Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 240. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively.

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.

Like you say it's common amongst some cultures to share the same name. Not surprised by this at all. Father and two sons quite feasibly.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively.

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.
Activity: 56
I am worried about them being a scammer! Their website definitely lacks persona info on who the people behind the company are, such as names of CEO, founder, owner, etc and potential pictures of those personas. Also doing a google search on them, they did change company names 4 times and director names changed 3 times. They used to be originally an accounting firm and now an engineering firm. Overall it looks like there is only one person behind Alpha Technologies, and that is mainly and only Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively. The address also changed by two number, which could have been just a typo in registry or something else.
Googling the address on their website will give you a different location of the store, which is house number 78 by the way (just fyi for googles non accuracy of location).

This could only go 50/50. Either they are a true startup company in a new industry or they are well prepared for a scam and use Dexcel Designs as a way to look legit, even when the contract between the two is legit. They may be scammed themselves down the road or get some kind of R&D fee but never produce the final product for shipment.

Just beware and do it on your own risk of course but be cautious.

It would be nice if Alpha Technologies is truly legit, they would show their faces and show proof of who they are, where they work (environment) and give us some hope. A picture alone does not suffice as I could find pictures of anyone on the web and claim to be them. Give us a clear video of the store front, your persona (with actual voice recording of you speaking, giving an intro) and any other employees with your true background and intentions/mission statements so that more people could be convinced that this is more legit.
Activity: 11

With that in mind, a 30% BTC upfront preorder isn't that much to risk, and if the company seems to go south.. you're out 30% instead of 100% other companies over the past couple of years have demanded.

I disagree, they ask for the payment of the remaining 70% 8-10 weeks before shipment, so you'll lose 100% if it's a scam
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I'm not sure if this was asked before. By the time they deliver the units, wouldn't the difficulty rate be at a point which would render the 5mhs or 25mhs you're getting useless?

The asics will not provide and exponential hash rate increase like we've seen with sha-256. In fact GPU's will be able to compete as far as hashing power goes, but the Asic will win on less energy consumption so the electric bill wont be so astronomical.

^-- This is the best reason for these machines. If I can cut down from using 100amps of power and get the same--even more--hashrate.. I'd be super thrilled.

Yeah great at what expense though? That is a hefty price to pay for a cut in the energy bill, upfront, and who knows where the price will be next year.

If I examine it purely from an electric bill standpoint, the unit would pay for itself instantly as soon as it began mining. How could you not see the benefit? Even if the machine only mined at half the estimated speed and took up 1,000watts, it's still ahead of the game. At least for me. I use scryptmining to pay for its electric bill, and to still provide profit. Something like this is a benefit, despite the cost.

You are all assuming that the company will deliver and will stand behind their promises. If they do deliver then yea, you will double your profit because you won't pay astronomical electric bills.

On the other hand but you are paying upfront 2-6 months in advance and that money isn't mining while you wait, meanwhile you could purchase GPUs and start mining, and by the 4 month mark your rig will have paid for itself even with the electric bills.

Keep funding them with your money for a promise that doesn't even have such a good return/risk ratio Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

In a situation like this, you should only risk what is acceptable to lose. Scryptmining has been /very/ lucrative for myself and others, especially among the recent pump/dump coins which have popped up making thousands of BTC.

With that in mind, a 30% BTC upfront preorder isn't that much to risk, and if the company seems to go south.. you're out 30% instead of 100% other companies over the past couple of years have demanded.

All the while, my systems are mining for me.. it's not a loss. It's also not for everyone. ASIC is coming to scrypt, be it through this organization or another, there are 3 different groups working on it. It's coming. It's not a bad deal to take a 30% risk on an unestablished company if you can risk it.
Activity: 623
Merit: 501
Anyway, I ordered a 5MH today. If all goes well, it will pay itself after 6 weeks or so. if I get scammed then it's my bad luck. BTC is going up anyway  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I don't understand why anyone pre-ordered... did anyone actually read the technical papers they posted? https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Scrypt_ASIC_Prototyping_Design_Document.pdf

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to the last page, it says right there that their two projected speeds for their two models are 510KH/s and 2 MH/s.  NOT 5MH/s and 25MH/s.  So worst case scenario you're getting scammed, best case scenario you're getting less than 1/10th what you paid for...

I believe you are looking at the hash rate for one chip, each running 128 cores at 600MHz which puts out 510KH/s. (1/2 MH/s)
Each chip is using up 5 watts, they state 100 watts for the 5MH/s Viper Miner, so that probably means it has 20 chips (100 watts).
510KH/s X 20 = 10,200 KH/s. That is 2X the stated amount of 5MH/s so I must have done something wrong! As that is too much.
Perhaps it just has 10 chips but the watts would be half the said 10 and I'm not sure where we could use the other 50???

Here is the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69P2RHG2pIA&t=02m28s
Activity: 38
I don't understand why anyone pre-ordered... did anyone actually read the technical papers they posted? https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Scrypt_ASIC_Prototyping_Design_Document.pdf

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to the last page, it says right there that their two projected speeds for their two models are 510KH/s and 2 MH/s.  NOT 5MH/s and 25MH/s.  So worst case scenario you're getting scammed, best case scenario you're getting less than 1/10th what you paid for...
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Way too many red flags here. I was going to buy but it is definitely looking bad. I rather keep my $3,000 USD. I advise others not to give them your hard earned cash to this company. If you want to scrypt mine, slowly get more GPUs. You are 100% risk fee because you will have the physical hardware and can sell any time.
Activity: 11
Interesting.........

Mohammed Akram terminated his directorship of Alpha on the 29th of December, then reissued it as Mohammed Jafar Akram , using Alpha's company address as his home address. Looking at the history of this company They have only been around as Alpha since 22nd July.
The company director has changed his name 3 times, Mohammed Akram, Mohammed Jafar Akram, Mohammed Mubasher Akram. Its moved addresses twice and asked to be stuck off. https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/Company/AllDocuments/alpha-technology-(int)

That's some shady shit.

such scam. wow.
Activity: 433
Interesting.........

Mohammed Akram terminated his directorship of Alpha on the 29th of December, then reissued it as Mohammed Jafar Akram , using Alpha's company address as his home address. Looking at the history of this company They have only been around as Alpha since 22nd July.
The company director has changed his name 3 times, Mohammed Akram, Mohammed Jafar Akram, Mohammed Mubasher Akram. Its moved addresses twice and asked to be stuck off. https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/Company/AllDocuments/alpha-technology-(int)

That's some shady shit.
Activity: 476
Here's Google Maps Streetview:

https://www.google.be/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-2.219968!3d53.452256!2m2!1f170.34!2f83.43!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1sLMPfryFnak8qKHBjQp7P_g!2e0!9m1!6sA6010!5m2!1sLMPfryFnak8qKHBjQp7P_g!2e0&fid=5

Before the billboard got added Smiley
Well I wish you the best.

In the interests of full disclosure I said exactly the same things about KNC and I was wrong. They later won me over with their meet and greet and their openness. I still didn't pre-order though. I bought in after they shipped and have made a very nice return on that investment. Granted not as much as batch one orders but more than enough to keep me happy.

I've invested bitcoin heavily in Cointerra and will invest in a scrypt Asic but this is pure profit, essentially "free" bitcoin so no capitol at risk. Hopefully KNC will pull their finger out an develop a scrypt asic. It would be nice to see a trusted name in the mix rather than all these six month old anonymous start ups.

I would buy an Alpha Asic after they have shipped but right now the risk/reward ratio is far too great for me. Even with "free" bitcoin. Good luck to those who have though. 
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
^^
Well that's nice for you to not have to worry about money and be able to gamble with it so recklessly. Most here aren't in that position.

I have made  a very tidy sum mining and trading BTC, LTC and PPC. I haven't lost a penny on any get rich quick scams though So I'm guessing my overall return % is far greater that yours.

I hope people read what you just posted and see the mindset and thinking it takes to "invest" in this. By all means recklessly gamble your way through life. But anyone here who plays blackjack will know a reckless player no matter how lucky will eventually lose his shirt to the house. You may be able to afford to do that. Most people here can't.

You are missing a bit of my point.
First - I'm not reckless. If I was reckless, would I be so in the green? Think about that. You think I'm just "lucky"? I spend time researching and use intuition to a great length, that last part is hard for people to grasp. Hence my rational and such comments above.

I guess I can't argue the gambling part, but any of us are in the same boat here.
My point is in people coming on here and telling those that have bought of the risk we are taking. No Shit, we get that and have been hearing that for a long time.

It almost seems like you think we don't know what chances we are taking. Are you here to rescue us, or is it the other way around, since you like to use the words like "recklessly" to label something you can't grasp?
As I said, I live a very simple life, I don't make much money at all. 1600 or so Euro for the 5MH/s unit is a lot of money to me, but it is coming from profits. That isn't exactly "reckless".
You can't put us all into a box.

Brother, I think you're missing my point. Not everyone is like you. You've been around a while, grown profits, banked some and invested others. That's good, absolutely the way to play this and I commend you for that. BUT there are going to be a lot of people putting this on their credit cards and crossing their fingers. Remember how many people came crying to this forum when Payonix scammed them?

Most people taking this risk are doing it in the hopes of massive profits. They WILL NEVER SEE THEM. In fact they will be lucky to ever see a working product. This needs to be pointed out. Once all the facts are on the table then by all means make an INFORMED choice. But don't roll the dice and hope for a six.

C'mon man you really think I can't grasp this? Of course I can and on my risk scale I think reckless is being generous. Deluded may be more appropriate. You say you research. Tell me five CONCRETE and VERIFIABLE FACTS about this company? If you can't I would say that it is truly reckless to invest. I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion.

There is really no point going around and around on this. I wish you the best as I would hate to see anyone get taken for a ride. If it pans out I'll be the first to applaud your success. But in the long run people who play with fire in this way will get burned.

Brotherman  Wink - Fair enough. I can totally agree with the first two paragraphs above! I was more defending me. Point taken.

Regarding my "grasp" comment - I was purely talking about using intuition to guide myself in decisions. That is something most can't or won't grasp. I mix it with logic.

To help others out, I'd still like to answer your question - regarding concrete facts. I'd like to add, my concern with this venture is not with it being a scam, rather, as with all the other companies who have come before (minus KNC to a large degree), they haven't met the deadlines. I don't have 5 concrete facts about the companies in question, but I never do. As I stated I do research and use my intuition. The latter is my final decision maker. I'm right way more than wrong using this method. I also haven't done background checks on the people running the companies, but I've looked into the companies. A few concrete facts and points of interest:

1 - Alpha Technology - The big unknown and a worry to a degree (I'd like more info). A new company - I think they started in April of last year!
2 - Dexcel Designs - Great news - They are a reputable company that has been around for 13 years or so. And they state the partnership with Alpha Technology on their website - http://dexceldesigns.com/news_events.html They must clearly be doing something with Alpha Technology and with the promised updates and transparency, I am not on high alert here - but still cautious.
3 - This thread was started by Alpha Technology on October 19th. Deposit payments (not full payments) started being accepted yesterday, that is around 10 weeks after first mention. Not a huge confidence builder but at least we can say there has been some planning, communication (there has), followups, etc. And related - next point
4 - Alpha Technology - Moving away from the 100% pay up front model to 30% deposit model. This limits our risks in a few ways and is a nice change. Most notably the CEO, Mohammed Akram, has made it clear that we need a transparent process along the way, with videos, updates, etc. As mentioned here - http://www.coinsigner.com/Blog/alpha-technology-takes-pre-orders-for-litecoin-asic-miners/ If the final payment is 8-10 weeks before delivery and we have a deliver of Q2 or Q3, that means we can conservatively say we expect 4 plus months of updates before final payment. That is a long time in this process. I just don't see it being a complete scam. Why do all the work (or fabricate and lie about it which is tough to get away with in this field)?

That said, I will be sure to make my last payment via Pay Pal (Credit Card) to add some security to my purchase. Hopefully that option doesn't vanish!

IAS

Activity: 266
so lets see how are things working in next 30 days...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I have paid with PAYPAL, this is a phisical product so if they dont deliver, PAYPAL will refund my money back, isnt it?

Probably not.

From other posts over the years I have the impression that Paypal does not refund money that Paypal cannot seize.

If the scammer has no money in their Paypal account, having already taken it all out, I think Paypal just goes like oh well too bad there is no money to refund you...

-MarkM-
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I have paid with PAYPAL, this is a phisical product so if they dont deliver, PAYPAL will refund my money back, isnt it?

Not after 60 days they won't. No.

The preorder time basically negates any chance of you getting your money back through a card chargeback or paypal dispute if they never deliver.

Nope. 1. Paypal do not allow the sale of bitcoin or bitcoin miners so Alpha's account is not legit. 2 Paypal only offer a 45 day return policy. You'll be waiting six months probably.
Activity: 266
Jump to: