Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 205. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Not sure why all the doom and gloom. I reckon most gpu's farms will be shut down within a month of asic arrival so there will be a balancing effect.

But for me the most compelling reason not to panic is the sheer number of scrypt coins which will spread the asic load.

There's two ways this plays out to my mind. Cryptos either rise in value to sustain mining over the long term or they devalue to being worthless and disappear. So I would suggest you pick a coin, mine it and sell only what you need and hold the rest. I think mining for what you will earn now is a very short sighted way of looking at things and the wild swings in value will cause you sleepless nights.

I've just bought another titan, so that's three in all and I'm confident I'll easily make back the coins I spent. The fiat worth doesn't matter to me at the moment as I won't be selling them any time soon. BTW don't trust profit projection scripts. I've yet to find one that has been accurate over the long term.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
On buying and holding, yeah with as low as LTC has been the past few days.. I can sell part of my GPU farm and use the money to buy more LTC now, than I could if I used it to get ASIC and mine over the next 8 months. By then, it will no doubt go up.

Has anyone run the math on how much PH KNC's batch 1 offerings will add to litecoin? It's mind blowing haha.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
If (like me) you have monarchs on preorder from BFshit then no matter how thick we are we won't pre-order

er thats the problem...finding out at this age that i am a closet optimist is embarassing

bfl sent me an email i'd get 5k back on my monarch...tax lady cpa said if i kept my neptune order knc i'd get 2k off my taxes (home business
irs etc etc)

so me being a closet optimist i converted my neptune order (too little too late) to a titan order

what could go wrong ..er right? 2k off the titan on taxes i would have had to pay 2013 (usa) and 5K back from BFL ....all is great right? (er not so much)

bfl has class action suit i find out the  next week (which i'm sure i'd get an email now saying "due to circumstances beyond our control we resend our offer of refund" imho likely

and

today KNC announces a whole sh*t load of mini-titans 150mh vs 300mh all to be released along side my orig Titan batch order

so my titan is 'poof' .....lost 1/3 of its value in one clean sweep..due to a 1/3 equip dump shipping same time as the orig titan order i got

alas it was all so clear with my bfl refund of 'found money' of 5K from monarch puragatory....and the 2k off on the titan as a hedge for taxes this year because paid for on last years tax return"...so essentially the titan was a deal at 8k sorta...

er...me thinks that did not work to well

i suppose this week www.alpha-t.net will announce they need their 70% repaid asap just to round out the last 2 weeks

i should have my head examined

Searing
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
If (like me) you have monarchs on preorder from BFshit then no matter how thick we are we won't pre-order
copper member
Clueless!
Knowing KNC, I wouldn't be surprised to see the final unit at or above 400mh, and their next batch doing even better.

yeah well don't assume i have all the answers i have an alpha 16mh and a Titan 300mh (so far mh wise) on order

BUT

KNC just annouced mini-titan at 150mh (so far mh wise) and they will ...wait for it....

release this one at the same time as my Titan order from before

ie.....my Titan just became 1/3 less valuable cause they just released a crap load more mini-titans etc and i'm sure a 2nd
batch 300mh titan release is also out there soon

its like trying to stay ahead of a speeding car..no hope on all the equip/diff rises etc

probably better off in the future just buying coins and holding them...this strategy of buying a 'pre-order' machine and holding it (w/o refunds now)
has lost all its charm...i used to use this as a hedge (ie dump extra units for refund) but now KNC offers NO REFUNDS on its batch 3 Neptunes and/or
Titans etc

sigh

2015 guess i will just be buying coins no longer  a miner...made little sense this year will make no sense next year (even if i could afford the only commercial products
available then imho)

anyhoo

the fickle finger of fate once f**k*d moves on! Smiley

(you'd think eventually i'd learn......duh)

Searing
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
So, started in May 2014, expected shipping 14months later in July 2014. I guess thats enough time, this would be very exciting

Come on and update us: 'Last Active:   March 30, 2014, 01:06:40 PM'
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
If someone with credibility claims to match the competition then the simple thing is to offer discount voucher in the difference of ghs on their next product. It is so simple that you really have to be wanting not to match the competition in other not to do it
Activity: 616
Knowing KNC, I wouldn't be surprised to see the final unit at or above 400mh, and their next batch doing even better.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
KnC has increased the spec of their $10k machine to 300 MH/s -- sorta expected that.

INteresting, let's see how everyone else responds ...
copper member
Clueless!
KnC has increased the spec of their $10k machine to 300 MH/s -- sorta expected that.

well they have 2500 300mh Titan's which 1/2 are sold

they are making a mini-titan

http://www.vnbitcoin.org/detailcalculationltc.php?name=Kncminer_Mini_Titan_150_Mh&startdate=2014-07-15&costperunit=5495&wattperhour=500&gigahazarate=150000&daytoincrease=3&testlopfirst=3&diffincrement=3&bitcoinperdollar=11.39&electriccostinput=.15&begindifflevel=14740.473716038&live=live

same timeline as 1st titan Q2/Q3    at 150mh

also 2500 of the beasts...mini Titan that is none sold so far

so much for my ROI on  a Titan (not to mention my alpha order 16mh ouch)......guess the purchases of last year to 2014 are gonna
haunt me (no refunds)...oh well ...guess I'll buy coin from now on..don't seem to be worth mining into 2015 imho at this rate

knc Titan page (both)

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware

Searing
Activity: 574
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Latest news:

https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-14042014/

You can follow the link for the full developmental update including images but I will copy the most important part here:

Tape-Out

We are currently initiating tape-out at Global Foundries, meaning our chip design has been finalized and sent to the foundry for fabrication. This means we have now passed one of the biggest milestones for our development and we are very grateful you have brought us to this point. Rest assured this does not mean we will be resting while we are waiting for the chips, we intend to complete production as fast as possible and will continue to keep you informed every step of the way so stay tuned!

By the way for all those interested in ordering we have temporarily closed orders for batch 1 until we have a payment processor running, they should be back open in a week or so, you can sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of our site so be notified as soon as this happens.

Tape-out ...that's a good thing
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P
Just read this over at Alpha-T forums: http://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=344.msg2185#msg2185 

Mr Mohammed Jafar Akram's appointment as Finance Director with Alpha Technology was for a limited time period to get things running, and he has stepped down as expected on 5th April 2014. He is still very much employed by the company, he is just no longer a director.

Mr Mohammed Jafar Akram is currently in full time employment at another company. He will however continue to work on a part time basis with Alpha Technology in a less honorous role.

Alpha Technology have engaged an external firm of reputable Chartered Accountants, Auditors and Tax Advisers to take care of most of the financial operations previously carried out by Mr Mohammed Jafar Akram.

Rest assured this is purely an internal business change with respect to the finance department of Alpha Technology.

The operations team is still the same with Mohammed Mubasher Akram, the managing director heading the operations of the company.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Mwa Ha Haaa!!!

After legitimately needing to refund my  deposit, i have followed these guys with considerable interest towards placing an (re-)order

The huge amount of spam i received after requesting the refund was shocking but easily deletable.

Now i see they are banning people on their forum i think i wont be bothering to re-order at any time soon.

Fiaz, whats your version of events regarding Souleye?

and how about this -

Document: TM01 - Termination of appointment of director
APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR MOHAMMED AKRAM
Filed on: 06 Apr 2014

Worth mentioning??
legendary
Activity: 1022
Wow..there's people out there still dealing with these shonky operators?

Looking at their products page I notice it now says:

Viper (Scrypt) Miner (16Mh/s)

£405.00

30% Deposit Required: £405

So up until this point, I read this as the total cost of the unit = £405 though a 30% deposit is payable..but then we read further and it says:

Total price: £1350 (Excl. VAT) Remainder will need to be paid 8-10 weeks before shipment. Shipment will be extra, which shall be notified during final payment.

So now even their ads/webpage is misleading..lol

I wouldnt buy a crumpet from this bunch of con artists let alone a £1350 miner...

just wow...

Not only am I typing slow, but I'm gonna try to "point out" the idiocy in what people see when they read your posts.

So let me get this straight..

You are not only a fool that believes the crap put out by these con artists, but your also one of those people that actually accepts these forum trust ratings as fact?

Obviously there are some feeble minded idiots in this thread, but you mate are the King of fools.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
Why the F does anyone buy ASIC when you can move on with a GPU to new algorithms and keep your profits consistent?

ASIC resale value in one year 10% of original cost
GPU resale value in one year 80% of original cost

Don't think so? Look at the suckers on eBay trying to sell their Jalepeno and Antminers for a ton less than they paid already because they barely make $1/day. Look at 2 year old GPU prices on eBAy, min 80% of MSRP.

ASICs arrive when the seller is sure the difficulty is increased enough for it to be worthless for the SELLER to use them, so he ships them in a box to you.

Why would anyone bother with ASIC? Because power consumption is at least 10 times lower is one reason, even with Gridseed. Agreed there's no resale value - your profit is in what you hope to mine. When they are no longer profitable, pull the plug and toss 'em. Also, very much doubt you will get 80% back on your thrashed old GPU's - it's hard to move relatively new ones at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

£405.00

So up until this point, I read this as the total cost of the unit = £405 though a 30% deposit is payable..but then we read further and it says:

Total price: £1350 (Excl. VAT) Remainder will need to be paid 8-10 weeks before shipment. Shipment will be extra, which shall be notified during final payment.

I wouldnt buy a crumpet from this bunch of con artists let alone a £1350 miner...

just wow...

Not only am I typing slow, but I'm gonna try to "point out" the idiocy in what people see when they read your posts.

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
warranty 2 years if bought inside EU, its EU law.
legendary
Activity: 1022

£405.00

just wow...
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Why the F does anyone buy ASIC when you can move on with a GPU to new algorithms and keep your profits consistent?

ASIC resale value in one year 10% of original cost
GPU resale value in one year 80% of original cost

Don't think so? Look at the suckers on eBay trying to sell their Jalepeno and Antminers for a ton less than they paid already because they barely make $1/day. Look at 2 year old GPU prices on eBAy, min 80% of MSRP.

ASICs arrive when the seller is sure the difficulty is increased enough for it to be worthless for the SELLER to use them, so he ships them in a box to you.
Jump to: