Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 34. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
You are throwing away your money hiring attorneys.  Look, I know you aren't too keen on taking advice or you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, but the time to talk to attorneys was 6-8 months ago.  Any money you throw at an attorney is just going to be additional money you lose on this.  There is 0% chance there is any money available to satisfy judgements left in a touchable, corporate account. 

I don't see the law in quite the same way you do, apparently. Stick to offering bad advice in other threads, rather than gloating about how much foresight you had in this thread. If all we manage to do is get them shut down completely and destroy their ability to ever do business in this industry again, I'm happy to pursue that.

Accepting the reality that your money is gone is not bad advice.  Bad advice is suggesting to people that they spend large sums of money to sue a company that clearly has no money to pay judgements.  I suppose though anyone stupid enough to pay thousands of dollars to a stranger with no product to sell would be stupid enough to do just about anything.  A fool and his money....
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Power in numbers. Information Galore. Join us at http://fightalpha.net/
Activity: 364
You are throwing away your money hiring attorneys.  Look, I know you aren't too keen on taking advice or you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, but the time to talk to attorneys was 6-8 months ago.  Any money you throw at an attorney is just going to be additional money you lose on this.  There is 0% chance there is any money available to satisfy judgements left in a touchable, corporate account. 

I don't see the law in quite the same way you do, apparently. Stick to offering bad advice in other threads, rather than gloating about how much foresight you had in this thread. If all we manage to do is get them shut down completely and destroy their ability to ever do business in this industry again, I'm happy to pursue that.
Activity: 350
There are some of us who were substantially damaged by Alpha-T's refusal to fully refund our money, talking about pursuing a winding up petition with a UK law firm and possibly seeking the involvement of anyone who is willing to pay a portion of the legal fees to be part of it. It's just in the discussion stage right now, but that action would either force Alpha-T to pay its debts or have their company "wound up" and all assets liquidated (including the chips, etc...) to repay its debts. Now, whether or not there are substantial assets remaining to be liquidated, is the question. These guys ARE accountants, after all...but I know several of us are keen to pursue this avenue. As I understand it, Alpha-T currently has at least three judgments that have been entered against them, none of which have been satisfied...so it's pretty clear they intend to simply damage their credit (which they don't need anyway) by not paying these judgments off, but continue doing business. This is something we cannot allow.

Activity: 364
There are some of us who were substantially damaged by Alpha-T's refusal to fully refund our money, talking about pursuing a winding up petition with a UK law firm and possibly seeking the involvement of anyone who is willing to pay a portion of the legal fees to be part of it. It's just in the discussion stage right now, but that action would either force Alpha-T to pay its debts or have their company "wound up" and all assets liquidated (including the chips, etc...) to repay its debts. Now, whether or not there are substantial assets remaining to be liquidated, is the question. These guys ARE accountants, after all...but I know several of us are keen to pursue this avenue. As I understand it, Alpha-T currently has at least three judgments that have been entered against them, none of which have been satisfied...so it's pretty clear they intend to simply damage their credit (which they don't need anyway) by not paying these judgments off, but continue doing business. This is something we cannot allow.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
A judgment is worthless if they go bankrupt, which they will before the pay out a dime in claims if they can help it. Your only sure route is to keep pressing your credit card processor. If you used PayPal to pay by credit card you should have two options. One to dispute directly with your original credit card, or to dispute it with PayPal. If you start a claim directly with your credit card PayPal will not be very cooperative should you call and ask for help. Go the PayPal route first, try a few times, if you still can't get your money back start calling the issuer of the credit card to open a dispute with them.

Bank Wires and BitCoin payments are not protected the same way. Wire transfers can be reversed 30-60 days after transfer, assuming the funds are still in the receiver's account. Fat chance of that, and BTC payments are pretty much SOL.

If you paid by credit card and or PayPal and haven't started your dispute you are risking losing due to the amount of time that has passed. Get on it now, like yesterday, the rest of you that can't go the CC or PP route will have to take your chance with getting your judgment against them enforced. You'll win the case, after Alpha-T's excuses prove to be BS. Now getting that judgment turned into your money is the tough part.  If they go bankrupt they won't have to pay a dime to any one who has a judgement against them. If out right fraud can be proven then they may be fined or put on probation, it would be shocking to me if they ever saw the inside of jail cell. But one can always hope!
Activity: 4
You're doing it the wrong way, why leave decision up to cc and anyone else? get a judgement and enforce it.

Enforcing a judgement is a probably lot harder than going the credit card route. It's really easy to prove to the credit card company that Alpha broke their terms. The simple fact that they asked for final payment in May, and 8-10 weeks after that is July 31, and they still haven't shipped, is enough. They can dispute all they want, but your credit card company can look at the documents. It took me two emails and two phone calls, and about two months of waiting before it was final. Dead simple with Chase.

My post about it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9647662
Activity: 23
If you paid through bank transfer or with bitcoin that would have been the way out.
With CC ist's easier and faster to file a chargeback.
If that doesn't work you can still resort to claiming, but I don't think you will be able to collect your winning claim ticket...

You're doing it the wrong way, why leave decision up to cc and anyone else? get a judgement and enforce it.
I wonder why Alpha-T hasn't tried the old bait and switch, or promised the moon with their claims. Oh wait, they did that when they upped the hash rate 10x to keep the money rolling in. Oops, they've done the latter as well, promising to ship working miners months ago only to sweeten the pot with shares in the company, oh wait they changed their minds on that too. Oh well, I'm sure we can depend on them to keep their word.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
As i disclosed in JANUARY, when i made a fuss to get my refund when it became pretty OBVIOUS that this was a 'longcon' my email inbox was assaulted over 2 days with dozens of abusive, threatening and also begging 'why are you do this to us' email SPAM.

i would not put it past these vermin to be as abusive and crooked as retro has stated.

if i can find the post i made , i'll link it....  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4439963

and...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4445849

and it may is also be evident that some forum members also became abusive around the same time, as that was their BIG CASH GRAB PERIOD... and must have felt a need to be as defensive as possible.

either way, alpha tech and their supporters are immature, terrorisers of our community.

i will pray to all the gods and demons that these rodents suffer in this lifetime for all their sins and those of there forefathers.

Insha' Allah!

Allahu Akbar!!

Yeah, I remember those posts mate. These guys are scum. I've got multiple irons in the fire now. So I'll keep you posted.

You are scum, so is Alpha. You SCAM knc customers aswell looking at your previous posts, why are you telling people to PM you for knc customers? Everyone is happy with Titan

Bwahahahajaahhhaaahhaaaa

You and your alpha goon cronies are in for some major ass rape in prison you ma farker. Omg!!!!! I thought Alpha tech were morons but not like this.  You guys are the lowest pieces of shit on the planet!.

I give you 9 month before you are in prision
Activity: 64
Same case here.
AT replyed to the CC company that they provide regular development updates and that the customer is aware of this, just like their cancellation policy. If customer e-mails AT, AT will provide the customer a refund...
They can refund my CC directly now, if they are so earger to give back refunds.

I didn't buy a subscription to their development updates. I ordered a miner in January, which should have been delivered last July.
Now it's December and they even haven't got a working prototype ready.

Mastercard will now decide who's right, AT or the customer.
Loser will have to pay the GBP 5.000 order amount + a fine to Mastercard.
CC company told them they weren't afraid of losing and will go for Mastercard's binding judgement if AT still disputes the chargeback.

Alpha-Tech challenged the credit card chargeback claiming that their T&C does not allow for refunds and that the product is about to ship(!)

I wrote to the credit card bank reiterating that they have not delivered a single unit by now and that I'm not paying for a product that I didn't receive. Otherwise I would have to file a small claims court and add the bank as a defendant as I expect Alpha Tech to go bankrupt.

The credit card bank agreed that Alpha Tech has not conformed to Mastercard rules and has upheld my refund. However, they said that it is possible that Alpha Tech would challenge the chargeback again going forward, and that the dispute would be reactivated then.

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
There is at least one person who managed to return the payment carried out through Bitpay?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Same case here.
AT replyed to the CC company that they provide regular development updates and that the customer is aware of this, just like their cancellation policy. If customer e-mails AT, AT will provide the customer a refund...

Well I know this to be outright false as I have mailed them several times with no response or refund.  So full of it they are.
Activity: 23
Same case here.

I didn't buy a subscription to their development updates. I ordered a miner in January, which should have been delivered last July.
Now it's December and they even haven't got a working prototype ready.

Mastercard will now decide who's right, AT or the customer.
Loser will have to pay the GBP 5.000 order amount + a fine to Mastercard.
CC company told them they weren't afraid of losing and will go for Mastercard's binding judgement if AT still disputes the chargeback.

Alpha-Tech challenged the credit card chargeback claiming that their T&C does not allow for refunds and that the product is about to ship(!)

I wrote to the credit card bank reiterating that they have not delivered a single unit by now and that I'm not paying for a product that I didn't receive. Otherwise I would have to file a small claims court and add the bank as a defendant as I expect Alpha Tech to go bankrupt.

The credit card bank agreed that Alpha Tech has not conformed to Mastercard rules and has upheld my refund. However, they said that it is possible that Alpha Tech would challenge the chargeback again going forward, and that the dispute would be reactivated then.
Alpha-T is never going to ship their worthless product. How many real customers can they possibly have left who are happily waiting for a product? I'm thinking close to 80%, as a conservative figure, have taken some other route to recoup their funds. They don't have much to actually ship at this point. The company is a complete scam and if they did actually build mining rigs it isn't for the purpose of shipping them to customers. They will resell the chips in bulk and mine with whatever they've got until the hardware is worthless. The end is here, it doesn't matter what Alpha-T does next. They are about to dissolve the company to avoid the mountain of litigation against them.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Oh yeah that's a good point. These little shits were using their accountant reputation as a reason why they can be trusted and would "never do anything wrong against their customers."

Well then guys, I think it's time we all follow up on our end of the bargain and make sure they lose all their licenses. Time to get going, shall we :}
Not sure you can get the accountants legally in trouble.

But what I'm REALLY surprised is that they didn't tell their little brother that a delayed filing for insolvency can cause a lot of trouble in a court. But maybe they advised him very carefully, and all this asking for more money and making customers stakeholders is actually legal.
I think Alpha probably was under water or insolvent long ago IF they had properly accounted for their assets/liabilities, the latter including refunds to customers.

I'd really suggest the route retro72 and others recommended. E.g. I simply would have filed a small claims court case if I hadn't gotten my money back via the CC. I'm curious how the legal system works anyways, so that would have been interesting.
Quick update on this.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Not that it needs any further review, but on retro vs raj, it doesn't make sense from a psychological perspective.  The attitude raj reports doesn't fit retro's online personality. Further, of the I'll say 50 people who've likely messaged retro, only one felt like coming forth on an allegation?

If raj is somehow tied to alpha, these guys really need some training in con methods and trickery. I've seen high-school kids do a better job of harassment, which also actually fit with the person's  personality.

It's like reject amateur hour or something. Seriously if you're going to troll, do it right.
Activity: 433
Well, atleast i can confirm, hat i've been offering Retro Money for helping me getting my full refund form the Alpha idiots. He refused that and asked me to make a donation to sea shepherd.

I can proove it anytime by quoting the PM he sent me...
@ Retro: The world is full of idiots. Don't worry mate Wink

Thanks mate. If Raj wants to take up my offer to open our accounts up to a mod he literally knows where to find me (as do the rest of you now  Grin ) Until then I'm going to follow Jrose's advice and ignore the guy. Amateur hour is officially over. I cant wait to see what these clowns come up with next.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
Noted, just saying. But now everybody has their own legal people looking into things so frankly if I were you I would put my energy somewhere else ...
Activity: 28
Well, atleast i can confirm, hat i've been offering Retro Money for helping me getting my full refund form the Alpha idiots. He refused that and asked me to make a donation to sea shepherd.

I can proove it anytime by quoting the PM he sent me...
@ Retro: The world is full of idiots. Don't worry mate Wink
Pages:
Jump to: