Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 146. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Fiaz today at Alpha forum
''
Viper / Re: Will Alpha inform customer if things go wrong?
« on: Today at 06:41:00 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the silence, it is quite a critical time where we want to be confident in anything we announce so as to avoid certain expectations as we have made mistakes in this in the past. I can tell you we should be releasing an update on shipping tomorrow. ''

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Alpha -
Company # 08483921
Vat # - 176115022
-M
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Received the same e mail from them, replied to this and waiting still for an answer or full refund.

Can You please post the email here? It can help others, including me :-)

Its the same copypasta message, that has been sent to dat user from check republic. The same message with illegal content, dat has been sent to everyone who demanded full refund.

Hello there,

We are very sorry but as per our cancellation policy it has been longer than 5 months since you placed your order therefore you are no longer eligible for a refund. We have been very clear and open with our terms of order, it was released as a news update, it is easily available on our website and you are urged to view it on the product page before you order. Such regulations only apply to consumers and you are a business customer with us. I can assure you that our legal matters are dealt with by a leading law firm in the UK. Our terms of order are completely legal in the UK. It was typed up by solicitors who specialize in this area of law. They have advised us that all our customers will be legally classed as businesses for many reasons, one being that the hardware we are selling can only be used for mining cryptocurrencies which is a business practice according to HMRC.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
Fwiw, there are a LOT of Alpha Technology related names when searching Companies House, and a LOT of them are dissolved. I couldn't find one for an Alpha Technologies at 66 Dickenson Road, Manchester. Perhaps somebody else can ? Does anyone have a Company Number for Alpha-T, perhaps on order documentation ?  Or a VAT registration number ?

From the Alpha-T home page:

Alpha Technology has, during the development of its products, always taken a fair and ethical approach to the pre-ordering process by not taking 100% of the payment, but only 30%. Next to that, we gave our backers complete transparency and frequent development updates. By doing so, our valued customers have always been able to see what we were doing and how our product development was progressing. Early adopters enjoy the benefits of priority shipping in upcoming batches/new product lines. Whilst we continue our transparency and open development, the pre-ordering phase has stopped and for new orders we will only sell available hardware at 100% of its price.

~L)L~

This is info from the above using their company number - M
Company Details

Print Page. Open help text in a new window.

Name & Registered Office:
ALPHA TECHNOLOGY (INT) LTD
 66 DICKENSON ROAD
MANCHESTER
M14 5HF
Company No. 08483921

Date of Incorporation: 11/04/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
 71121 - Engineering design activities for industrial process and production
 72190 - Other research and experimental development on natural sciences and engineering

Accounting Reference Date: 31/08
Last Accounts Made Up To:   (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 11/01/2015
Last Return Made Up To: 11/07/2014
Next Return Due: 08/08/2015

Mortgage: Number of charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )   
 Last Members List: 11/07/2014

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name

22/07/2013 CHESHIRE TECHNOLOGY LTD

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Fwiw, there are a LOT of Alpha Technology related names when searching Companies House, and a LOT of them are dissolved. I couldn't find one for an Alpha Technologies at 66 Dickenson Road, Manchester. Perhaps somebody else can ? Does anyone have a Company Number for Alpha-T, perhaps on order documentation ?  Or a VAT registration number ? Can any Alpha-T customers in the UK confirm that Alpha-T have been collecting VAT on pre-order down payments ?

From the Alpha-T home page:

Alpha Technology has, during the development of its products, always taken a fair and ethical approach to the pre-ordering process by not taking 100% of the payment, but only 30%. Next to that, we gave our backers complete transparency and frequent development updates. By doing so, our valued customers have always been able to see what we were doing and how our product development was progressing. Early adopters enjoy the benefits of priority shipping in upcoming batches/new product lines. Whilst we continue our transparency and open development, the pre-ordering phase has stopped and for new orders we will only sell available hardware at 100% of its price.

~L)L~
There will be an official address of record for Alpha-T at Companies House in London. This may or may not be the Dickenson Road address.

Registered mail must be sent to the official address on record at Companies House.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
Thank you - the link above is a timed out session - start here to get to there -
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

-M
legendary
ex uno plures
That link didn't work for me … session timed out.

Here is their home page www.companieshouse.gov.uk
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
There will be an official address of record for Alpha-T at Companies House in London. This may or may not be the Dickenson Road address.

Registered mail must be sent to the official address on record at Companies House.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
legendary
ex uno plures

Activity: 350
It proves that you posted it at least. My best guess is that those shutters are firmly closed, meaning no one is there  to accept / sign for receipt of it !! So it may never be read by those it was intended for.

Keep the proof of posting you'll need this as proof.

Thanks, yes. I guess my question is - re in the states I go to the local PO and send Cert mail with Sig required. Is that the same process for International mail?
Also I am wondering if This address Alpha Technology, 66 Dickenson Road, Manchester M14 5HF England UK is still a real place and should it be sent to a specific person at Alpha?
My next wonder about them is what if they won't sign for the letter? -M

The smart thing to do is not to sign for the letter..but then again if it is just an 'office flunky' at a desk getting mail the post man or whoever would have them sign it..as an
employee it should be good enough..quess you will just have to send the letter to find out.....signing for it and them vs you on determining what is in the letter may be a whole
nother deal..i suppose you could notarize your signature at your end and have the notary notoriaze your copy as well?

others may know more about this kinda thing...send the letter see what happens nothing to lose if it ends up in alpha's shredder anyway....your in the same boat

my 2c worth

Searing

The purpose of a certified letter is to be able to provide proof that you contacted them and requested your money back (since this is the first step in any legal proceedings that may follow).  What AT does with the letter, be it they read it and ignore it, don't read it and throw it away, refuse to sign for it, etc. is of no concern to you.  When you get to court you then have your proof that you sent the request. 
Activity: 350
What I can't understand is why those of you who got ripped off are still playing games with this company?  It is fairly obvious to anyone not emotionally invested in the outcome, that none of you will get the product you paid for, nor will AT ever willingly return your money.  So why all the posturing and back-and-forth?  File a claim, contact a lawyer, get your money back.  Or not, I guess.  But giving them deadlines and such isn't really all that productive as all it does is give them more time to move the money around, and also makes your position clear (i.e., not really willing to take legal action).

The process itself isn't that difficult.  You send them a certified letter (or whatever it is called in your country, a letter requiring a signature to receive) stating what you ordered, what you paid, your wish to cancel your order and receive a full refund of whatever amount you paid and a deadline to receive the money, something like 7-14 days in the future.  There is no need to give reasons or explanations why, as it isn't their concern (besides, they already know why), nor explain that you aren't a business (they already know that too) or anything like that.  The whole thing should be like 5 lines long, if that.  That's it, done.  Then when they don't pay you, file against them.  

If that isn't something you are comfortable with then hire an attorney, but really the whole thing can be done by yourself.  You're not going to wake up tomorrow and have a meaningful update from AT sitting in your inbox, everyone knows that, so why wait?
Courts seriously frown upon cases where the claimant has made no attempt to negotiate with the defendant themselves.

I've seen a case thrown out of court simply because the defendant said that they had posed a legitimate response to the claimant's request, and received no response, and the claimant couldn't deny it.  If you do what you suggest, and Alpha-T responds with legitimate questions (whether you deem them legitimate or not), then you won't have a leg to stand on in court under any competent judge.

It's perfectly reasonable, and I'd argue that it is the responsible approach to try to settle things with Alpha-T yourself before taking it before the law.

That said, it's about time everyone brings this before the law, and I generally agree with your sentiments.

I think at this point it's more about understanding for many people.  The money, meh... Me, I want to know what happened or is happening at Alpha.

I do not know what the specifics are of the case you are referring to, but if person A owes person B money, and person B requests the money but does not receive it, they are not obligated to enter into lengthy negotiations with the debtor. UK law is very clear on this point, you are all entitled to a complete refund of your money.  At issue is AT's contention that customers are not customers but are businesses and thus they are exempt from the distance seller regulations.  A court's job is to adjudicate this, hence that is where this issue belongs.  As well, until judgments are officially entered against the Company, no one will ever know what "happened over at AT".  As evidenced by their refusal to provide any sort of meaningful update, they will not willingly give out information and thus need to be compelled to do so by a court of law.

I guess the whole point was, whatever method you guys are using to try and get satisfaction from them obviously hasn't worked, and is not working, and there is little reason to think it will suddenly start working.  So perhaps trying something else is in order.  Assuming you are serious about actually getting satisfaction from them.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
It proves that you posted it at least. My best guess is that those shutters are firmly closed, meaning no one is there  to accept / sign for receipt of it !! So it may never be read by those it was intended for.

Thanks, yes. I guess my question is - re in the states I go to the local PO and send Cert mail with Sig required. Is that the same process for International mail?
Also I am wondering if This address Alpha Technology, 66 Dickenson Road, Manchester M14 5HF England UK is still a real place and should it be sent to a specific person at Alpha?

The smart thing to do is not to sign for the letter..but then again if it is just an 'office flunky' at a desk getting mail the post man or whoever would have them sign it..as an
employee it should be good enough..quess you will just have to send the letter to find out.....signing for it and them vs you on determining what is in the letter may be a whole
nother deal..i suppose you could notarize your signature at your end and have the notary notoriaze your copy as well?

others may know more about this kinda thing...send the letter see what happens nothing to lose if it ends up in alpha's shredder anyway....your in the same boat

my 2c worth

Searing

Activity: 107

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Just when folks didn't think the rabbit hole could get any deeper, they tumble even further. Good luck folks, I'm afraid the ground is about to fall out from beneath you.
Activity: 107
All well and good taking action, and I urge all of you to move quickly. The liability is on the company and not with the individuals, the company has no assets to claw your cash back, they have no money in the bank (assuming they have paid for the chips), in which case when they go under all claimants will have only a share of any assets in the bank, minus the liquidators costs.

100% of nothing is....

Good luck and get your claims in early to avoid misery.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Just so you guys don't think you have no legal recourse and Alpha Tech holds all the cards.  Recent events prove otherwise....

OFFICIAL Terrahash: News and Lawsuits
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4865552

Terrahash accepted pre-orders for ASIC mining hardware.  Terrahash failed to deliver the ASIC miner I purchased from them or return my money so I sued them.

My legal case against Terrahash was heard this past Monday.  Terrahash failed to show up after being properly served.   The judge asked to see my receipt and then asked some questions before awarding me a judgement for $10,000 plus court costs.   The fact that my receipt was denominated in Bitcoin was a non-issue.

Contrary to popular belief there is legal recourse when making payments with Bitcoin.

i wish you luck ..but lots of folks sued BFL and still have not gotten any money BFL refused to pay....thus the merging of those people into a class action lawsuit against BFL
to get $$$ back ...easy to win at least what in the states is called a small claims court..but hard to collect like in BFL's case when they changed banks etc after
not accepting paypal etc anymore

wish you to have better luck...but strike quick while they still 'may' pay out or hope they are honest

Searing
Activity: 270
rofl, I called this one from the start. Tough luck.

I did think it was fishy from the start still its not something to laugh about i hope someone does something about it  Undecided
Jump to: