Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 145. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Hey Fiaz just announced the chip delivery!!!

He just published the photo on the alpa tech site!!!

Activity: 616
shipping a bit later then expected is not called fraud, its called a delay

So if Fiaz announce they are delaying shipping until end of Q4 beginning of Q1 2015 and then in December announce they are delaying until end of Q1 you are fine with it?

Of course he would, because he doesn't seem to want to face reality that there's something wrong, and they're not sharing--which goes against their promises.

Unless of course, he knows something nobody else does.
Activity: 714

So if Fiaz announce they are delaying shipping until end of Q4 beginning of Q1 2015 and then in December announce they are delaying until end of Q1 you are fine with it?
Activity: 714
Hey Fiaz just announced the chip delivery!!!

He just published the photo on the alpa tech site!!!

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Question: what is speaking against paying by credit card and relying on Section 75 for protection?

1) They don't deliver in a reasonable timeframe (>2-3 months?). I could ask the CC company to refund me.
2) They go bust. Same as 1).
3) They deliver.
3a) I'm happy with the miner and keep it.
3b) Based on DSR I send the miner back within 7 days and ask for a refund. The CC company should be liable if the refund does not happen.

What am I missing?

according to amex if they have 1) no cc taken 2) no paypal etc..no way for the cc companies to get the $$$ back unless you managed
to get them to say fraud...amex has 45 day ask and reply so alpha can make stuff up till heck blows over....so that an't likley with this card
hard to get cc company to pay if they have no way anymore to get it from the merchant....(notice how alpha used its bank as a front to get
some folks to fork over last 70% thinking they had cc protection then when cc companies tried to get refunds alpha was then able
to turn off cc option via the bank....as far as bank is concerned alpha changed its mind..but we know different)

so in other words if the place amex (who prev was under paypal did a cc deal) cannot get access to funds like a normal merchant
then only option is for user (me) to take them to small claims court..even if amex says i won the dispute..amex and i assume
other cc companies will not just 'eat the loss' if no way to get it back

ie if they only take cash no way for cc companies to pressure them into refunding..alpha just say FU and moves on to bankruptcy

Searing
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Question: what is speaking against paying by credit card and relying on Section 75 for protection?

1) They don't deliver in a reasonable timeframe (>2-3 months?). I could ask the CC company to refund me.
2) They go bust. Same as 1).
3) They deliver.
3a) I'm happy with the miner and keep it.
3b) Based on DSR I send the miner back within 7 days and ask for a refund. The CC company should be liable if the refund does not happen.

What am I missing?
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
Fiaz today at Alpha forum
''
Viper / Re: Will Alpha inform customer if things go wrong?
« on: Today at 06:41:00 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the silence, it is quite a critical time where we want to be confident in anything we announce so as to avoid certain expectations as we have made mistakes in this in the past. I can tell you we should be releasing an update on shipping tomorrow. ''

Well that would be such a relief to so many people if they announce that everything is ok and they are beginning shipments tomorrow !

tomorrow:  hi guys we're just visiting our fabs in this extradition-free country.  kthxbai
Activity: 210
★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco
If history has told us anything it's going to be a lot of "hope" and "soon" talk. With a dash of patience will be rewarded with more hash power.
Sure hope you turn out to be spot on with this prediction.  Could use a bit of good news.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
If history has told us anything it's going to be a lot of "hope" and "soon" talk. With a dash of patience will be rewarded with more hash power.
legendary
ex uno plures
*To make up for our shipping delay everybody will now be receiving 3X their formerly purchased hash-rates.  We aren't entirely sure how we're going to accomplish this but mark my words, it will be done.

done properly !

~L)L~
legendary
ex uno plures
If they were to start shipping tomorrow, then they MUST be able to show a working prototype :p

Bingo !
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
''
Hey guys, sorry for the silence, it is quite a critical time where we want to be confident in anything we announce so as to avoid certain expectations as we have made mistakes in this in the past. I can tell you we should be releasing an update on shipping tomorrow. ''

Yeah I just read that thread. I'll be very interested in what they have to say tomorrow. I've got a feeling it will be something along the lines of:

"Sorry but we will miss our worst case shipping date (July 31st) because -insert bullshit excuse here-, but we are on track to make delivery well before our Q3 deadline"

But I'm a cynic so we'll just have to wait and see.
Your prediction may end up being far more accurate than you suspect I'm afraid.

*To make up for our shipping delay everybody will now be receiving 3X their formerly purchased hash-rates.  We aren't entirely sure how we're going to accomplish this but mark my words, it will be done.

This company is a joke.
Activity: 84
I'll be very interested in what they have to say tomorrow.

They will say that work over Viper took longer than expected because they had to match the competition again. There are new great partners that they don't want to reveal yet but Viper will be now 750 Mh at 2200W. They didn't want to give the update faster because they were not sure about the final specs of the new machine. The downside is that it will take a bit longer so please stay with us. We can assure you that everything is in the best order.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
''

Well that would be such a relief to so many people if they announce that everything is ok and they are beginning shipments tomorrow !

If they were to start shipping tomorrow, then they MUST be able to show a working prototype :p

They could at least show a proof of anything..
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
''

Yeah I just read that thread. I'll be very interested in what they have to say tomorrow. I've got a feeling it will be something along the lines of:

"Sorry but we will miss our worst case shipping date (July 31st) because -insert bullshit excuse here-, but we are on track to make delivery well before our Q3 deadline"

But I'm a cynic so we'll just have to wait and see.
Activity: 210
''

legendary
ex uno plures
''

Activity: 84
''

He got caught redhanded by one of the forum users that quoted following discussion.

22 February 2014 Customer
If there are delays in delivery or the development of the Viper runs into any problems, will Alpha keeps us all informed and not repeat what Cointerra did by going into complete radio silence?

24 February 2014 Fiaz Malik
Absolutely, we will let customers know exactly what is going on, we believe transparency and honesty, even in the case of something negative like a a delay is something customers must know and will only help our companies reputation in the long run so nothing will be hidden. Having said that we are on track as per our timeline and are expecting no delays.
Jump to: