Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 93. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Ok, you sold your 3 Sapphires - because you could not even get your conf files correct. You offer money to anyone that can help you - That was 7 months ago and now you are a pro posting here for what reason? The way you present yourself is unappreciated. Your advice (dad) is worthless and these people don't need your crap. Go away. -M

Christ, this thread has really brought out the mouth breathers. Nice job full quoting my last post but not addressing anything in it.

How do you know I *only* had three cards? How do you know I posted about every card I owned here? Again the type of short sighted mentality and assumptions that probably led you to get scammed by Alpha.

FWIW I asked on these forums because someone posted on LTC mining hardware comparison on the same card they were getting 425 without specs. I now see another moron has posted 475 without specs. I was naive and didn't realize this community is full of people who lie to try to impress others. Look, mines bigger.

If we've degraded ourselves to the point of rummaging through previous posts for character assassination:
Help! I need somebody! My wallet will not sync. It's 4 weeks behind. I'm using the suggested conf file. No connections, no block source?
Help meee.... ooooooooo
Thanks -M

Help me... oooooooo I can't understand how it's possible for grache to have more than 3 cards!

A nice quote from the other guy who made a bunch of silly assumptions about me:
what time GMT 5am ?

Does anyone know? I found this from altcoincalendar & they had it as midnight GMT just gone.  Undecided
How you managed to grow to be an adult and not learn what GMT is says a lot. That you take the time to ask this on a forum instead of typing GMT into google says even more. A small, but sincere, part of me wonders if you're not developmentally challenged and I shouldn't be poking fun.

This mess started with me posting my analysis of what might have happened after following this thread since the beginning. I innocently said "miner's greed" and that triggered some people and my posts since then have been defending attacks against me.

Those posters can't accept that they were bamboozled and realize that their greed is the reason why. They lash out at anyone who doesn't sympathize with them without thought because they can't accept their own culpability.

For the other posters and victims of Alpha, my comments aren't directed at you and sorry for hi-jacking the thread. Let's get the thread back on track.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
The chance for positive ROI based on projected crypto values over the next 2 years, went out the window when they missed their July shipping projection.

As to litecoin, I wouldn't worry much. Lots of folks trying to get it to go low to buy up a bunch  before the big spike.
legendary
Activity: 963
Merit: 1002
With the prices falling below $3.50 for LTC, there is a 0% chance of getting RoI on current and future scrypt Asics.  Too much power costs, too little income.

Litecoin is an unfortunate situation to say the least. Too many sellers, not enough buyers  Undecided
I, and many others have too much invested though to let it die without a fight. I will go down swinging.
Activity: 32
With the prices falling below $3.50 for LTC, there is a 0% chance of getting RoI on current and future scrypt Asics.  Too much power costs, too little income.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
this will be my last post here
I lied  Wink
I didn't plan for such an absurd attack on my last post.

Bye. You say money was the third reason you got into crypto but the social implications still apply and yet you have sold up your mining hardware, a few old GPU's it seems, so that you got out with a profit. That says more that you got into it primarily to make as much money as you could and when it never turned out to be as good as expected you got out regardless of social implications or other reasons that supposedly got you into it.
I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that I primarily got into it to make as much money as I could, or how you know what my expectations about profit were?
I got into cryptos right before the litecoin price surge, so it was still questionable if I would make enough to pay for the hardware I bought, so please don't accuse me of something you have no proof of one way or another.

I got into it as I said because I was interested in the actual bitcoin protocol. How much talk do you see here about Merkle hashes for example? Could you give a brief technical explanation?

What is a HW error? What causes it and what are it's implications? No one seems to talk about those sorts of thing here, in fact I ended up reading CGminer's source to find the answer. Understanding things like these are more interesting than yet another scam coin or multipool to me, that's the main reason I've left, small profit, lots of heat and noise are other reasons.

Regardless of social implications? What?
I got into cryptos first because of interest in the protocol and social implications
I was interested in the social implications. I learned a lot about them, as much as I wanted to. I've moved on to other interests and projects.

Saying others had a get rich quick mentality yet you flocked with them. That was your interest as well, most displeasing. Putting your efforts solely into obvious scam coins to try and make as much as possible instead of making existing coin networks stronger.
Yes, I did mine scam coins, and I'm just as guilty as anyone else. However I didn't get into cryptos for that reason, and I knew it wasn't sustainable. Also how do you know that I solely put my effort into scam coins?

People are trying to claim money back and are taking legal action and your several large comments, on this page alone, help nothing.
OK,  how did your large comment help "people trying to claim money back and are taking legal action"? Also I only posted on this page, my first comment was a possible scenario of what happened, from there I was attacked twice, now three times.

As I said, I hope there's justice for those who lost money. But with a scam it takes two to tango. Instead of solely blaming Alpha, I only said it might be worthwhile to ask what they could have done to avoid being scammed. Those that don't understand this *do* need help.

For someone who has done nothing you speak with great authority!
What exactly have you done???

I didn't see you saying anything before they brought out pre orders, so why you feel the need to pipe in now it has gone badly is bad form. Glad you've hung up your soap box as well as your couple of old extra GPU's as like you say there are very few who seem interested in innovation or change. I understand Wink
You're right I didn't say anything, although my initial thoughts were: yes there will be Scrypt ASICs, but I didn't have much faith in Alpha.

I have a very naive idea about hardware designed, having design some very basic circuits in VHDL (I can substantiate that with code). So I knew from a technical standpoint that Scrypt ASICs were possible, and almost certainly coming.

In the kind of community I imagined before I got involved, I figured most would know more than I do about FPGAs/ASICs. But if you look back to the first pages of this thread it's clear that very few have any idea, and were posting based on rumors and gut feelings. Kind of like you how made lots of assumptions about my motives and actions based on nothing but emotions.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
oox
Activity: 27
Bye. You say money was the third reason you got into crypto but the social implications still apply and yet you have sold up your mining hardware, a few old GPU's it seems, so that you got out with a profit. That says more that you got into it primarily to make as much money as you could and when it never turned out to be as good as expected you got out regardless of social implications or other reasons that supposedly got you into it.

Saying others had a get rich quick mentality yet you flocked with them. That was your interest as well, most displeasing. Putting your efforts solely into obvious scam coins to try and make as much as possible instead of making existing coin networks stronger.

People are trying to claim money back and are taking legal action and your several large comments, on this page alone, help nothing. People love to spread FUD so folks with GPU farms don't want ASIC to come along and wipe out their profits. Because a few people said something, means nothing.

For someone who has done nothing you speak with great authority! I didn't see you saying anything before they brought out pre orders, so why you feel the need to pipe in now it has gone badly is bad form. Glad you've hung up your soap box as well as your couple of old extra GPU's as like you say there are very few who seem interested in innovation or change. I understand Wink

I got into cryptos first because of interest in the protocol and social implications and second to see if I could make a little money. I was displeased that the community was almost entirely comprised of redditors with a get-rich quick mentality. Very few seem interested in innovation or changing the financial industry, which is why Bitcoin was created.

The community along with razor thin profits pushed me away, I've sold all my mining hardware and got back my original investment. I have a few bitcoin in cold storage, but barring that I'm out, and this will be my last post here.

Understand that for the same reason that I've left that scams will continue to happen. Who's a better mark than a group of people who don't care about / understand the underlying technologies and are filled with avarice?
Just to make sure that it's clear, I'm not laughing at those who lost their money. I don't revel in the misery of anyone who has been scammed, and I hope they get justice.

My comments were for those who continue to defend their poor choices, instead of choosing to learn from them.

I got into cryptos first because of interest in the protocol and social implications and second to see if I could make a little money. I was displeased that the community was almost entirely comprised of redditors with a get-rich quick mentality. Very few seem interested in innovation or changing the financial industry, which is why Bitcoin was created.

The community along with razor thin profits pushed me away, I've sold all my mining hardware and got back my original investment. I have a few bitcoin in cold storage, but barring that I'm out, and this will be my last post here.

Understand that for the same reason that I've left that scams will continue to happen. Who's a better mark than a group of people who don't care about / understand the underlying technologies and are filled with avarice?

Instead of automatically coming back to attack me / bitching about how bad your luck is, why not contemplate what I've said, the actions that have led you here, and try to understand how you can prevent something similar from happening in the future.

bla bla TLDR

No one agreed to no refunds after a certain point. We agreed to 50% refunds for cancelling between 3-5 months. Absolutely nothing about cancelling afterwards (now) and not receiving a full refund.

How can we prevent this from happening in the future... Make sure we are successful in suing this company and tearing every dollar away from them so that other mother fuckers learn the lesson and do not steal our money?

I smell fanboy all over your face

Yea, no shock you lost your money. Going to invest thousands on a product, but TLDR.

TLDR early on this samepage I said at best even if Alpha even had any intentions to make a miner they were still planning to profit if they failed, and in this same damn post I accused Alpha of being shady. If you can't tell that I'm not a fanboy no wonder you can't spot a bad investment.

TLDR oops that previous paragraph is probably too long for you.

TLDR people like you who don't do due diligence will soon be separated from your money.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Instead of automatically coming back to attack me / bitching about how bad your luck is, why not contemplate what I've said, the actions that have led you here, and try to understand how you can prevent something similar from happening in the future.

bla bla TLDR

No one agreed to no refunds after a certain point. We agreed to 50% refunds for cancelling between 3-5 months. Absolutely nothing about cancelling afterwards (now) and not receiving a full refund.

How can we prevent this from happening in the future... Make sure we are successful in suing this company and tearing every dollar away from them so that other mother fuckers learn the lesson and do not steal our money?

I smell fanboy all over your face
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
people need to stop acusing customers of being greedy.

+1
people need to stop acusing customers of being greedy. Yes we wanted to earn profit, but do you go to your job for fun or to get payd?

I spread my bets on 2 different companys and now they are both screwing me, that has nothing to do with greed. I orderd products based on what was promised. All this captain hindsight talk is bullshit. I was not greedy when i wanted asic to provide for the UTC community. this was noble, so save me the nonsense

Captain hindsight, maybe that's a moniker that fits. But trying to figure out Alpha's motivations seems more productive than bitching and moaning about the money you lost.

You used the word bet, granted in an expression, but that's really what you were doing: gambling. If one wants to gamble they're much better off, objectively, playing a game like blackjack or betting red/black on roulette as the odds approach 1/2. However many people still play the lottery, the odds are much worse, so why do they play? Greed, the fantasy of hitting the big jackpot makes them forget about everything objective.

It's the same thing with Alpha and these miners. You got on the pre-order, sending your money months in advance to a company who since day one gave much doubt over their legitimacy. You and the others did this knowing that there existed the possibility of never seeing your money again, but hoping that you'd get a miner that'd make more than you'd invested. Now you have the cheek to say it wasn't greed that forced you to gamble all your savings? If you thought this was a good idea at the time, and continue to defend your decision, then if it wasn't for Alpha, you'd have squandered the money away sooner than later - a fool and his money are soon separated.

All this promise talk is bullshit. The only real promises Alpha gave were that they wouldn't refund your money after a certain point, they never addressed what would happen if they didn't deliver or what you'd get in compensation if they delivered late. And many people asked when Fiaz started posting on this thread and he never answered. So save this poor victim talk, blame your greed which made you gloss over what was actually promised.

The cryptocurrency community at this point is almost entirely driven by greed. It is no longer about innovation, providing an alternative to traditional financial instruments or anything else noble. You say you're going to support the UTC community, why? Because you've got UTC and you want the value to increase? That's why people hype scam coins (the majority of the time anyway), not because of community, or the coin's innovations (new logo in most cases is the only innovation) or wider acceptance of cryptos, but because they want the value to increase so they can profit - that is greed.

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
people need to stop acusing customers of being greedy. Yes we wanted to earn profit, but do you go to your job for fun or to get payd?

I spread my bets on 2 different companys and now they are both screwing me, that has nothing to do with greed. I orderd products based on what was promised. All this captain hindsight talk is bullshit. I was not greedy when i wanted asic to provide for the UTC community. this was noble, so save me the nonsense
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
As to Flower tech, weren't they originally in bed with the Alpha tech folks? I coulda swore I remember them talking amongst themselves well over a year ago, about a partnership.

This is some speculation that GAW were relying on Ensilica / Flowertech for the technology in the Vault Breaker too.
And some conjecture that the new (virtual) Hashlet/Cloud introduction was a response quickly thrown together after it because clear that Ensilica wasn't going to deliver on time, as a way of meeting obligations to provide hosted VB hash before KNC ships the Titan.
Anyone following this story is, of course, now asking themselves how come none of the Zen hash is actually appearing on any of the pools zen supports … ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8373385 )

All good rumors … nothing more, nothing less
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
sadly, we are surrounded by human vermin who take sick pleasure in fucking strangers over and then blaming them for being so stupid as to believe blatant lies...

some of them deserve it for doing the same/similar thing previously...

but they fail to acknowledge any culpability due to their aforementioned sickness

Well, we are people and people make misstakes and bad judjments.

this is true, and we forgive those that make mistakes/bad judgements IF they learn from them.

serial mistakes arent mistakes, theyre something much darker and deserve no forgiveness.

and some people are just cunts
Activity: 34
sadly, we are surrounded by human vermin who take sick pleasure in fucking strangers over and then blaming them for being so stupid as to believe blatant lies...

some of them deserve it for doing the same/similar thing previously...

but they fail to acknowledge any culpability due to their aforementioned sickness

Well, we are people and people make misstakes and bad judjments.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
great, now im screwed out of 14000 dollar on alpha and flowertech. thank you guys, really splendid. that was all i had. i should be hashing by now, and i just bought some pipedream. investments lost, refunds refused. really nice going. you really messed up my life.

withouth the proper return i should have had by now, i was forced to launch my crowdfunding campaign without a 3d model, and without proper marketing. and now my 2 year effort is turning into shit , the campaign is on 61 euro after a week, thanx for messing up my life!
I feel really bad for you, but i have one tip DO NOT put all your savings in investment my friend.
Pages:
Jump to: