Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 203. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I got my email requesting the rest of the payment as well. I am really doubting whether I will make the payment or not. I think Alpha should first give us some more information:

- I have only seen some FPGA samples up to now. No proof of a working asic chip whatsoever. Come with some prototype videos of a HASHING device. A video/pictures of your manufacturing location would be nice as well.
- I want more details on the cloud hashing. As it stands now ~2340usd for 18mh/s (130usd/mh) is a decent deal when shipped NOW, in july it is probably about 10x to expensive. How much cloud hashing will we receive, what are your guarantees etc. You say that the reason of cloud hashing is to match competitors. Does this mean you will match ANY competitor shipping at the moment you do as well by adding free cloud hashing? And, if so, will we get the free hashing for 1 week, 1 month, a year? You really need to be more detailed.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Hey Fiaz -- At what point are the balances for miners going to be due? Will we see a working product before they are? July is coming up fast...

just received my email notice to pay the remainder.  £3,849.99 due by 05/06/2014
l

got mine too...but don't know kinda hard to shell the rest of the cash out without a 'tapeout' yet nor of course a prototype which is what they said
before they would ask for payment..

we could get BFL'd in all this ..even if it is with their best efforts

Searing

Hi there,

I did say we would try and we definitely wanted to do this as it seemed like the obvious approach at the time however after thoroughly analyzing our options to ship as efficiently as possible with our VP of ASIC development Eric Gunn we decided it was not the best approach if we want to ship ASAP. We did try to hold it off as much as possible (despite cries on this forum for final payment) but taking it now will allow us to order crucial components earlier so we can start large scale all at once. We will not be shipping slowly as we intend to have all units our within a time frame of 2 weeks. Traditionally sample chips are sent after tape-out then 1-2 months after that is when you get your wafer orders sent to you. What we have done is order the majority of our chips all at once with the tape-out, we paid extra for these (20% more) for speed. And getting these  chips with tape-out will take a little bit longer than normal but we will get a huge bulk of chips to assemble into devices so in the long-run we are shipping quicker. So we cannot demonstrate the product yet, if we had the chips to demonstrate a product we would have shipped units by now, this is the fastest way to get the product to you.

Where the final product is manufactured?
Activity: 323
Is Alpha Technology the first one to ship?
Waiting to hear how it pans out.
According to their webpages, Zeus and Lightning are already shipping.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P
Email announcement just received.

Greetings Miners!

We're happy to inform you that development is finalizing and we are on track for shipment in July. We will soon receive our chips at which time we will have finished up on development and can begin assembling the devices.

Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s).

The invoice for your order(s) have been sent via email to your registered email address. You will be able to pay the invoice by logging in to "My Account" on our website where you will find a "pending" order for the amount due.  A new order number has been created for the final payment. However, this number does not relate to your place in the queue; shipping is still based on your earliest order number.

Please note: All 25 Mh/s devices are now 90 Mh/s and 5 Mh/s are now 18 Mh/s, your invoice may show an older hash rate so do not worry just ignore this.

As stated earlier there is still some limited availability from unfulfilled orders so orders will now be open for anybody who would like to join batch 1. If existing customers would like to add to/upgrade their order they can do so by emailing [email protected].

We are once again pleased to be accepting credit card/debit card payments. Temporarily through Payza which, indeed, is not available in a couple of countries (including the US). We apologize for that. We are working with our bank to accept credit card payments *directly* through our bank (Lloyds Bank, Cardnet.) from all customers. That means you will not be sending a payment through a third party gateway (such as PayPal, Payza, MoneyBookers, etc.) anymore but directly through a highly trusted and accredited bank.

It will take us a few days to implement it as a new, and naturally mandatory, PCI-DSS compliance test will have to be performed by the bank, and the gateway needs to be programmed against their API.

Customers who in the meanwhile cannot, or do not wish to, pay with Payza can simply wait. This will not affect your client status, nor your place in the order queue/shipment priority.   

Should you have any questions, concerns or problems please feel free to contact us at any time. If it’s related to your order email [email protected] and if it's a general enquiry please email [email protected].

A reminder of the benefits of being a batch 1 customer: Being able to order first as well as free shipping for batch 2, 10% off any future batch of your choice and free cloud hashing from our cloud mining service (we are not ready to release details yet but know that the reason behind this is to match potential competition).

We would also like to use this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your continued patience and support during the development of our miners.

Alpha Technology Team
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Hey Fiaz -- At what point are the balances for miners going to be due? Will we see a working product before they are? July is coming up fast...

just received my email notice to pay the remainder.  £3,849.99 due by 05/06/2014
l

got mine too...but don't know kinda hard to shell the rest of the cash out without a 'tapeout' yet nor of course a prototype which is what they said
before they would ask for payment..

we could get BFL'd in all this ..even if it is with their best efforts

Searing
Activity: 322
Is Alpha Technology the first one to ship?
Waiting to hear how it pans out.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

just received my email notice to pay the remainder.  £3,849.99 due by 05/06/2014

If they are running non US dating then it means 6-5 whch would be two weeks from now.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 616

So then has tapeout completed? It would need to be done no later than the end of May (ie, in your hands before June) to really meet a safe July schedule.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!

That would be great. I just checked that update you state and it looks great too! Especially the WebGUI  Smiley

Let's see which ASIC manefactures are going to deliver on time; many of them stated Q2 / Q3 as shipping period.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Activity: 420
Ok, thanks for the update. I still have two questions however:

- What is the current planning? Still on track?
- I was hoping to get some more info on the extra cloud hashing. Any info about that?
You guys have claimed recently that you're still on original schedule which, I think, was delivery for July. I might be wrong, correct me if so.

If this is the case, then point #5 bothers me. The PCB layout is only partially complete?

Further, where's the tapeout information? You guys should be completing that now and using June for workup and final tweaking.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Sell Alpha Technology Viper 16 MH/s Scrypt Miner (Batch 1) PREORDER
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6684160
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Everyone should be getting big bump-ups!  Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Great to to see more announcements like this   Kiss
Updates ? Tapeout ?

For June/July delivery as mentioned before (I believe), your tapeout should be completing or nearing its closure in the next week or so.

Regarding the cloud hashing, good proposal, but I think what you should do is to promise cloud hashing to the end user -- until you can ship them the equivalent mining gear. In other words if they're getting 16mh but they're "owed" 32mh, you cloud them the 16mh difference until you can build a physical machine for them.

Because, as the poster above pointed out, the cloud game will come to an end at some point. Even KNC knows this. It's also easier to just hand a customer a box than to deal with uptime on the hosted equipment.

Also, you're going to have to up your "promised" total hash to end users. There are machines finishing tape out which produce more than prior projections.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
While everybody is waiting (no news is bad news in crypto), would someone share some thought on the following:

CEX.io and Altpha-t clouds will collect fees in crypto, say 100% of the fees is to pay for electricity and fix problems, 0% for profit.

Say they solve one block every 30 minutes average, 2% of 25 BTC is 0.5 BTC or say at $500/BTC = $250 / 30 mins = $360,000 per month.

The cost of electricity and repairs MUST be paid otherwise the service stops, currently at $0.26 / GHs / month including maintenance as per CEX.io count on their fees page.

This means they can run 360,000 / 0.26 = 1.4 PHs only. If they run less, they make profit, if they run more, they lose (assuming the average of finding blocks will not change much from one every 30 mins, i.e. their share of total blocks found).

Because They have to pay the bills in fiat, and assuming they will run 1.4 PHs (probably CEX.io alone is more than that now, their own equipment, not users hosted hardware), means $360,000 worth of BTC are being dumped in the market each month and John and Jane Doe are buying and holding them, but how much can common people hold BTC, if every month $360,000 worth is being forcibly dumped (must sell, any price) by only these two, forget btcguild, eclipse etc. etc.

I think this is what is keeping the price of BTC down, but the devaluation will be more on Scrypt, which has far less buyers for fiat, so all fiat buyers will be very quickly saturated and LTC/BTC will drop further: why would i take your LTCs for my BTCs if the $ value of your LTC is going down. The $ price will only go up if there is demand for it, which at present is very limited, particularly with these currencies being hoarded like assets and not traded for exchange of goods and services as currencies would, at least not in any significant scale of legal operations.

Bottom line: the long term cloud mining and miners wanting ever increasing hashing power are two contradictory requirements that will have to balance. The idea of BTC was that the blockchain would be created funded by n users, n being in the order of a few million; one user running a large operation and funding the operation from the outcome of the mining is not doing anyone, including himself, any favors.

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Is everyone seeing all the Mega Scrypt Miners popping up all over?!!

mining-asics-technologies:.com - $10,000 for 250mh/s (Q3/Q4)
Zeus - $10,000 for 72 mh/s (end of may)
Alpha - $10k for 90mh/s (sold out)
ZoomHash.com - $12k for 88mg/s
KnC - $10,000 for 300mh/s (q2/q3)

This is out of control! Not sure whos's fake or who will deliver on time, but the market is getting flooded fast!

Jump to: