Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 189. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Agreed that they really need to provide a bit more proof of tech before collecting balances. I'm leaning towards not paying mine and seeing what happens.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
this thread gets more epic every day
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Has AT covered the CE certification issue anywhere on their forum?

If not, I would absolutely call them a scam or a failure, and they're already skirting the legal issue arena as it is with changing their terms.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Hey Searing, could you clarify the Amex protection?

I'm not sure how it works in the states but in the UK, not all CC companies are jointly liable when using chargeback, its not the same as section 75 of the consumer credit act where they are.

What this means is you have to recover the money from the company, through their bank.. The CC company is not legally required to pay it back themselves. This means if Alpha dispute your claim, ie they say their terms and conditions state delivery in Q2/ Q3 not specifically July, or they go bankrupt and the money is not recoverable. You may not receive a penny.

You should also note that Alpha are claiming they only sell to businesses and you are not a consumer it their eyes, so you should ask Amex to clarify its position on chargebacks for business purchases.

Any UK customers need to keep this in mind when paying with a credit card. You also need to know, going through a third party processor ie paypal or payza negates section 75 protection and possibly chargeback protection so check with your CC company.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
It's interesting to note. Most of the dyed in the wool Alpha evangelists have left the public forums and retreated to the safety of the Alpha forums. They only stick their heads out to defend the weakest Alpha criticisms. They seem to be in a completely different world over there, protected by Alpha's ban hammer.

One of them actually said, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I hope more people cancel so there will be less Alpha customers eating into my profits". Really? If more people cancel, Alpha fold. This seems to have escaped him.

Another said "lol KNC are releasing batch 2 a month after batch 1. I feel sorry for KNC customers" As if KNC units only mine "KNC coin" and only KNC customer will be affected by this  Roll Eyes

I'm not sure if you have to be willfully ignorant to be an Alpha customer or being an Alpha customer makes you willfully ignorant.

There only seem to be a few Alpha customers (Searing is one) who aren't just holding hands, singing Kum Ba Yah and praying Alpha delivery as promised, despite the mounting evidence to the contrary.

Actually this is more my speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

if the dressing up as a girlie girl would help I'd post a pic to alpha

anyway...as stated before I'm only in it with a vyper 50mh down 667 usd ..if i got a refund now according to their terms after penalty
I'd get like 217 bucks back

IF they do get a credit card method going here in a week or so ..I MAY pay them the other 1670 bucks or so usd....BECAUSE I have 60 days under Amex to get a refund on that last 70% payment...

if they don't follow thru I lose the 217 bucks I COULDA GOT and lose 667 usd but get the 1670 back via 'non-delivery' within the stated timeline (ie amex may require web pages/other info to prove ..chat room stuff ..any will do just to show that they said July 2014..no biggie likely amex would just refund on my word it did not arrive and I want my refund..according to the amex lady..it an't there yet you can refund.

So if alpha comes thru we are golden!

If alpha does not go thru I'm out 217 bucks I coulda got back now, but with 450 of it gone either way ..what diff does it make

Hope it all works out..if not well ..then I'm screwed out of 450 bucks at this point anyway another 217 an't gonna hurt all that much
more

but man they an't getting squat if they don't get credit card ordering up as they state..I'll walk....

last point to be fair here I have a Titan on order 300mh ..they have already said that it will likely be Aug for my batch 1 order and 350mh
so to me all this is kinda/sorta moot...I should/could walk now and may not get ROI out of my Vyper 50mh if alpha does come thru..

but I gave my word I will live up to it..if they offer cc and ship it in July...but truthfully if Titans start pop'ing out at 350mh 1st part of august as seems possilbe at 2500 in 2 weeks like the last time knc moved 28mm stuff...well ....the alpha toy will be a novelty (at 375 watts could do something with it i guess)

so up to alpha they ship July i have some cc protection that they don't intentionally or thru bad luck have a couple months of BFL drama...in a NO shipping kinda delay..and all is good

good intentions aside.....a lot of stuff has to work right for them in the next month or so imho..they are legit I understood the risks on the 30% down..but with them initially taking payal ..taking credit cards with the same protections on the last 70% of my order is not unreasonable in that they no longer take paypal imho

still think they will ship (just not sure about july sorry to say)

Searing

It's interesting to note. Most of the dyed in the wool Alpha evangelists have left the public forums and retreated to the safety of the Alpha forums. They only stick their heads out to defend the weakest Alpha criticisms. They seem to be in a completely different world over there, protected by Alpha's ban hammer.

One of them actually said, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I hope more people cancel so there will be less Alpha customers eating into my profits". Really? If more people cancel, Alpha fold. This seems to have escaped him.

Another said "lol KNC are releasing batch 2 a month after batch 1. I feel sorry for KNC customers" As if KNC units only mine "KNC coin" and only KNC customer will be affected by this  Roll Eyes

I'm not sure if you have to be willfully ignorant to be an Alpha customer or being an Alpha customer makes you willfully ignorant.

There only seem to be a few Alpha customers (Searing is one) who aren't just holding hands, singing Kum Ba Yah and praying Alpha delivery as promised, despite the mounting evidence to the contrary.
Have Dexcel Designs deleted the Alpha Technology 'partnership' story from their news section? Or it was moved somewhere else? Older and newer news are still there.

http://dexceldesigns.com/news_events.html

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.0

Still a partner but the barrage of emails got to them.
https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.msg3978#msg3978

What an absolutely lame excuse. Blaming YOU, The Crypto Community. Apparently everyone that contacted Dexcel was an angry, abusive, racist. Otherwise I'm sure they would have just added a short update to their News page and stopped all the emails and calls in their tracks. But the racists would have won I guess.

No updates about tapeout, case design, Fab, certification etc. But the CEO takes time from his busy day to blame you for Dexcel pissing off. What a joke outfit these guys are.

Dexcel could have issued a press release or a joint statement asking for restraint or saying their part of the process was concluded, but no, they remove all trace of Alpha from their site and ask Alpha to remove Dexcel from theirs. This really doesn't pass the smell test.

The more likely story is Alpha cannot pay its bills and Dexcel have terminated their relationship. But as ever there is some serious wishful thinking from the Alpha evangelists. Still dodging the massive elephant in the room that July delivery is almost certainly impossible.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Luckily for Alpha their phone line is broken currently so they can work in peace. Smiley

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=481.0

Second good news is that there is high chance, that chips adjusted themselves a bit, suspecting how hot there would be in a small case, and agreed unanimously to consume less energy without further resistance. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Have Dexcel Designs deleted the Alpha Technology 'partnership' story from their news section? Or it was moved somewhere else? Older and newer news are still there.

Activity: 80

Oh dear it would appear their partnership has broken down. In fact if you do any google searches for alpha and dexcel, all links lead to nowhere!!!

This looks terminal.

What a huge scam is this?
Activity: 107

Oh dear it would appear their partnership has broken down. In fact if you do any google searches for alpha and dexcel, all links lead to nowhere!!!

This looks terminal.
copper member
Clueless!
Thanks Searing for doing the exercise, please keep trying to contact them and find out what is going on, and update us when payments by Amex are required.

Honestly if AT were trustworthy they would send a 100% invoice now to pay by CC so we can get a 100% refund from CC if they bail, but then we would have paid 130%. So they have to send us the 30% back. Thanks to CC protection, I'd be happy to be the first to pay the 100% and trust them on returning the 30% after. But unfortunately it seems their partnership with Dexcel has been terminated so not sure about this.

$216 is too little for the joy of being able to sue if they bail.

yeah again according to their terms 667.32 and getting only 217 or so back...just looking at a way to hedge my bets if they pull it all together....

again for all i know amex could hedge on this cause it is bitcoin or some such....everything has a risk..

but if they do get a unit out in time ...fine...less mental gymnastics by me on what to do

if they do not get a unit out i'm out 217 bucks or so i coulda refunded on and the 70% from cc protection and amex

of course they could have a cc option by some fly by nite card i never heard of...or not take amex or some such

well in that case i'm out 217 bucks with the knowledge they pull that kinda stunt or now say wire xfer only...well that is a 217 red flag that will mean

"run away run away"

in the manner of the video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk

i've lost 217 bucks on dumber things without any kind of backup/alarm or other situation to warn me to do above!

Searing
Activity: 84

Activity: 77
Thanks Searing for doing the exercise, please keep trying to contact them and find out what is going on, and update us when payments by Amex are accepted.

Honestly if AT were trustworthy they would send a 100% invoice now to pay by CC so we can get a 100% refund from CC if they bail, but then we would have paid 130%. So they have to send us the 30% back. Thanks to CC protection, I'd be happy to be the first to pay the 100% and trust them on returning the 30% after. But unfortunately it seems their partnership with Dexcel has been terminated so not sure about this.

$216 is too little for the joy of being able to sue if they bail.
copper member
Clueless!
It troubles me that they're not diligent about responding to support emails. Payza not available where I'm at and they won't respond to support emails. For this reason I may just let the second payment lapse, I might just rather hold onto that 2.5 BTC and see what happens.

Well assuming we CAN REFUND  the alpha terms say 5 months since ordering (see below)

According to their terms (5 months) they do not need to refund at this time (I think they are however but who knows?) here are the terms from their page below

Up to 1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit, less the cancellation fee, will be refunded.

More than 1 month and up to 3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit, less the cancellation fee, will be refunded.

More than 3 months and up to 5 months after receipt of payment : 50% of the deposit, less the cancellation fee, will be refunded.

On cancellation you will also be required to pay a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges. We will deduct the cancellation fee from the amount due to be refunded to you in accordance with the terms above before we process the refund.

end quote

well i found out 'some?" good news on my 30% down the $405 British Pounds I put down for a Vyper 50mh..(and still have NOT committed to gonna pay by credit card so i have 60 days to bail via amex on the last 70% if need be and/or decide just not to pay when they say cc and all $$ due an't sure yet)

anyway the good news is I thought the 405 British Pounds 30% down payment was around 800 usd...looked up paypal amount and it was exchange rate
wise in Jan when i paid 667.32 usd (hey an't much but something) if i refunded now at 50% loss 333.66 usd with and additional 70 British Pound penalty of $117.31 so a total loss of  $450.97..take that from 667.32 I'd get a whopping $216.35 usd back out of my $667.32..again assuming they still allow refunds in that it has been more then 5 months...so even that may no longer be an option for us (alpha terms below)           

Now the total to pay yet is 979.99 British Pounds or $1622.48 todays rates should i choose to pay

I called up Amex and asked them if I would have to pay if i decided to refund/dispute because the item did not arrive on time...the nice Amex lady said that is not a problem..you don't get it in the time frame or close to they say...you can get a refund....hmmmmm....

but right now with on my 667.32 down payment only looking at getting $216.35usd back it hardly pays.a LOSS of $450.97..so I guess I can gamble the $$ I could get back of $216.35 and a credit card order amex (with cc protection of 60 days ) and see how  I COULD JUST PAY OFF THE LAST 70% with Amex
have 60 days to change my mind in case they do get their act together...and a slim chance of getting the original jan 30% down all back as well if they went belly up

or they go belly up and I lose the 216.35 I coulda got in a refund process with alpha? and amex gives me back the $$ for the last 70% if alpha fails in their promises of July

what the heck ...assuming the amex credit card lady is correct and I can return stuff for not arriving in time..the risk is minimal...i'd have 60 days from payment...and I .may just do it see how it pans out..if it is all gasp "a trap!"
I will then run like the small child I am and 'tattle' to Amex if they try to keep my $$$ w/o delivering on their timeline! (hey i bought from BFL I have little sense that has been proven)

At this point in time with the cc option and amex (assuming they ever allow us to do such) I'll have up to 60 days of fence sitting before getting my $$ back

anyway those are my options (if/when) they get the credit card option up on their site to pay the last 70%

but truthfully full refund I'd have punted by now..good faith or not on alpha's part..it is not looking too rosy

*yea..more fence sitting for another month zowie!)

anyway my take on this

Searing
Activity: 80
How do you apply for refund?
Might not be able to get a refund at this point. Their ToS says the window for refund is within 5 months of the initial deposit.

If you are UK/EU based it might be possible due to consumer/business protection laws.

i decided to not pay the rest of my order.. i sent them an email yesterday to ask them a refund of the initial deposit.

do you know guys where can we write to obtain consumer/business protection?
Activity: 323
Might not be able to get a refund at this point. Their ToS says the window for refund is within 5 months of the initial deposit.

If you are UK/EU based it might be possible due to consumer/business protection laws.
Activity: 64
Hey all,

So most of you didn't pay yet, right?

I am about to pay the remaining, but just read posts here... wondering Huh they also don't  respond right? Sent an email a few days ago, no reply ...

I wouldn't pay them a penny more. I'd be looking at a refund right about now. I read on the Alpha forum earlier that only 40% had paid according to Fiaz. I'd say that was optimistic and still probably not enough to get them over the finish line.

Also Fiaz says CC payments will be available next week. If that happens I think more people will pay hoping they get payment protection. But as no announcements have been made we have to assume Alpha are waiting on payments to make up the financial shortfall so they can finish paying for the chips and other components they need.
If so there is absolutely no way you will be  getting your asics in July.  Just look at their timeline to see how far off they are (https://alpha-t.net/news/timeline/). They haven't even completed fab on their enclosure yet, let alone their chips. And what about certification?

They should be in system assembly and testing next week  to meet their stated delivery date. There is absolutely no way that is going to happen. Your ROI window starts diminishing rapidly the closer you get to KNC rollout.

Not to mention Alpha are going to rush this thing out using "risk lot" asic chips which calls reliability into question. But at the end of the day its your call.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
So which company is delivering a quality ASIC for scrypt? I'm considering it.
Jump to: