Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 251. (Read 529054 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Bitcoin FTW!
Specification is available here https://t.co/HOqKYIOxEA
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
3. Images of our new office, and official Viper trailer.
Will you do an open doors day to meet your team, visit your new offices and see a working prototype of your miner ?

Website being updated to avoid any future disruptions or performance issues.
https://twitter.com/ukalpha
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
1. This link is not working:
https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-17122013/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /news/development-update-17122013/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at alpha-t.net Port 443

2. Another pre-order project. Hope the timelines are tight.

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Depending on the price I may just get a 5Mh/s miner. Hope the price is reasonable not over $1,500.
Activity: 175
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Wow I thought scrypt was difficult/impossible using ASIC. Wasn't that the "point" of it? How has it been circumvented?

It was/is difficult, not impossible.

Nothing is impossible in computer world.
It is like you can brute force anything encryption, though it may take several million or billion years.

Or  "Give me a place to stand on, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes

Activity: 490
Wow I thought scrypt was difficult/impossible using ASIC. Wasn't that the "point" of it? How has it been circumvented?

It was/is difficult, not impossible.

Nothing is impossible in computer world.
Activity: 613
Merit: 305

Yeah exactly... please read my post above and help me to understand if these scrypt asics are worth the buy
What do you think about the memory bus point?
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Altcoin market is very risky. short term or similar. Not sure how many people wants to buy it
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I too am interested, however I am quite weary. Even early Bitcoin Asic companies did not have much luck, and the theory behind mining a SHA based coin with an Asic device is far less convoluted. I'm still hesitant to believe that such hardware could have been developed in such a short amount of time. I handled SHA based ASIC devices somewhat similar in architecture to Bitcoin miners 5+ years ago, therefor it didn't come as a shock that it could be made to suit Bitcoin's needs.

I'll be watching your releases, but I doubt anyone that has been around for more than a year will be on board with the preorder scene. The BFL situation was a mess, and the Asic companies that went under taking their funds with them even worse. I have a hard time seeing this go more smoothly for you, but for your own sake and those that do choose to preorder, I wish you all the best of luck. There would have to be outstanding circumstance in order to get me to preorder anything.

That being said, I will have no trouble ordering after seeing you ship a batch out.
Activity: 193
im going to follow also!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Following development.  Best luck!  I may buy in depending on specifications.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I'm in, great news.  Tongue
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
Good news.
Just waiting for the prices.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
interested in this miners, do keep me posted.
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
Some people say that ASIC hardware for scrypt would not outperform the GPUs due to the nature of the scrypt algorithm whereof performance depends on the memory bus speed.

But there is some fixed limit on memory buses' speed that the technology has not outreached for many many years thus far, and GPUs seems to be the fastest hardware available regarding memory speed.

Is there some documentation that explains why scrypt performance depends on that?

I'd like to understand this point to find out if mining LTC faster than the GPUs do is possible.
A deep knowledge of the scrypt algorithm may help.
Activity: 462
Is Alpha Technology still selling pre orders? It's shown on the site that it's all out os stock (sold out?)  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015
now should be good time to draw investors into scrypt market.
Activity: 966
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Waiting for price and hashrate...

yes exactly
maybe also power supply electricity consumption
and delivery conditions - I will not be paying 20 BTC in advance and wait till January only to get know that in February shit happens and they bankrupt or something.
We all know that it already happened many times before that not everybody got what they ordered and prepaid
be careful

I am watching it everyday, of course I would love to have shiny mining machine at home but I cannot give away my money just in foolish hope that they will deliver it.

if you were at their place and know that in case something happen you don't have to deliver goods what would stop you from not taking the cash of other people?

TerraHash shuts down, bitcoin miners upset
http://www.coindesk.com/terrahash-shuts-down-bitcoin-miners-upset-with-refund/
Jump to: