wouldn't trust Alpha as far as I could throw them. They've already proven themselves to be a bunch of liars and thieves. It's not likely they've suddenly changed overnight.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
And when a bunch of 250MHs hashers come on line attacking those new coins and dumping them?  How profitable will it be then.  When KNC and GAW vault breakers ship, very likely before Alpah Tech does they are going to squeeze the profits from the multi pools fast.  You'll just be picking up the crumbs.

Oh now that's silly, that's sensible and took a thought process to determine. Stop doing that.. it ruins folks' reality and expectations.

Because difficulty of multicoin pools will never skyrocket with 9-20 petahashes coming online globally within this quarter...

Roll Eyes
Activity: 714
you ordered a product that would be shipped in q3, that has not passed. now live with it and stop whining

You ordered a product which was due for shipping worst case scenario 15th July. That did not happen. People have every reason to be upset with AT.

With the proposed new delivery date these units will never ROI.

every asic roi`s, the questin is how long will it take.

i will put it on a multipool

http://poolpicker.eu/

put it on nicehash, 250 mh/s x 0.00482350btc =1,205875 btc per day

= 701.19 USD per day , making the roi :

9 254.18175 U.S. dollars (5450 gbp) / 701.19 = ROI 13,19782338595816 days.....

so whats the issue here exactly?

there will always be new coins, and a multipool takes full advantage of this

Your price is *WAY* off.  Current NICEHASH price is 0.00078810btc Per Mh = 0.197025 BTC Per day
If, and ONLY IFF, that price remains steady, = 9,254 dollars / $118 per day or 78 days.  But since the difficult rises by about 10% ever 4 days.  When we get our machines 60 days from now (if that) It'll be making around $24 a day, before electricity. At that rate : You're looking at 380 days... but we all know that in those 380 the difficulty will rise so much that you'll have to shut the machine off because the cost of electricity is more than you make.  So in other words.  There is a 0% chance of us making our money back if the delivery date is Sept.

multipool owners constantly add new coins that are very profitable.......diff does not go up in a multipool

searing : 10000 dollar

And when a bunch of 250MHs hashers come on line attacking those new coins and dumping them?  How profitable will it be then.  When KNC and GAW vault breakers ship, very likely before Alpah Tech does they are going to squeeze the profits from the multi pools fast.  You'll just be picking up the crumbs.
Activity: 27
come on guys now is the time to get together and discuss what legal actions could be taken against alpha,
to stop this lie, or do you take your loss without a fight?
regards

Jump to: