Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 141. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
is this legit or another scam?

Their silence on the important questions is very telling.

Actions speak louder.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
You know guys, it is possible that they did receive the chips, and did build the gear... and are mining with the gear, and will mine with it until it's not worth anything to them, and then ship. Which is what BFL did with its first 2 generations of gear, and what KNC did with part of its gear.

Doubtful: They would have released pictures, just to quiet ppl down.

BFL never did ... except to show prototypes and talk about hashrates. Similar pattern. Still, it's just one idea. The more likely is the most simplistic: they simply crumbled under their own project.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
You know guys, it is possible that they did receive the chips, and did build the gear... and are mining with the gear, and will mine with it until it's not worth anything to them, and then ship. Which is what BFL did with its first 2 generations of gear, and what KNC did with part of its gear.

Doubtful: They would have released pictures, just to quiet ppl down.
Activity: 616
Activity: 1036
Its not a scam, there is nothing criminal, in my opinion. Alpha just bit off way more than they could chew, as they have no expertise or experience in industrial engineering and chip fabrication.

This is fairly cutting edge technology and while it may all look easy on paper, actually making a chip, boards, case, software, etc and bringing it to market is not easy. Forget timing and pricing.

BFL is way better capitalized and has experience making ASICs, yet look at their most recent fiasco with the Monarch line. Its going to ship over a year late, at least. Thats a company with huge resources.

Alpha is just a couple guys. You cant just take engineering 101, get some crowdfunding, place one call to India and expect to get rich. Only a total neophyte would believe it could be so easy.

Being naive and ambitious isnt a crime. Now if it turns out they moved some money around to themselves via a shell game and didnt actually spend it developing Vipers, maybe crimes were committed.

I dont know, Im not a lawyer. But from our perspective, whether its total incompetence, criminal negligence, or actually a scam start to finish - is irrelevant.

Its very likely if not assured yet that any investment made into Alpha is a total loss. The fact that they still monitor the boards is fairly encouraging, as they havent simply gone off the radar entirely - yet.
Activity: 17
Scam:
Ya, They just banned me for pointing out to stay in business they need to be more competitive. There is a competitor (which I didn't mention on their forums), Zoom hash, that is Delivering TODAY same has for half the price. So ya... they banned me for this. And I've already paid them in full... Now I can't even READ their forums and updates. Do NOT buy from these people.
Yes, I got banned too because I said that mining now was better than mining in the future. And if you want to read their forums just remove and block their cookies.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
update please.

with concrete information such as pictures of components or hashing prototype, shipping dates,what caused the delay

i have asked people to remain reasonable here, but if your gonna say update within a day and then there is no update after 2 , then i dont know what you are doing over there. My patience is growing thin

How long can you remain reasonable for? Alpha already crossed the line, habitually.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
update please.

with concrete information such as pictures of components or hashing prototype, shipping dates,what caused the delay

i have asked people to remain reasonable here, but if your gonna say update within a day and then there is no update after 2 , then i dont know what you are doing over there. My patience is growing thin.

an honest disclosure of what happened can get my respect, keeping silent is troll feed to the speculators and is very unwise
Activity: 32
Scam:
Ya, They just banned me for pointing out to stay in business they need to be more competitive. There is a competitor (which I didn't mention on their forums), Zoom hash, that is Delivering TODAY same has for half the price. So ya... they banned me for this. And I've already paid them in full... Now I can't even READ their forums and updates. Do NOT buy from these people.
Activity: 69
is this legit or another scam?
Activity: 532
The miners are vaporware at this point. No product, no prototype, vague promises of updates, no clarification of what the hell is going on.

By not telling you why there has been a delay, Alpha-T are being outright dishonest. It doesn't take a genius to know they're in trouble, otherwise they'd be more forthcoming with news.

Their silence is their response.
legendary
Activity: 1596
havent read all the pages, is there a delay with this?
Activity: 714
So Fiaz should have posted an update within 24 hours of his last post.  But he didn't.  But everyone was hoping that Fiaz's next post was an update.

Instead Fiaz decides to just rant on his forum about how gracious Alpah tech was to customers, but ow he sees customers as greedy leaches that demand too much from poor Alpha technology.  That is great customer service.

Activity: 714
This is a an intresting watch.  I recommend alpha-tech customers watch this and then think about how Alpha Technology has interacted with you.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8035954
legendary
Activity: 1050
Yeah, told you all right to be careful with these scammers.

Viper 50Mh/s pre-order was sold for 1PLN today on allegro.pl  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
i paid in full and with biutcoin, i can not afford to loose that money since i have to start a company with it.i though instead of spending 10000 dollar once, i will invest it and then spend it, and have a monthly return.....

it might not be alot to some people but its every cent i own

bumface, that is a lot of money to me too.

I am NOT a lawyer/solicitor/abogado/avocat/anwalt and do not pretend to be one on the internet. But if I were in your position, I think i'd accept that hope is not a realistic strategy and would be talking to a lawyer, especially if I were a UK resident. If I wasn't a UK resident, I would be trying to organize a group of people to share the expense of consulting a UK lawyer so that I had a clear understanding of my rights and options.

I think that free legal aid is available to many people in the EU zone. For example, in the UK there is https://www.gov.uk/civil-legal-advice
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
i paid in full and with biutcoin, i can not afford to loose that money since i have to start a company with it.i though instead of spending 10000 dollar once, i will invest it and then spend it, and have a monthly return.....

it might not be alot to some people but its every cent i own
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
if they manage to climb out of this hole and ship, i will applaude them. all it takes is honesty, we have been delayd because of.....

It may not be possible to climb out of this hole whole, bumface. If all it took was honesty I think we would have seen an update already. This feels more like some kind of fatal systemic problem for which there is no solution.

For example, if they had a problem with their design or with the foundry they could have run out of money and be unable to complete the project without an additional capital injection. At this point I think there are very few Alpha-T customers who are unaware that even if Alpha-T were to ship a product this year, it probably won't ROI and therefore they are unlikely to complete payment, especially without a glimpse of a working prototype.

Why throw good money after bad ?

At this point, it looks to me (Hope I'm Wrong) that they are just trying to manage liabilities such that they have the least personal legal and financial exposure possible. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they have taken legal advice and have been told not to say anything.

Activity: 84
if they manage to climb out of this hole and ship, i will applaude them. all it takes is honesty, we have been delayd because of.....

That is not gonna happen. 100% of their time is occupied by moderating their forum. No one is working there. There is no progress. There are no components. There is nothing.

I am only surprised that Eric Gunn that is directly, as stated on their team page, responsible for all this mess wants to authenticate this disaster with his name. Is he aware what's going on there?

There are no chips for sure. So the production did not started as Alpha informed us in May. If that was the case how the hell could they inform us that they noticed higher hashrate and lower power consumption? There was no prototype.

1. They removed all their traces from all public forums.
2. Their partners removed all Alpha's traces from their web pages.
3. Most of the crew resigned and distanced themselves from Alpha-T.
4. They stopped releasing updates months ago.
5. They are not trustworthy enough to get CC.
6. They got caught red handed on many lies and broken promises.
7. There are no cases, PCBs, PSU's, chips pictures at all not to mention the prototype.
8. Even a promise of an update in one day ahead time perspective was to hard to keep.

Honestly, how would you call a man that still believes they will deliver the product up to specs in reasonable time?
Jump to: