Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 181. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
You didn't answer my question.
I'll leave it to the individual to judge whether my posts have been of help to them or not. But if you think me pointing out the holes in Alpha's stories makes me the bad guy, I can't imagine what you think of Alpha for trying to feed them to you.

I clearly said your "research" posts have been of help, I explicitly have mentioned that in this thread. And I'm not calling you the bad guy. Do not cloud my point.
Does the name calling really help anyone out here? The argument has become personal, and we have lost sight of sticking to the facts. That is my point.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
I'll leave it to the individual to judge whether my posts have been of help to them or not. But if you think me pointing out the holes in Alpha's stories makes me the bad guy, I can't imagine what you think of Alpha for trying to feed them to you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

Full disclosure - I do not have an alpha-t order (thankfully).

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.
That told me everything I needed to know ...

Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd
66 Dickenson Road

Moss Side Family Unit Address:69 Dickenson Road City:Manchester

Top 10: Dodgy British Neighbourhoods
Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

Great, now we are dealing with Logical Fallacies as the basis for arguments.
Let's see, which category does it fall under? The units are being made in India but the location of the organizational team is being put in question due to the neighborhood?
So basically, with this type of ideology we should not support lower socioeconomic areas?
BTW - The logical fallacies covered, include but are not limited to: Red Herring, Ad Hominem, Appeal to the Popular, Begging the Question, and on and on.

Let's keep this fact based. Again, instead of name calling let's keep this on track.

I'm just concerned that theft is a way of life there....
legendary
Antifragile
There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.

66 Dickenson Road

Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

Great, now we are dealing with Logical Fallacies as the basis for arguments.
Let's see, which category does it fall under? The units are being made in India but the location of the organizational team is being put in question due to the neighborhood?
So basically, with this type of ideology we should not support lower socioeconomic areas?
BTW - The logical fallacies covered, include but are not limited to: Red Herring, Ad Hominem, Appeal to the Popular, Begging the Question, and on and on.

Let's keep this fact based. Again, instead of name calling let's keep this on track.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
To be fair about business premises. As a start up you are unlikely to afford the best premisses in the best street, commercial rent around my way for 1000 sq ft is circa 15k (gbp) per year.  Costs are prohibitive at startup, these things come later as and when a business establishes itself and expands.

I honestly couldn't care less where their business is just as long as they deliver.

After all I bet a good 7 out of 10 places you buy stuff from online comes from a similar setup or worse a bedroom, but you get your goods and you leave good feedback, no one will be any the wiser.

Just my two penneth worth.

Activity: 714

66 Dickenson Road

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

But thanks for the response.  I feel honored that out of all the hundreds of forum members here, some of them actually being customers you would pick me out of the masses to grace with your attention.  I'ts like being blessed by the almighty himself.  Thanks for reafirming yet again why I made the right choice dumping my units on ebay 3 months back.

legendary
Antifragile
I couldn't believe it either.

These guys have their priorities ALL wrong.

Fiaz is in the wrong job, as PR/ Social Media expert, I'd have fired him long ago.

Awful... truly awful.
Fiaz is probably the friend they had that knew how to turn on a computer. My dog probably has more PR experience than this spineless buffoon.

I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

I wonder, if there is any hope of succeeding here, do you think you are actually helping things out with the name calling, and with going out of
your way to help destroy customer confidence? I'm all for laying out the facts and investigation, so don't get me wrong, but it seems
like a riot is being started and the sinking of the ship is now being assisted with negative expectations, energy, etc.

Really?? Did you read his post? Of all the questions he could have answered. People are clamoring for information about refunds, the state of the chips, enclosures, cooling, payment processor. He chose to reply to a post about their location.

So yes I think he is spineless and yes I think he's a buffoon. Your opinion may differ but I stand by mine.

Activity: 616
Looks like some responses are being deleted by mods. Someone is asking them to be deleted. I wonder who ...?

Another update to simply let folks they'll update you down the road. Did anyone else notice the red herring about the PSU's? Now they're going to be external. I bet the final update on PSU's will be that they won't be included in order to save time and make their delivery. AKA, because they can't get CE certification in time.

Fiaz is in the wrong job, as PR/ Social Media expert, I'd have fired him long ago.

Awful... truly awful.
Fiaz is probably the friend they had that knew how to turn on a computer. My dog probably has more PR experience than this spineless buffoon.

I wonder, if there is any hope of succeeding here, do you think you are actually helping things out with the name calling, and with going out of
your way to help destroy customer confidence? I'm all for laying out the facts and investigation, so don't get me wrong, but it seems
like a riot is being started and the sinking of the ship is now being assisted with negative expectations, energy, etc.

Really?? Did you read his post? Of all the questions he could have answered. People are clamoring for information about refunds, the state of the chips, enclosures, cooling, payment processor. He chose to reply to a post about their location.

So yes I think he is spineless and yes I think he's a buffoon. Your opinion may differ but I stand by mine.
So they posted their update.  Few thoughts I had while reading it....

"At this moment there is a lot of tweaking and preparation while we wait for the chips as such there isn’t much to show yet."
So they don't have the chips yet.

"[about the payment processor]rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen but some things are just outside of our control. As soon as it’s up we will email you and we guarantee it will be before July"
This is why their word is worthless.  If it is outside your control, how can you possibly guarantee when it will be ready?  If it is something you have control over and thus can guarantee, why lie and say it isn't something you have control over?

^^ this is pretty much what I thought. Its the same old worthless garbage from Alpha. Not a shred of evidence, just speculation and hot air. This took them all day to come up with, copy and paste included. I'm sure some customers will eat it up but personally I'd run a mile.
Activity: 350
So they posted their update.  Few thoughts I had while reading it....

"At this moment there is a lot of tweaking and preparation while we wait for the chips as such there isn’t much to show yet."
So they don't have the chips yet.

"[about the payment processor]rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen but some things are just outside of our control. As soon as it’s up we will email you and we guarantee it will be before July"
This is why their word is worthless.  If it is outside your control, how can you possibly guarantee when it will be ready?  If it is something you have control over and thus can guarantee, why lie and say it isn't something you have control over?

legendary
Antifragile

Awful... truly awful.

Activity: 574
Soo... There was supposed to be an update today?

EDIT: Guess they saw my post....   ; )

https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-update-20062014/

Awful... truly awful.

66 Dickenson Road

Really?  All the questions surrounding your business and your progress and THAT is what you choose to respond to?

Awful... truly awful.

66 Dickenson Road

Really?  All the questions surrounding your business and your progress and THAT is what you choose to respond to?
^^this.
Maybe you should concentrate on getting a credible update to your customers rather than worrying about our geographical knowledge.
Activity: 350

66 Dickenson Road

Great update today don't you think.

Glad to see they allayed everyones fears, addressed all outstanding issues and took timeout to address their customers.

... then I woke up and realised it was a dream. Considering they took on someone to do the PR / customer service duties, then all I can say is that this person is worth his/her weight in gold. I'd luv to learn how they mange to do £$%& all all day and still get paid, me thinks there's a book there to be written ;-)

Alpha have a habit of posting at 11_12pm (UK time) the professional outfit that they are, so there's time yet. I can't believe they'd be stupid enough not to post today. They would lose what little credibility they had left with their customers.
Great update today don't you think.

Glad to see they allayed everyones fears, addressed all outstanding issues and took timeout to address their customers.

... then I woke up and realised it was a dream. Considering they took on someone to do the PR / customer service duties, then all I can say is that this person is worth his/her weight in gold. I'd luv to learn how they mange to do £$%& all all day and still get paid, me thinks there's a book there to be written ;-)

Activity: 77
lol Searing i think he has you on ignore  Wink
Jump to: