Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 186. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
The only one who should be embarrassed is you with your nasty attitude, it is you my friend that is making a fool of himself, what's your problem anyway, are you unable to have a civil discussion without being such an Nasty arse, and you wonder why you got banned from the Alpha forum. Oh Dear!
Ok.  I'm not going to continue this discussion. Its going nowhere. I'll say this, go back a few pages read what has been posted by me and others and you'll see why we are dubious, to say the least.

If you do you'll see:
Alpha are using "risk lot" chips. Basically foundry samples that haven't gone through proper testing. Just to save time. This brings reliability massively into question

They will have to fit 13 PCBs, containing 208 chips in total, along with heatsinks, fans 3 PSUs, controller boards etc into a 4u case (for the 250mh/s) This is IMPOSSIBLE. Please go back a couple of pages and find my post showing pictures of other asics. At most they have 5 PCBs. If they do manage to cram this much gear in, it will not last a week and will probably burn your house down. The case will have to be MUCH, MUCH larger. Something they have yet to disclose to their customers. Yet they're asking for final payment.

The units still have to be CE certified

If you look at Alpha's own timeline. Systems assembly and testing takes 20 days and should start early next week for them to be on time. They haven't even got the wafers yet., let alone chips. So they are a way off. To make up the time, they have said they will be cutting testing short to deliver in July. Even Cointerra didn't do this when they were a month behind, and look what happened there. Again another blow to reliability.

They have lied to their customers regarding the Distance selling regulations in order to withhold their legally entitled refunds.

As a Start up with no accounts and a high risk product, it will be very difficult for them to get a bank as a credit card Processor. Something they have been promising customers for weeks.

I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture. With all of the above going against them you can see why I get hot under the collar when people drop by without reading previous posts, taking my posts out of context, accuse me of spreading FUD and tell me to chill.

After reading your posts on Hashfast:(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4555678 )
I'm frankly staggered that you would come here and try to defend Alpha at all. You thought Hashfast were legit and bought from them after dodging BFL. So you can see why the "I think they're nice guys" argument doesn't cut it for me.

I hope you see where I'm coming from. I wish you luck
Activity: 252
Well this does concern me, at least someone is talking with some sence in this thread! (Minus the attitude)
Sense...... You can't even spell the word.

If you had even bothered to read the thread you'll see this was covered pages back and a lot of perfectly rational arguments were put forward to explain why we believe Alpha has little chance of meeting their July deadline.

Before running off at the lip. Maybe you should take the time to read at least some of the posts. It will save you some embarrassment

The only one who should be embarrassed is you with your nasty attitude, it is you my friend that is making a fool of himself, what's your problem anyway, are you unable to have a civil discussion without being such an Nasty arse, and you wonder why you got banned from the Alpha forum. Oh Dear!
Has it not occurred to you (whilst you are ranting and being abusive) that we are infact saying the same thing! However what you label as "Development" I consider to be Design and Creation, read my first post!!
Good. I'm glad we agree. Night night.
Well this does concern me, at least someone is talking with some sence in this thread! (Minus the attitude)
Sense...... You can't even spell the word.

If you had even bothered to read the thread you'll see this was covered pages back and a lot of perfectly rational arguments were put forward to explain why we believe Alpha has little chance of meeting their July deadline.

Before running off at the lip. Maybe you should take the time to read at least some of the posts. It will save you some embarrassment
Exactly and they have finished designing or if you wish to call it "developing" so there job is done it is now over to the foundry - it is you who is the one embarrassing yourself

Definition of:foundry

A semiconductor manufacturer that makes chips for third parties. It may be a large chip maker that sells its excess manufacturing capacity or one that makes chips exclusively for other companies.

Oh dear!

I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about?? 

You think you can edit your post after I've written mine in some juvenile attempt to trip me up. I quoted it before you edited it son, so now you look like an even bigger arse

Seriously. Go back and read my posts. I've forgotten more about this stuff than you clearly know. 

By all means continue your pathetic attempts to justify your gamble with Alpha. But don't, for the love of God try to pretend you have even the slightest understanding of the Asic development process You just look like a fool..

Has it not occurred to you (whilst you are ranting and being abusive) that we are infact saying the same thing! However what you label as "Development" I consider to be Design and Creation, read my first post!!

You make an interesting and rational point, is it not possible to pre-certify a PSU for shipping before it gets "put in the box" ?

No, CE certification requires that the system be tested as the consumer is designed to use it. Which means even if you just toss a power brick in the box.. this is how the CE labs have to test it.

Which is why they physically can't make deadline without removing the PSU from the equation.

Well this does concern me, at least someone is talking with some sense in this thread! (Minus the attitude)
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

You make an interesting and rational point, is it not possible to pre-certify a PSU for shipping before it gets "put in the box" ?

No, CE certification requires that the system be tested as the consumer is designed to use it. Which means even if you just toss a power brick in the box.. this is how the CE labs have to test it.

Which is why they physically can't make deadline without removing the PSU from the equation.
I have been there and trust them, you need to relax, you are getting all wound up with no proper cause, they have said repetedly they will ship earliest 15th July and latest end of July, calling up CAB and Trading Standards and making a lot of premature and unnecessary noise is only going to create issues, and that if anything is going to be the root cause of any hold up, so it will be YOU that will be responsible, if units do not ship on time, stop being so dramatic, and selfish and think about all of the 1000's of other customers that have paid and are happy to wait until end of July before getting nervous.

Take it easy and go and find something else to pass the time whilst Alpha are hard at it to ensure our miners get delivered on time. Stop spreading FUD and stop making waves and causing problems, this is why you have been banned from the forum, no other reason, THE END

Well the issue is, they can't physically make the deadline at this point. Legally. Unless they change their design, again. Examine the CE certification process. It's required because they're including PSU's. If they don't include PSU's in the design, then that's one less thing to worry about, but now the end user will have to worry about it.

If they include PSU's in shipment, they need CE certification. Which takes 2-12 weeks (at best, with bribes), and they have to supply machines off of the assembly line. This means that they'd need to have already built the machines and had them in CE process weeks ago.

Unless they issue a fake CE sticker, or ship without CE certification -- both will cause the items to be held in customs.

And this is just one of 3 major issues which is cause for concern on their deadline. When asked about it, they have banned / ignored customers. While your experience with them may have been genuine, the fact remains they physically can't meet their deadline.

Exactly and they have finished designing or if you wish to call it "developing" so there job is done it is now over to the foundry - it is you who is the one embarrassing yourself

A semiconductor manufacturer that makes chips for third parties. It may be a large chip maker that sells its excess manufacturing capacity or one that makes chips exclusively for other companies.

Oh dear!

I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about?? 

You think you can edit your post after I've written mine in some juvenile attempt to trip me up. I quoted it before you edited it son, so now you look like an even bigger arse

Seriously. Go back and read my posts. I've forgotten more about this stuff than you clearly know. 

By all means continue your pathetic attempts to justify your gamble with Alpha. But don't, for the love of God try to pretend you have even the slightest understanding of the Asic development process You just look like a fool..
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I have been there and trust them, you need to relax, you are getting all wound up with no proper cause, they have said repetedly they will ship earliest 15th July and latest end of July, calling up CAB and Trading Standards and making a lot of premature and unnecessary noise is only going to create issues, and that if anything is going to be the root cause of any hold up, so it will be YOU that will be responsible, if units do not ship on time, stop being so dramatic, and selfish and think about all of the 1000's of other customers that have paid and are happy to wait until end of July before getting nervous.

Take it easy and go and find something else to pass the time whilst Alpha are hard at it to ensure our miners get delivered on time. Stop spreading FUD and stop making waves and causing problems, this is why you have been banned from the forum, no other reason, THE END

Well the issue is, they can't physically make the deadline at this point. Legally. Unless they change their design, again. Examine the CE certification process. It's required because they're including PSU's. If they don't include PSU's in the design, then that's one less thing to worry about, but now the end user will have to worry about it.

If they include PSU's in shipment, they need CE certification. Which takes 2-12 weeks (at best, with bribes), and they have to supply machines off of the assembly line. This means that they'd need to have already built the machines and had them in CE process weeks ago.

Unless they issue a fake CE sticker, or ship without CE certification -- both will cause the items to be held in customs.

And this is just one of 3 major issues which is cause for concern on their deadline. When asked about it, they have banned / ignored customers. While your experience with them may have been genuine, the fact remains they physically can't meet their deadline.
Do you honestly think that it is Dexcel that will mass produce the chips? Ha ha it is you my friend that has no clue! I rest my case!
And there goes the last of your credibility.......
Dexcel are the chip DEVELOPERS. Global Foundries are the chip MANUFACTURERS.

Now please stop.......You're only embarrassing yourself.

Exactly and Dexcel have finished designing or if you wish to call it "developing" so their (Dexcel's) job is done it is now over to the foundry - it is you who is the one embarrassing yourself

Oh dear!
Do you honestly think that it is Dexcel that will mass produce the chips? Ha ha it is you my friend that has no clue! I rest my case!
And there goes the last of your credibility.......
Dexcel are the chip DEVELOPERS. Global Foundries are the chip MANUFACTURERS.

Now please stop.......You're only embarrassing yourself.

Their "Chip developer " as you say, is actually a "Chip Designer / creator" the development will be done by a 3rd party Manufacturing company.
^^ I think this just about sums up your knowledge of the asic development process.

I have nothing further M'lud. I rest my case.

Do you honestly think that it is Dexcel that will mass produce the chips? Ha ha it is you my friend that has no clue! They will be now working closely with the foundry I rest my case!
Their "Chip developer " as you say, is actually a "Chip Designer / creator" the development will be done by a 3rd party Manufacturing company.
^^ I think this just about sums up your knowledge of the asic development process.

I have nothing further M'lud. I rest my case.
Wow just relax and wait for the deadline, I have met them and spoken to them, I live in Manchester, sometimes you just need to have a little bit of faith in people and just relax, I know this industry is full of scammers but that does not mean to say one hat fits all! Stop asking for proof all the time and don't start creating before you have all the facts! So far they have not broken any promises and they have been open and transparent, granted very and I expect that is why it is taking a long time for Payments to answer everyone's emails, but trust me they, answered mine and processed my payments etc so just give them a break!!
I'll give them a break. When they deliver a reliable, working asic on time. In fact I'll happily eat my words.

How can you with a straight face say they are open and transparent. Did you not read my post about refunds? They are lying to their customers to flout UK consumer law.  How is that open or transparent?

I bet you haven't even read this whole thread or the one on litecointalk. Fiaz constantly dodges outright questions here and bans people from his forum for asking anything he doesn't like.
Yeah, open and transparent.

I've been mining for a couple of years and I've seen A LOT of scams and failures, so excuse me for doubting the capabilities of a couple of guys I've got whisky older than, with no business experience, working out of an abandoned takeaway their dad owns, who lie to their customers and have provided NOT ONE SHRED OF PROOF they can ship anything at all, let alone in July.

And to cap that off their chip developer has asked them to remove all trace of them from their website....Yeah maybe I'm being too harsh Roll Eyes

But I'll sleep easier tonight knowing you've met them and think they're A Okay.

Their "Chip developer " as you say, is actually a "Chip Designer / creator" the development will be done by a 3rd party Manufacturing company. The work of Dexcel had most probably come to its natural conclusion, you know there are some people in this world that are beyond reasoning with no matter what you say, you clearly just like to pick arguments and have very little faith in people, I think that is very sad. You should not be so quick to judge everyone by your own standards! Just relax and wait for July to come and go!
Wow just relax and wait for the deadline, I have met them and spoken to them, I live in Manchester, sometimes you just need to have a little bit of faith in people and just relax, I know this industry is full of scammers but that does not mean to say one hat fits all! Stop asking for proof all the time and don't start creating before you have all the facts! So far they have not broken any promises and they have been open and transparent, granted very and I expect that is why it is taking a long time for Payments to answer everyone's emails, but trust me they, answered mine and processed my payments etc so just give them a break!!
I'll give them a break. When they deliver a reliable, working asic on time. In fact I'll happily eat my words.

How can you with a straight face say they are open and transparent. Did you not read my post about refunds? They are lying to their customers to flout UK consumer law.  How is that open or transparent?

I bet you haven't even read this whole thread or the one on litecointalk. Fiaz constantly dodges outright questions here and bans people from his forum for asking anything he doesn't like.
Yeah, open and transparent.

I've been mining for a couple of years and I've seen A LOT of scams and failures, so excuse me for doubting the capabilities of a couple of guys I've got whisky older than, with no business experience, working out of an abandoned takeaway their dad owns, who lie to their customers and have provided NOT ONE SHRED OF PROOF they can ship anything at all, let alone in July.

And to cap that off their chip developer has asked them to remove all trace of them from their website....Yeah maybe I'm being too harsh Roll Eyes

But I'll sleep easier tonight knowing you've met them and think they're A Okay.

Telling the truth = FUD to Alpha apologists.

Its amazing how none of you ever come back with any FACTS to back up any of your rants. But of course, you don't have any actual evidence that these mythical machines will appear in July, because Alpha haven't provided you with any.

Come back when they do. TTFN

Wow just relax and wait for the deadline, I have met them and spoken to them, I live in Manchester, sometimes you just need to have a little bit of faith in people and just relax, I know this industry is full of scammers but that does not mean to say one hat fits all! Stop asking for proof all the time and don't keep on creating before you have all the facts! So far they have not broken any promises and they have been open and transparent, granted slow on responding to emails right now but I expect that is because Payments are really busy handling everyone's payment queries etc. but trust me they do answer and they answered mine, and reopened my order because I clicked on cancel by accident, they have now processed my payments etc so just give them a break!!

Telling the truth = FUD to Alpha apologists.

Its amazing how none of you ever come back with any FACTS to back up any of your rants. But of course, you don't have any actual evidence that these mythical machines will appear in July, because Alpha haven't provided you with any.

Come back when they do. TTFN
you are likely correct...I am looking at it more from the point if they pull a BFL intentional or otherwise and CAN'T SHIP IN JULY....if it ships end of July and I won't get it till August actual..I will likely get Amex to dump for not getting item according to timeline

that much will likely work
Actually their T&Cs and FAQs state their timeline as Q2/Q3.

"We are currently working hard to ensure that the products will be available for delivery as soon as possible, and hope to have them available for shipping in the second or third quarter of 2014"

Saying they HOPE to ship in July doesn't change anything. They are only bound by the timeline stated in the T&Cs.

So Amex, or any other CC company won't get a penny out of their bank unless they ship in October.

This is yet another reason why Ive said from the get go this is a scam.  Even if by some miracle of all miracles they manage to get this thing ready in July, they still aren't contractually obligated to actually ship the things.  They can, entirely within the terms of the agreement, sit there and mine with them for a few months until they are no longer profitable and then ship them out.

Activity: 350
you are likely correct...I am looking at it more from the point if they pull a BFL intentional or otherwise and CAN'T SHIP IN JULY....if it ships end of July and I won't get it till August actual..I will likely get Amex to dump for not getting item according to timeline

that much will likely work
Actually their T&Cs and FAQs state their timeline as Q2/Q3.

"We are currently working hard to ensure that the products will be available for delivery as soon as possible, and hope to have them available for shipping in the second or third quarter of 2014"

Saying they HOPE to ship in July doesn't change anything. They are only bound by the timeline stated in the T&Cs.

So Amex, or any other CC company won't get a penny out of their bank unless they ship in October.

This is yet another reason why Ive said from the get go this is a scam.  Even if by some miracle of all miracles they manage to get this thing ready in July, they still aren't contractually obligated to actually ship the things.  They can, entirely within the terms of the agreement, sit there and mine with them for a few months until they are no longer profitable and then ship them out.
Jump to: