Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 241. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
^^
Well that's nice for you to not have to worry about money and be able to gamble with it so recklessly. Most here aren't in that position.

I have made  a very tidy sum mining and trading BTC, LTC and PPC. I haven't lost a penny on any get rich quick scams though So I'm guessing my overall return % is far greater that yours.

I hope people read what you just posted and see the mindset and thinking it takes to "invest" in this. By all means recklessly gamble your way through life. But anyone here who plays blackjack will know a reckless player no matter how lucky will eventually lose his shirt to the house. You may be able to afford to do that. Most people here can't.

You are missing a bit of my point.
First - I'm not reckless. If I was reckless, would I be so in the green? Think about that. You think I'm just "lucky"? I spend time researching and use intuition to a great length, that last part is hard for people to grasp. Hence my rational and such comments above.

I guess I can't argue the gambling part, but any of us are in the same boat here.
My point is in people coming on here and telling those that have bought of the risk we are taking. No Shit, we get that and have been hearing that for a long time.

It almost seems like you think we don't know what chances we are taking. Are you here to rescue us, or is it the other way around, since you like to use the words like "recklessly" to label something you can't grasp?
As I said, I live a very simple life, I don't make much money at all. 1600 or so Euro for the 5MH/s unit is a lot of money to me, but it is coming from profits. That isn't exactly "reckless".
You can't put us all into a box.

Brother, I think you're missing my point. Not everyone is like you. You've been around a while, grown profits, banked some and invested others. That's good, absolutely the way to play this and I commend you for that. BUT there are going to be a lot of people putting this on their credit cards and crossing their fingers. Remember how many people came crying to this forum when Payonix scammed them?

Most people taking this risk are doing it in the hopes of massive profits. They WILL NEVER SEE THEM. In fact they will be lucky to ever see a working product. This needs to be pointed out. Once all the facts are on the table then by all means make an INFORMED choice. But don't roll the dice and hope for a six.

C'mon man you really think I can't grasp this? Of course I can and on my risk scale I think reckless is being generous. Deluded may be more appropriate. You say you research. Tell me five CONCRETE and VERIFIABLE FACTS about this company? If you can't I would say that it is truly reckless to invest. I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion.

There is really no point going around and around on this. I wish you the best as I would hate to see anyone get taken for a ride. If it pans out I'll be the first to applaud your success. But in the long run people who play with fire in this way will get burned.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Do they work for scrypt jane too?

If not i am sure all future altcoins will base on scrypt jane to avoid ASIC miners on scrypt

Activity: 1008
There will be many more scrypt coins and a 5MH 100 watt miner that is easily transportable could hold value for years.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
I'm not sure if this was asked before. By the time they deliver the units, wouldn't the difficulty rate be at a point which would render the 5mhs or 25mhs you're getting useless?

The asics will not provide and exponential hash rate increase like we've seen with sha-256. In fact GPU's will be able to compete as far as hashing power goes, but the Asic will win on less energy consumption so the electric bill wont be so astronomical.

^-- This is the best reason for these machines. If I can cut down from using 100amps of power and get the same--even more--hashrate.. I'd be super thrilled.

Yeah great at what expense though? That is a hefty price to pay for a cut in the energy bill, upfront, and who knows where the price will be next year.

If I examine it purely from an electric bill standpoint, the unit would pay for itself instantly as soon as it began mining. How could you not see the benefit? Even if the machine only mined at half the estimated speed and took up 1,000watts, it's still ahead of the game. At least for me. I use scryptmining to pay for its electric bill, and to still provide profit. Something like this is a benefit, despite the cost.

You are all assuming that the company will deliver and will stand behind their promises. If they do deliver then yea, you will double your profit because you won't pay astronomical electric bills.

On the other hand but you are paying upfront 2-6 months in advance and that money isn't mining while you wait, meanwhile you could purchase GPUs and start mining, and by the 4 month mark your rig will have paid for itself even with the electric bills.

Keep funding them with your money for a promise that doesn't even have such a good return/risk ratio Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Such is the gamble. Speak with your wallet.
We get it, it is a no for you. It is a yes for many of us. We are taking the chance.
Being in Cryptos is a HUGE chance anyways for most people, getting into ASIC SHA256 mining is a chance on top of that and now into Scrypt mining (the FIRST one), is an even huger chance.
I like the chance. I like being a part of history, regardless of the results.
Such is life.

Well you are here for the gamble and the thrill, not for making sensitive decisions. My post was about sensitive decisions.

Try not to manipulate my words. I see English is not your first language, but no excuse for manipulation of what I said.
Taking a word out of what I say, does not mean my perspective is based on it.

Good luck to you and I hope you make a sensible decision. But don't forget the heart and intuition...
Activity: 308
I'm not sure if this was asked before. By the time they deliver the units, wouldn't the difficulty rate be at a point which would render the 5mhs or 25mhs you're getting useless?

The asics will not provide and exponential hash rate increase like we've seen with sha-256. In fact GPU's will be able to compete as far as hashing power goes, but the Asic will win on less energy consumption so the electric bill wont be so astronomical.

^-- This is the best reason for these machines. If I can cut down from using 100amps of power and get the same--even more--hashrate.. I'd be super thrilled.

Yeah great at what expense though? That is a hefty price to pay for a cut in the energy bill, upfront, and who knows where the price will be next year.

If I examine it purely from an electric bill standpoint, the unit would pay for itself instantly as soon as it began mining. How could you not see the benefit? Even if the machine only mined at half the estimated speed and took up 1,000watts, it's still ahead of the game. At least for me. I use scryptmining to pay for its electric bill, and to still provide profit. Something like this is a benefit, despite the cost.

You are all assuming that the company will deliver and will stand behind their promises. If they do deliver then yea, you will double your profit because you won't pay astronomical electric bills.

On the other hand but you are paying upfront 2-6 months in advance and that money isn't mining while you wait, meanwhile you could purchase GPUs and start mining, and by the 4 month mark your rig will have paid for itself even with the electric bills.

Keep funding them with your money for a promise that doesn't even have such a good return/risk ratio Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We get it, it is a no for you. It is a yes for many of us. We are taking the chance.
Being in Cryptos is a HUGE chance anyways for most people, getting into ASIC SHA256 mining is a chance on top of that and now into Scrypt mining (the FIRST one), is an even huger chance.
Such is life.

Well you are here for the gamble and the thrill, not for making sensitive decisions. My post was about sensitive decisions.
legendary
Antifragile
^^
Well that's nice for you to not have to worry about money and be able to gamble with it so recklessly. Most here aren't in that position.

I have made  a very tidy sum mining and trading BTC, LTC and PPC. I haven't lost a penny on any get rich quick scams though So I'm guessing my overall return % is far greater that yours.

I hope people read what you just posted and see the mindset and thinking it takes to "invest" in this. By all means recklessly gamble your way through life. But anyone here who plays blackjack will know a reckless player no matter how lucky will eventually lose his shirt to the house. You may be able to afford to do that. Most people here can't.

You are missing a bit of my point.
First - I'm not reckless. If I was reckless, would I be so in the green? Think about that. You think I'm just "lucky"? I spend time researching and use intuition to a great length, that last part is hard for people to grasp. Hence my rational and such comments above.

I guess I can't argue the gambling part, but any of us are in the same boat here.
My point is in people coming on here and telling those that have bought of the risk we are taking. No Shit, we get that and have been hearing that for a long time.

It almost seems like you think we don't know what chances we are taking. Are you here to rescue us, or is it the other way around, since you like to use the words like "recklessly" to label something you can't grasp?
As I said, I live a very simple life, I don't make much money at all. 1600 or so Euro for the 5MH/s unit is a lot of money to me, but it is coming from profits. That isn't exactly "reckless".
You can't put us all into a box.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
I hope they are legitimate, a lot of people have put money into it already.
^^

I have made  a very tidy sum mining and trading BTC, LTC and PPC. I haven't lost a penny on any get rich quick scams though So I'm guessing my overall return % is far greater that yours.

legendary
Antifragile

Such is life.
You say its a gamble. What do you think your odds are? 2-1, 5-1, 10-1,50-1? Based on what I've seen from this company I would say you're 10-1 against ever receiving anything from them. Is the reward 10x the stake? No at best you will break even or make a small profit. Scrypt Asics will just not give the kind of rewards SHA asics did. Any smart gambler knows you weight up the risk (money in/odds ) vs reward (total payout). So if the risk is £1000 at 10-1 I would expect £11000 back (£10000 +stake) You will never see that from this company.  Let me explain to you why I think the odds are so high.

1. No one knows who runs this company. They are just a figment of the internet. Who is their CEO, CFO, MD? They could fold at any time and disappear.
2. You have no idea where they are actually based apart from a photo of an abandoned kebab shop. All the update and forum time stamps point to them being in India although they claim to be in the UK.
3. You have not seen a legit prototype. Just an FPGA hashing that members of this forum could put together.
4.  Dexcell are their design partner, not business partner. They are paid for their services and have no link to Alpha other than that. If Alpha stop paying Dexcell go away.
5. KNC or other established companies could easily enter this market. KNC are already working on a scrypt ASIC http://www.coindesk.com/scrypt-miners-cryptocurrency-arms-race/
6. They are still at the design stage. All they have said is purely theoretical at this point, there is a long way to go from here to finished product. A lot could go wrong.
7. They are liars/incompetent. They have lied or misrepresented several things. Read through the posts. Most notably regarding their Registered address and their trading address, the VAT issues and DDos attacks.

Now I know a lot of people don't want to hear this but we as a community need to make sure people understand the risk. People are coming here and posting that they have bought these things, if those of us who thought it was unwise said nothing people new to the forum or the thread would think there was no risk at all.  There is a huge risk and it is our duty to point it out or expect another BFL, Payonix or TerraHash. Some of you people act as if they never happened. Maybe if they hadn't and no one had ever been scammed in cryptos I would understand your optimism. But they did and weighting up the odds against this company I would urge extreme caution. 
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Well, i did ask for a PoC video, and there it is!

So did I, but I was wanting to see a more finished product before thinking about spending so much.
It's a start, but parting with money for something still in development is not for me.

I can't see their shipping date, BTW
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
preorders going on... http://alphat.emux.fr/

hope they dont lie...

I'd take this with a  pinch of salt. Considering orders didn't start until the 48** range there is already someone telling a porkie ;-)

I doubt that the 10 & 20 orders were legit either, but who knows.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Such is life.

Well said that man.

legendary
Antifragile

Such is life.
Activity: 266
preorders going on... http://alphat.emux.fr/

hope they dont lie...
Activity: 448
Activity: 308

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
there's no product prototyping?

all i see was a fpga unit hashing. I'm not an engineer, but with the experience of butterfly labs, they had FPGA miners out decently okay, but could not made ASICs worth any shit until their 3rd or 4th revision.

This is what their last message stated:

You may note that we had bettered hashing speed per core as compared to last time we published our results in our Prototyping Design Document.

As stated in the following video, our ASIC design POC has not been optimised for any specific FPGA, instead optimised for multi-core scalability with ASIC in mind. That's why it's important we show our core speed and number of cores we are targeting as per the final ASIC chip. Based on this design and global foundries process node, die sizes and the associated costs have been arrived at and we will be going ahead with the fabrication, post final back end verification.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69P2RHG2pIA
....basically no guarantee on what's going to happen.

yeah, good, they can produce fpga, but ASIC is a whole different beast.

i'm calling they're gonna pull a BFL, failed the first two iterations.

The only thing guaranteed in life is death !

death and taxes.
Jump to: