Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 249. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
an ATI 5870 can hash ~ 400KH at ~200W. You make the comparison.
If ASIC scrypt is for real then it will take some time to overthrown the VGAs.
In the mean time, a new GPU-only algo will eventually appears  Tongue
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
is it me or is my Graphics card faster..
grv
Activity: 177
And my fav bit of the terms:

Cancellation & Refund Policy

Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

what about "Customer Protection Plan"?
like for example bitmine offers:
1) Shipment can be late up to a maximum of 10 days from the agreed shipment date.
2) For each subsequent 10 days of late shipping, we will add for free 10% more hashing power to your order as penalty.
3) After the 61st day of late shipment, you have the right to request a full refund and we will pay you an additional penalty of 10% of the initial order amount.
Activity: 770
is anyone planning on doing a more thorough background check? Come on btctalk hax0rs.  Also, a form of escrow for down payments would show some buyer protection.  Reputable escrow por favor?  Paypal only provides protection for x amount of time, not indefinitely.

60 days, I believe. After that you can't make a Paypal claim.

Use a debit or credit card. My bank helped me file a dispute with BFL 7 months after my order, two weeks later I had my BFL ASIC delivered. 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
no photos of the goodies?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Activity: 588
This is gonna ruin the fun for us gpu miners :-(
Activity: 532
is anyone planning on doing a more thorough background check? Come on btctalk hax0rs.  Also, a form of escrow for down payments would show some buyer protection.  Reputable escrow por favor?  Paypal only provides protection for x amount of time, not indefinitely.

60 days, I believe. After that you can't make a Paypal claim.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Price is much too high to make this attractive.

And for that reason……I'm out

/dragonsden
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Maybe it's just me, but this looks more shifty than my ex!.  Roll Eyes

Go to Google maps. Look at 66 Dickenson Road, Manchester.

All they have done is put a new sign up, not even changed the curtains (Look at both pics).

Hate to say it and don't want to sound like a **** but 'what a nice part of town'  Shocked

Next door looks to be the accountants that they say about in the 'about us' on their web page.

Love the graffiti and hardcore metal shutters!

You can part with your cash if ya want, good luck to ya.

Five grand for something maybe in 5 months, lol yer OK.

And my fav bit of the terms:

Cancellation & Refund Policy

Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

Harsh, i don't think so.

O and Merry Christmas!

Grin

Activity: 735
Merit: 501
The price honestly is not that bad.  It is onpar with building GPU rigs, and is one of the first Scrypt ASICs getting a public release.  The power consumption is also 25x lower per kh than the best GPU options at the moment.  Now this does limit the amount of time GPU mining will remain viable for Scrypt, make no mistake.  

If the majority of the networks begin mining at 25 times less power usage than you, that means they will remain profitable much longer.  Infact, you'll be pushed right out of the market eventually.  The issue here is release date and details.  No actual product has been shown.  Not only that, even the earliest pre-orders are probably looking at a unit 6 months from now it seems.

GPU miners better double down on their investments, because the day of milk crate rigs are numbered.  In less than one year, we'll be out of that game it seems.  Most likely sooner.  Although there could very well be a new currency type for GPU folks, much like Litecoin was for Bitcoin miners.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I agree with most others, the price is a little disappointing.  I don't see any dates here - but with registration in a few days, and the "remaining 70% due 8-10 weeks before shipment" I am guessing we are looking at 4-6 months to ship.

The price is marginally better than what you would spend to build a rig with similar hashrates, the only big advantage is much lower power consumption.

Much lower power consumption is very significant, and the only real competition is the Fibonacci ASIC miner. Announced price of Alpha Technology per kh/sec is about half of the Fibonacci. Better sell your GPU's to noob miners while resale is high, the ASICs are coming.
Activity: 532
I agree with most others, the price is a little disappointing.  I don't see any dates here - but with registration in a few days, and the "remaining 70% due 8-10 weeks before shipment" I am guessing we are looking at 4-6 months to ship.

The price is marginally better than what you would spend to build a rig with similar hashrates, the only big advantage is much lower power consumption.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
...and the BitcoinKid
is anyone planning on doing a more thorough background check? Come on btctalk hax0rs.  Also, a form of escrow for down payments would show some buyer protection.  Reputable escrow por favor?  Paypal only provides protection for x amount of time, not indefinitely.

There is a lot of info on the Dextel. There was an article in "The Hindu" which was written by its owner. What I think will be really useful if knowing people take a look at their scrypt asic design and tell if it looks real and if its really is an ASIC. https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Scrypt_ASIC_Prototyping_Design_Document.pdf

Would be wise and a good starting point.  As many times as the community's been burned, we should have a protocol for dissecting new business / products lol.
Activity: 546
hm
~2000$=5mhs=1btc every two weeks
~9000$=25mhs=1btc every two days
calculations based on coinwarz

price seems low or am i wrong?

Don't forget the difficulty increase  Grin

2000$ for 5mhs with a single purpose chip is not cheap.
I can build a 2mhs rig under 1200$.

The 5mhs asic miner can not be used for other purposes or be sold, after mining is no longer profitable -> selling computer parts is easy

You get about 3 times the hashpower compared to normal hardware. Not bad, but definitly not cheap.

Biggest problem:
Shipping date! Same problem had BFL... delay = mining loss!

Is it right, that you could buy used 2 radeons for 1200$ with 1mh/s each? And after one year you will probably get still 800-1000 bucks for the 2 cards?
Activity: 7

The 5mhs asic miner can not be used for other purposes or be sold, after mining is no longer profitable -> selling computer parts is easy

You get about 3 times the hashpower compared to normal hardware. Not bad, but definitly not cheap.

Biggest problem:

Wow I was really looking forward to these but at these prices its better to wait to see what comes next or just stick with GPU's.
Activity: 43
is anyone planning on doing a more thorough background check? Come on btctalk hax0rs.  Also, a form of escrow for down payments would show some buyer protection.  Reputable escrow por favor?  Paypal only provides protection for x amount of time, not indefinitely.

There is a lot of info on the Dextel. There was an article in "The Hindu" which was written by its owner. What I think will be really useful if knowing people take a look at their scrypt asic design and tell if it looks real and if its really is an ASIC. https://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Scrypt_ASIC_Prototyping_Design_Document.pdf
Activity: 43

Biggest problem:

dont forget that these will be shipped in a long time from now. Big chance the new radeons will get u a similar hashrate by that time, for cheaper.

Just sayin.

edit: oh and just forget about mining btc with these. The new jupiters will be out before that so the difficulty of btc will skyrocket.

AMD won't release the new cards in a year (they never do it so often). But yeah, the mining loss is really big with those release dates.. and think about the competitors that will come shortly.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
...and the BitcoinKid
Activity: 602

Biggest problem:

dont forget that these will be shipped in a long time from now. Big chance the new radeons will get u a similar hashrate by that time, for cheaper.

Just sayin.

edit: oh and just forget about mining btc with these. The new jupiters will be out before that so the difficulty of btc will skyrocket.
Activity: 140
Bitcoin - love & hate

Biggest problem:
Jump to: