Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 70. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
All the FTC would do is bar them from importing their gear into the US. So if they ever did ship, you'd absolutely not even obtain a device to resell on ebay.

Definitely pursue legal options through UK channels though, as others have done here, if you feel you need to.

Update: Titans are on the ground, Elen has the first one, other customers report inbound as well: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8953095

4 business days left for AT to "deliver". They've now missed their goal of "delivering before the competition".
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
no idea but its worth a try haha
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
everyone should submit a claim with the Federal Trade Commission....(Same people that shut BFL down) I submitted my claim yesterday.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6#crnt

Does FTC have juridication in UK?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
everyone should submit a claim with the Federal Trade Commission....(Same people that shut BFL down) I submitted my claim yesterday.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6#crnt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Wow and this comes ahead of the BTC conference, how shameful.

Alpha-T are speakers at this conference. Sorry can't help it Smiley You can run but you cannot hide, refund everybody 100% and continue using the miners as you have been for yourself, BFL will reserve a space for you in Jail.

Birds of a feather!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

This piece of news shows the power of customer complaints. If we all engage in a movement of writing our complaints against Alpha Tech as an internet fraud, the today's close of BL is the perspective of tomorrow's Alpha Tech. I have filed a complaint in US 3c website last week against Alpha Tech. I will go ahead to send a complaint in UK as well.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Titan on the move: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8940799

Elen was one of the first to get Neptunes, and I think Jupiters as well, a few days ahead of everyone else.

AlphaTec movement:
Activity: 18
From the Alpha-T forums : apparently some Alpha-T customers received this email today:

Hello,

Whilst you are passed our refund period we are able to refund you your full 30% deposit as a gesture of goodwill. Please understand this has been no small undertaking and the vast majority of the funds have now gone into the production of these devices and to expect anything higher this late in the process is not realistic as the funds simply aren't there.

If you paid via a bank transfer/bitcoin please provide your bank details if you agree to this full and final settlement and if you paid via PayPal simply confirm you agree to this full and final settlement. For an international bank we will need an IBAN and/or an account number, a swift code and/or your banks address, your account name and address. Please try to provide all or as much of this information as possible in case we run into any issues to save us from having to email again to ask for it. For a UK bank we will only need your account number, sort code, your account name and address.

Regards,

Alpha Technology

I got the same mail. Paid 100% in Bitcoin. Why the hell did I do this??  Huh

But nevertheless it’s 7 days until they breach their terms. Then they can’t argue with their goodwill…
Activity: 23
they have offered me a 50% refund about a month ago which I declined. Now I've been banned from their forum and they won't respond to my emails.. Any other Belgians with the same problem perhaps?

How can this still happen in 2014, all of their assets should have been frozen by now and a search warrent should be on their heads!  Huh
Activity: 402
I think if they contacted me with a 50% offer, I'd counter them with "Well since you can't go 100, how about 99?". I'm a little cheeky that way.

Or "How about 99 and some pictures of yo mamma in compromising positions".
Activity: 182
We could do something together, im asking for the 30% i paid but no response. Anybody from spain in similar situation?
I think if they contacted me with a 50% offer, I'd counter them with "Well since you can't go 100, how about 99?". I'm a little cheeky that way.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Five working days left in September
Activity: 402
Why does no one else give them this much credit, after all, do you really think this was all vaporware from the get go?

This was speculated months ago, but discredited largely because there were no noticable ramps of power coming on anywhere. Unless their gear sucked so hard that it didn't really add to much nethash anywhere. There's also the tangible asset issue, if they did face the courts coming to their door they wouldn't want the miners tied to them. It's just not likely they would've done that.

It's much more likely, IF they were a scam, that they'd simply sift the money and take it and leave, as they are accountants.

I'd agree.  I think they are offering this wacky "30% refund in exchange for ?" as they have to update soon, and they've got nothing. 

when the end of this month rolls around and it's obvious they have nothing or report another 'delay' the run for the exits will explode, if it hasn't already, so they're trying to lock people out of any sort of action.

They offered me 50% as a similar "act of goodwill" when I pointed out that they were in violation of Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.  I told them to piss off, that I wanted all by money back, and did effect a chargeback of the entire amount, although I did think about simply taking the 50% and cutting my losses.  It seems they're doing the same thing here.  "We know if you push it, you'll get it all, so here's a carrot so we can keep most of it"

who knows when the hell these will be done, of even if they ever will ship.  not a peep out of them on the actual action they were paid to perform, which is build a miner.

"full and final settlement" to me, means they don't have to pay you another dime OR ship a miner.  I've been involved in plenty of lawsuits in the business world and that sort of terminology in the settlement agreement basically means that neither party has any sort of claim against the other going forward, which in this case would include a miner.  That's it. over. done.

people are free to do what they want, although I wouldn't go for this without "full and final" details as to if this means there will be no miner. 

If people haven't filed their chargebacks/complaints yet get on that shit.  this shit is about to get real and you don't want to be the last one to the party on this one.

Anyone wants help on a chargeback/complaint let me know.  I can give you what worked for me and will be happy to help swim as many torpedoes up these guys asses as I can.

Why does no one else give them this much credit, after all, do you really think this was all vaporware from the get go?

This was speculated months ago, but discredited largely because there were no noticable ramps of power coming on anywhere. Unless their gear sucked so hard that it didn't really add to much nethash anywhere. There's also the tangible asset issue, if they did face the courts coming to their door they wouldn't want the miners tied to them. It's just not likely they would've done that.

It's much more likely, IF they were a scam, that they'd simply sift the money and take it and leave, as they are accountants.
Activity: 350
The other obvious fact is that end of Q3 is about 8 days from now.  They promised to ship these by end of this quarter worst-case as their own words will easily prove.

When they don't people will be entitled to 100% refund.  Those that went through a CC or paypaal will get it back no question.  those that go to court will also have a stronger position.

As if their illegal "you're a business" claim isn't enough they'll be outside their own window.

and where is the money?  if it was all spent on production where exactly are the parts.

this stinks like a dead animal out in the summer heat.  he's trying to pull some shit here.

If units start shipping at the end of the month, I'll eat my own foot.

this will not happen and you can leave your foot.
Activity: 532
The other obvious fact is that end of Q3 is about 8 days from now.  They promised to ship these by end of this quarter worst-case as their own words will easily prove.

When they don't people will be entitled to 100% refund.  Those that went through a CC or paypaal will get it back no question.  those that go to court will also have a stronger position.

As if their illegal "you're a business" claim isn't enough they'll be outside their own window.

and where is the money?  if it was all spent on production where exactly are the parts.

this stinks like a dead animal out in the summer heat.  he's trying to pull some shit here.

If units start shipping at the end of the month, I'll eat my own foot.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
I thought I would post an update as I think it is relevant to a lot of people here. I won my court case against Alpha, and had then also won a judgement against them forcing them to pay (I assumed the chance of them paying was actually 100%).

My claim was for 30% of the smaller Viper, which was £405. Out of the blue on Friday I had an email saying I had been refunded in full including the court fees, again slightly skeptical as it said it would take upto 5 working days.

Today, boom there is my full refund in my bank account including court fees!

Some reason I think they might have paid:

1) It was only £405
2) I focused my entire court claim on power usage and how it was now 6 times more, nothing about delivery dates as technically the TOS did mention end of Q3 (although this is obviously going to be missed)
3) I live 10 miles from Manchester, so if they did challenge my court case I would have been more than willing to go to the local court in Manchester (smalls claims are handled near to the defendant)

To be honest I've taken my refund and bought more shares in LTCGear, no more of this preorder rubbish these are paying out already LTC mined on SCRYPT ASICs

Congrats

I've been looking to buy LTCGear shares myself, i know they are good only for 1 year but everything on their website is sold out, did you buy from someone? how is it?
Activity: 119
If they did actually make any mining rigs, I think they are keeping everyone in the dark about it. Think about it for a second? They have built an entire mining farm paid for with your dollars. Everyone thinks they don't even have a product to ship. I say they have plenty of them and they and are mining with them. Those machines are the only thing keeping them afloat. Their cost to build the rig was 1/3 the actual MSRP retail price. They wouldn't have even bothered if the mark up wasn't at least 50%. These greedy bastards have realized that the most profitable thing for them to do at this point is to use the mining rigs to recoup as much money as possible before shipping to the customer. No one will buy from them again, their name is mud, what do they have to lose? They claim it was delayed, ship you a worthless product, and keep all of the revenue.

We know they are not honorable, they would throw each other under a bus in a heartbeat, and they are greedy bastards. Thinking like a greedy bastard I would do exactly what they are doing. Not show a working product, keep it ultra hush hush that they have a mining farm, and in the mean time keep sending us drawings and empty cases with "rest assured" it will be "soon". Translation, rest assured that once we have squeezed every last coin out of your mining rig that we will soon send it to you.

So what's this with the refunds they are now offering? If you paid in full you get 30% back? Even if you paid in BTC? Now they are even offering to give back the 30% deposits to people who haven't paid the remaining balance, as well???

Hhhmm, sounds to me like they would rather keep your mining rigs. Especially if you're willing to give up 70% of your deposit which probably was enough to build them 2 or more units at that price.

Pages:
Jump to: