Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 74. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
May also mean they have a product sometime. Soon. This is fact.

Rest Assured
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
The guy who originally posted the email is a known Alpha sock puppet (Hassher)

Well, Hassher does rhyme with Mubasher ...
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Quote from:  retro72 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:06 PM
Quote from:  Its About Sharing on January 07, 2014, 07:48:08 PM
It is nice that we only had to put down 30% or so. That shows some trust, at least to us that paid with CC's with some protection.
Actually the 30% down may work against you, as they don't have to refund any of the deposit if you change your mind. If you had paid in full you would be entitled to a full refund up until the day of shipment.

They have agreed to partial refunds which on paper looks good.

But.........If I was an evil genius, that's exactly what I would do. Then wait six months spread a load of FUD so everyone cancels. I'd only have to pay 50% back minus £70 fee. So even if I only sold 1000 5MH/s units, I'd pocket a cool quarter million, totally legally, then fold the company due to lack of resources.

Just a thought

Sound familiar?
Heh... nail on the head indeed.

Every day that passes, the entire project seems more like a scam run by accountants.  Maybe they are offering refunds to select people that they know will take them, because they want to drain their remaining accounts before declaring bankrupsy, lol.

I see no official news or email blasts about it. If they did actually do that, it would mean they're going the way of BFL. Always arrears in their cashflow, leaving the final batch stuck holding the anchors.

lol
Lol... I doubt it.  We would have seen something other then their awful case prototype by now, if shipping was going to happen "Soon".  But then again, it probably will happen "soon" if you use Alpha-T's apparent definition of soon lol.
Activity: 616
Funnily enough this is what I wrote back in January. Before I did more digging into the DSR

It is nice that we only had to put down 30% or so. That shows some trust, at least to us that paid with CC's with some protection.
Actually the 30% down may work against you, as they don't have to refund any of the deposit if you change your mind. If you had paid in full you would be entitled to a full refund up until the day of shipment.

But.........If I was an evil genius, that's exactly what I would do. Then wait six months spread a load of FUD so everyone cancels. I'd only have to pay 50% back minus £70 fee. So even if I only sold 1000 5MH/s units, I'd pocket a cool quarter million, totally legally, then fold the company due to lack of resources.

Just a thought

Sound familiar?

And Bob's your Uncle.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
This might have been their plan all along. Get everyone to preorder then when no one wants these turds any longer offer 30% refund. They keep 70% all along never planning to build an asic.

Funnily enough this is what I wrote back in January. Before I did more digging into the DSR

Just a thought

Sound familiar?
I see no official news or email blasts about it. If they did actually do that, it would mean they're going the way of BFL. Always arrears in their cashflow, leaving the final batch stuck holding the anchors.

lol
This might have been their plan all along. Get everyone to preorder then when no one wants these turds any longer offer 30% refund. They keep 70% all along never planning to build an asic.
Yup... it sure smells like that at this point.

That refund e-mail definitely didn't go out to everyone.  Must be trying to stave off lawsuits, because they know they have already lost and will continue to do so in court.  I definitely threatened them with legal action, so it wouldn't be surprised if that's who the refund e-mails were specifically targeted at.

Know what really cracks me up tho?

Here is an e-mail from 2014-06-05, over 3 months ago:
Quote from: [email protected]
Hello there,

Your unit has been downgraded and your previous balance taken into
account so your order is now fully paid. We now owe you £250.01.
Please provide your bank details so we can transfer the remainder back
to you.

Regards

Alpha-T

I definitely never received that wire transfer for £250.01, and they ignored all my follow-ups.

So, I wouldn't count on getting even a 30% refund at this point if you respond to that e-mail.

My bet - by accepting the 30% they figure it gives them standing under the law to refund nothing, because you were going to take 30% as a 'gesture of goodwill'.  So, by accepting the refund, you're tactfully agreeing that they have no liability for the deposits.
Activity: 476
Merit: 283
Has anyone actually received that email from alpha? Or is it a fake e-mail? Because on the forums a bunch of purchasers have not received the Refund e-mail.

It's a strange one. The guy who originally posted the email is a known Alpha sock puppet (Hassher) but no one else seems to have gotten it , although UltraRUS said he asked Alpha about the refund and was told it was 30% then got banned for posting it. So who knows?
Yes, I got the e-mail.  Maybe they are only sending it to people that have previously demanded refunds?

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:46:11 -0700
Received: from silver.alpha-t.net ([192.99.4.74]:57755)
   by **** with esmtps (UNKNOWN:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256)
   (Exim 4.82)
   (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
   id 1XUduI-0007EH-Om
   for ****; Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:46:11 -0700
Received: from localhost ([::1]:37634 helo=silver.alpha-t.net)
   by silver.alpha-t.net with esmtpa (Exim 4.82)
   (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
   id 1XUdn4-0004nC-2t; Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:38:38 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII;
 format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:38:37 +0100
To: [email protected]
Subject: Refund Update
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Sender: [email protected]

Greetings Customer,

We understand there have been many changes in the market since you
ordered from us and many of you are not comfortable with completing your
order. After much consideration we have decided to give partial refunds
to all customers who desire them as a gesture of goodwill from us. It is
of course not possible to refund everybody in full for obvious reasons
even if we wanted to (the vast majority of funds have now gone into the
production of the miners so the funds remaining to us are limited).  For
those who want this it is as simple as replying to this email
([email protected]) with all your paid order numbers (deposit and
final payment) asking for a refund; be sure to email from the same
address as your order with us. If you have orders over multiple email
addresses then please send multiple emails for each request (for
security reasons). For everybody else it is business as usual; and will
be sending out the details of our share scheme soon as well as further
updates on our production. We would also like to apologize in the delay
of refunds and some payment related queries; this has been resolved so
for those waiting on payments most of you can expect your refund/payment
issue to be dealt with any day now.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram
Director
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Has anyone actually received that email from alpha? Or is it a fake e-mail? Because on the forums a bunch of purchasers have not received the Refund e-mail.

It's a strange one. The guy who originally posted the email is a known Alpha sock puppet (Hassher) but no one else seems to have gotten it , although UltraRUS said he asked Alpha about the refund and was told it was 30% then got banned for posting it. So who knows?
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Alpha-T are now taking pre-orders for Batch 2!

where did you see this?

I found nothing regarding Batch 2 orders.
Although it wouldn't surprise me is they try it to help slow the bleeding from imaginary batch 1.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

where did you see this?
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Activity: 86
By doing Pre-Orders for batch 2 they are trying to extract funds to pay off those that are requesting refunds for batch 1. Pyramid scheme anyone?  batch 3 pre-orders coming soon!...heh

It's been almost a year, I'm still waiting to see where these "Live Updates" are that they promised you folks. And look, they're "aiming" to beat their 6 month window. Still.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
confused..

mo akram is british born?

why does he use apologize instead of apologise?

Probably auto spell

quite, but why have machine set to US english? The mans a fool.

Because that's what office seems to default to. A common mistake and hardly a hangable offence!

Burn him at the stake then.

Activity: 107
confused..

Probably auto spell

Because that's what office seems to default to. A common mistake and hardly a hangable offence!
confused..

Probably auto spell

Activity: 624
Merit: 502
confused..

Probably auto spell
Pages:
Jump to: