Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 209. (Read 529054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
I am guessing KNC will deliver closer to 500 mhs in the Titan and will pull a surprise on delivery dates too.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
All those who complain about the negative effects of ASICs on decentralization fail to realize that in no time at all (1-2 years) ASIC prices will be like GPU prices today and everybody will have several in their basement/garage/wherever.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
My thoughts are this could be a bluff by KNC, or they could be telling the truth no other option really, but Alpha-T cannot keep up with changing the specs every minute.

Besides, from 100 to 250 MHs: something fishy.

I dont see it as a bluff, tehy know the competitors in the space and are trying to feel out what everyone really has.  Fibonacci quickly matched their speed/prices and hinted that they still have room to up it even more if they need to do so ...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
This is getting crazy, 100Mh/s to 250Mh/s?Huh

This might cause a huge drop in the difficulty as the day approaches and affect the price as well. A bit scary here.
Perhaps we see a rush to coins like VERT and QUARK.

Still, KNC has to deliver around the time of Alpha Technology for it to be a shocker. If it is 2 months later, then not a huge deal, but would still suck for Alpha Tech customers as they would only have 2 real months to mine, or whatever the lead advantage is.

Will be interesting to see what Alpha Tech says now. I mean is what KNC is saying even possible? Is it so cheap for them to produce that they are essentially sending 2 machines to hurt companies like Alpha Tech???

The experiment continues

IAS

I was a Gen-1 Jupiter customer with KnC and while I already have an order with Alpha-T, I have more faith in KnC because they have an established track record. When I purchased my Jupiter, the promised spec was 300 Gh/s, when I received it, after subsequent performance enhancement announcements, it ran at 525 Gh/s. Their motto is under-promise, over-deliver. It would not surprise me if their finished product ran at 300 Mh/s after further optimization. The problem now is where to come up with the $10k.

I can't play the mining game anymore. This is my last venture. Would be nice if KNC Miner made a $1000 miner, but why when they sell the 10k miners? Decentralization imo.

I really see VERT and/or Quark like coins starting to move as all those GPU's will find new homes. Also, Doge will be affected by this. I still don't like it since it is so inflated relatively speaking.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
So can someone tell me approximately what specific amount I would receive if I requested a refund for my order of one 5 (or 16) Mh/s unit? I'm eligible for 75% of the deposit, but there's a flat rate charge on top of it too?  Thanks...
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
I read somewhere KNC are using the 20nm technology they are developing for their Neptunes in their scrypt asics. That's why they can output such a high hashrate at such low power consumption and still deliver Q2/Q3.
My guess knowing KNC is their devices will be nearer 300mhs when shipped. Knc also dramatically lower their batch 2 prices as well. Game on
Activity: 574

This might cause a huge drop in the difficulty as the day approaches and affect the price as well. A bit scary here.

Still, KNC has to deliver around the time of Alpha Technology for it to be a shocker. If it is 2 months later, then not a huge deal, but would still suck for Alpha Tech customers as they would only have 2 real months to mine, or whatever the lead advantage is.

Will be interesting to see what Alpha Tech says now. I mean is what KNC is saying even possible? Is it so cheap for them to produce that they are essentially sending 2 machines to hurt companies like Alpha Tech???

The experiment continues

IAS

I was a Gen-1 Jupiter customer with KnC and while I already have an order with Alpha-T, I have more faith in KnC because they have an established track record. When I purchased my Jupiter, the promised spec was 300 Gh/s, when I received it, after subsequent performance enhancement announcements, it ran at 525 Gh/s. Their motto is under-promise, over-deliver. It would not surprise me if their finished product ran at 300 Mh/s after further optimization. The problem now is where to come up with the $10k.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

The experiment continues

IAS
legendary
KGW/DGW will eat these heavy-weight miners alive.

The vanilla Scrypt non-KGW/DGW coins better get a whole lot more profitable real quick cause that's gonna be about all these miners will be able to mine on.

There'll be plenty of profitable scrypt coins around ... it all depends who can ship out first and get the low hanging fruit
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
My thoughts are this could be a bluff by KNC, or they could be telling the truth no other option really, but Alpha-T cannot keep up with changing the specs every minute.

So if I were Alpha-T i would cap the upgrade, say 16 MHs becomes 25-30 MHs and 90 MHs becomes 150-180 MHs (the maximum they can do without delaying the project), and then to keep with the commitment on which they made the sale that they will meet competition, at delivery date they assess who in the market is delivering what and:

1. They offer second free unit to be delivered with the unit ordered.
2. They offer 50% discount.
3. They offer a larger free unit at the end of batch 2.

Just look at BFL: people who ordered the Monarch are now getting: Imperial Monarch + another free unit at the end of the batch.

They key point is to finish on time, so that we can mine the KNC customers out of any possible profit. In fact Alpha-T can keep batch 1 orders open until large scale production starts: the more miners with Alpha-T the less returns for KNC customers.

With powerful ASIC miners delivered to you first, you can do solo mining!

actually knc is known to do this my jupiter was orig gonna be 150gh i think really soon after that it was 250 it showed up at 555gh some even more

so this is in the ball park for them..their motto is 'under promise, over deliver"

so far they have been true to that

Searing
legendary
Activity: 854
KGW/DGW will eat these heavy-weight miners alive.

The vanilla Scrypt non-KGW/DGW coins better get a whole lot more profitable real quick cause that's gonna be about all these miners will be able to mine on.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116

So if I were Alpha-T i would cap the upgrade, say 16 MHs becomes 25-30 MHs and 90 MHs becomes 150-180 MHs (the maximum they can do without delaying the project), and then to keep with the commitment on which they made the sale that they will meet competition, at delivery date they assess who in the market is delivering what and:

1. They offer second free unit to be delivered with the unit ordered.
2. They offer 50% discount.
3. They offer a larger free unit at the end of batch 2.

Just look at BFL: people who ordered the Monarch are now getting: Imperial Monarch + another free unit at the end of the batch.

They key point is to finish on time, so that we can mine the KNC customers out of any possible profit. In fact Alpha-T can keep batch 1 orders open until large scale production starts: the more miners with Alpha-T the less returns for KNC customers.

With powerful ASIC miners delivered to you first, you can do solo mining!
legendary
Will alpha-T up the ante as well?

This is getting interesting
Alpha-T will show us the way. Somehow I'm full of confidence!
legendary
Activity: 854
Yikes, 250mhs @ 1kw for 10 grand?  You would need ~714 Gridseeds operating at ~350khs and costing $143k @ $200 per to match that!

To match this KnC Titan miner at a 1:1 cost ratio, a single Gridseed would need to drop down to $14-16 each.  This is assuming the Titan does pull 250mhs @ 10k and the Gridseed pulling 350khs.

Activity: 602
KNC just went up to 250mh instead of 100.
And thus 16 MHs become 32 Mhs and 90 MHs become 180 MHs

but the power consumption of the KNC sucks
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I will just leave this here: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-80

You are up against a monster boys...better hurry.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
To The Moon!
Activity: 980
Just an update on the tax situation for all you folks in the US. The IRS announced yesterday that crypto's are taxable and mining is a taxable income even if you don't sell the coins.

Here's the link. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/25/irs-virtual-currency-guidance-bitcoin-treated-as-property-u-s-federal-tax-purposes/

I'd be interested to see how they will enforce this but it's not great news if you're in the US and its probably only a matter of time before other countries try to cash in too.

I think its positive that the US do not outright ban btc like other countries.... This would be more devastating to btc more than having to pay taxes
Jump to: