Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 89. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
we are sorry we did not deliver the hopium in time, but we are working on a plan to offer shares in an ever stronger hopium.

rest assured and trust in us.

Now I know that your statement is not from Alpha... there is no "that's a fact" in it.

Meanwhile 1/13th of my 50KH Hashlet is paid for with just under 5 days of mining. Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
we are sorry we did not deliver the hopium in time, but we are working on a plan to offer shares in an ever stronger hopium.

rest assured and trust in us.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
It seems more of you guys are getting full whack back from Amex and i only got back 50% - 70 GBP.

I closed the door on myself to ask Amex for the remaining 50% or I can say, which is true, that I got from THEM ama i could to make it easier on Amex/alleviate the load?

I would call Amex and explain the situation, tell them you took the 50% - £70 because that's all they would give you and it lowered the risk on you (and Amex) but you would like to file a chargeback for the remainder as their refund policy is illegal.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
It seems more of you guys are getting full whack back from Amex and i only got back 50% - 70 GBP.

I closed the door on myself to ask Amex for the remaining 50% or I can say, which is true, that I got from THEM ama i could to make it easier on Amex/alleviate the load?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
As stated, what they are attempting to do is insanity. It is not illegal to tell people your plan. They have announced their plan to offer shares. That is all. They have not offered shares.

Correct, they will not be able to do this as there is a plethora of reasons why they cannot.

Why they offered this? They are ignorant children under the age of 27 trying to run a business who have heard various solutions that various companies have had in the past to deal with various problems and they shouted this out to everyone real fast.
They have not done ANY research at all into this matter, clearly.
The other possibility is that they simply came up with a real scam and this is it.
The third option and the absolute least likely, is that they will actually go through all the work to make the company a legitimate publicly traded company. (RoFLMAO HAHAHA WTF LOL)

As far as your contract and order goes you can view it this way
They have not violated their contract yet by trying to add things to it (shares)
If you paid in full (and my god I am so sorry for you if you did) after they announced the share plan, then you are entitled to a full refund when you are not given shares in the company by the time batch 1 ships.
If you paid in full BEFORE they announced the plan for shares, then you are out of luck all together.

Again, not a lawyer here, just the most logical person I know.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
somewhat of a legal question here, and I know you guys arent lawyers but its something that i think needs brought up. For the people still waiting to hear about the shares deal, what happens if they somehow do pull off a miracle and ship devices before the end of September, but prior to offering you shares or doing anything to move that forward?

If they ship them and you accept it prior to getting shares, is that technically the conculsion of the original contract you signed (which included nothing about share offerings)? Couldnt they then just not offer shares and claim the original contractual obligations were met? I understand that offering shares in a company is something that takes months worth of time, but their lack of transparency in this endevour makes me think they are just trying to bide their time. They could at least be releasing a road map, timeline, companies they are working with for audits, etc.

I'm not holding out for the shares, but i know there are people who are and this could be another way alpha sticks it to their customers.
You won't be getting shares. The fact they even offered them is illegal. If you offer shares to more than 100 people in the UK or 35 in the US it is considered a public offering. This a VERY highly regulated and costly undertaking and many hoops have to be jumped through, including opening up your books and disclosing proprietary information or you risk prison and a hefty fine. Yes some crowdfunded ventures get away with it but Alpha have made enough enemies to guarantee someone turns them in and they are offering to many countries each with different regulatory bodies and rules, this will take YEARS and very deep pockets, neither of which Alpha have.

My guess is you'll get a wishy washy offer of profit sharing. This will give you no control over the company, no way to audit them to see if they are being honest, no representation on the board and no way to sell or transfer your "shares" if you want to get out.

Frankly, I think whatever they offer you will be worthless. I doubt they will sell any more batch 1 miners. They are severely underpowered and overpriced compared to the competition. Batch 2 was supposed to be 650mh/s which is already outdated so good luck with that. If Alpha do manage to get gear out the door in September it will be rushed and poorly put together so expect that to tank the last dregs of their reputation.

My guess is you batch one customers are funding an ASIC farm for Alpha. Whatever they don't sell they will keep, dissolve the company and start mining. You probably won't see a penny of whatever scheme they are offering you. Once you get your rickety underpowered miner Alpha will have concluded their business with you "according to their Terms and Conditions" and they will disappear.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
somewhat of a legal question here, and I know you guys arent lawyers but its something that i think needs brought up. For the people still waiting to hear about the shares deal, what happens if they somehow do pull off a miracle and ship devices before the end of September, but prior to offering you shares or doing anything to move that forward?

If they ship them and you accept it prior to getting shares, is that technically the conculsion of the original contract you signed (which included nothing about share offerings)? Couldnt they then just not offer shares and claim the original contractual obligations were met? I understand that offering shares in a company is something that takes months worth of time, but their lack of transparency in this endevour makes me think they are just trying to bide their time. They could at least be releasing a road map, timeline, companies they are working with for audits, etc.

I'm not holding out for the shares, but i know there are people who are and this could be another way alpha sticks it to their customers.

They can't legally offer shares to everyone that is in batch 1.  So don't even take that into consideration. 
Activity: 402

well, that's unclear.

As you indicate, I'm not a lawyer, but I think it can be seen both ways.  two lawyers on opposite sides of the table could argue either side, I think.

they have made the promise to offer shares, so could someone push it?  I suppose.

How much would it cost to litigate that and is it worth it?  what will the shares be worth?  next to nothing is my guess, although I don't know and we won't until, and if, Alpha puts out the value of the company.  normally this would be SOP when issuing a prospectus, but I personally think Mubasher is a moron that is too clever by half and simply doesn't realize he's not as smart or clever as he thinks he is, so he will try to get by without offering solid information and leave himself enough wiggle room to screw people even if they do receive stock. 

I also think this is unlikely to even get that far.  I wouldn't assume it will be case and therefore base a decision on what may be if some best case scenario unfolds and this miraculously works out.  Base your decision on the facts you have now. 

What we do know is that this team looks shaky.  Inside people have been jumping off the ship instead of onto it.  If they thought the company was worth staying with, I think they'd have stayed with it.  They had much more to gain than any of us and bailed while distancing themselves as much as possible. 

Ask yourself if you would buy shares in this company, as that's the real question to ask.  I know I wouldn't on a dare.

IMO, they're outgunned in their market talent-wise, their launch is in the toilet, their miners are losers before they ship, their name is trashed in the marketplace, GAW and KNC have left them in the dust. the bleeding will continue with respect to refunds to people via credit cards or the court system and the legal bills will start to pile up with no new source of revenue to offset any of it.  So, I think they're dead already, but maybe just don't know it.

They're accountants, and I'd love to see the cash flow statement right now, accounting for some of this and projecting out 6 months or so.  it's gotten pretty quiet over there and I have no doubt they've run their scenarios and I doubt it's looking particularly good.  From a valuation perspective I think their value as a business is likely falling like a rock as we speak.

people are better off, IMO, in pulling out all the stops to get their money back now.  that fight looks easier to me than litigating stock options, even if you have to take it to the court system to get your refund.

so, if there are people holding out for shares, they might want to rethink that.   Just my opinion, of course.
Activity: 19

Activity: 433
Hi, i promised to Keep you informed about my case.
Yesterday i got reply from mastercard. They are charging back my Money in full!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

i will ask py PM for some different BTC adresses to make a Little Donation to those who advised me, like i promissed.
i´ll have to wait some day´s  until the Money is back on my account again.

thank´s again for all the Information and your help guys... Wink

Nice one mate. I'm glad it worked out. 
Activity: 28
I for one am not be drinking the GAW Kool-Aid. I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't take physical delivery of. What are you going to do with your VB hashlet equivalents if the house of cards starts running into cash flow problems and can't pay those outsized returns ?

Thats right, there will never be a time a Hashlet cost more to run then you make, and they will always make money.

Rest Assured

~L)L~

I dunno, but even with my free electric there is a limit of how many devices I can physically run.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!
Such a shame Alpha didn't pull this off...even more of a shame for those of you with funds invested/tied up with them.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
 I for one am not be drinking the GAW Kool-Aid. I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't take physical delivery of. What are you going to do with your VB hashlet equivalents if the house of cards starts running into cash flow problems and can't pay those outsized returns ?

Thats right, there will never be a time a Hashlet cost more to run then you make, and they will always make money.

Rest Assured

~L)L~

Activity: 616
But alpha is doomed even with a product ...GAWminers just announced FREE hashing to the people who purchased their Vaultbreakers (6995) 750mh and the smaller
don't know the price 350mh ..while not available as equipment to them yet FREE hashing either temp (till equip shipped prob in a month) or perm xfer to their
virtual hashing farm FOR THE WHOLE BATCH considering that it is likely imho that the GAWminer's Vaultbreaker (before they sold out) was as large at least as
the kNC Titan batch 1 that is likely to arrive at your door in 6 weeks ...well even if alpha got something out it would be way too little way to late

as a Titan purchaser I be screwed ...so expect a big big splash in that folks who ordered the above now have option to hash as soon as they can email
gawminers

Sounds to me like they think they may be late if they're trying to push virtual hashrate out the door just to say they 'did it'. I've also been wondering why they're so uppity about beating KNC to the ground, unless a lot of it is hype to generate more sales based on how most people make buying choices using emotion. I've liked how GAW has been producing gear lately, but this particular push falls out of their normal operation pattern.

whatever if you got a Vaultminer you are very happy today. As to KNC's reply to all this trash talk by Gawminer's ..nada zip...zilch they have our $$
no refund...and KNC used to be such a good company

I would wager it's because KNC doesn't care to respond and play the "beat my chest harder than the other monkey" game.
Activity: 402
The machines are already worth virtually nothing even if delivered today.  They have a 0% chance of RoI.  A month from now, the hash they produce won't even pay for the "supposed" 300w power usage.  Odds they will deliver within 5 weeks? 0.  They just can't pull it off that fast, they are MONTHS behind schedule, not weeks.  They outsourced everything... EVERYTHING and "hoped for the best".

Unfortunately, I paid in full... because of the threats that I'd lose my deposit if I didn't.  I also paid both in bitcoin.  Odds of me seeing Any of that money back? 0.  Could I win a lawsuit? 99% chance.  Would I be able to collect on that judgement?  Not a chance.  If they find a way to actually produce a product, they would declare bankruptcy to wipe out their debts, sell their business to themselves, and create a new company with no debt and a working product.  Seen it too many times.  That's also how they would "stop the business from being in existence" to wipe out your shares.  If it were even legal for them to give you shares to begin with.

Never risk more than you can afford to lose: and I didn't.  I've taken a number of risky crypto based investments, and I lost about the same as I've gained in the last 8 months.  Might have lost a couple hundred, but not that big of a deal.  This... I've written off as a 100% loss.  But... I've gained knowledge and wisdom.  Don't buy something that doesn't exist.  Don't buy ASICs EVER.  There's simply no way to make your investment back, simply based on the quantity these multiple companies are producing.  No matter what the speed is, if a company sells 10,000+ units of some Super Asic, the difficulty will rise so high that even the super Asics no longer makes it's cost back, Ever.  It's guaranteed self-obsolescence.

you could hire a debt collection service that gets nothing if you don't.   just a thought...

i hired one and they came back to me saying they tried some phone lines and asked around and could not get in touch with them so they closed my case without any charge to me as they were unable to collect. wasn't a great moment for me when i read that.

that sucks.  I think it's a requirement that they have to have a phone line though, so it could be added to your evidence.  people are filing through the small claims system also.

there are instructions on this thread and here:  http://www.abunchacrap.com/Alpha01052014/atindex.html

I don't know how much $ you've got into them.  If it's a few hundred, maybe it's not worth the trouble, and it's your call naturally.  I just hate these pre-order Ponzi schemes and hate to see people bilked out of their money.  As indicated in my original post, I'm also pissed at Alpha for running me in circles, so I'm happy to help people find help if I can.

Activity: 34
Would be funny if your PSU would be worth more than the machine it self.. after all VAT etc...
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Isn't it about time we get another case update of some sort?  I mean really, I wanna know what kinda fan's and PSU this bad boy is gonna need.  Wanna ask Santa to put a PSU in my stocking JIC alpha is actually shipping by then.
Activity: 223
Merit: 116
The machines are already worth virtually nothing even if delivered today.  They have a 0% chance of RoI.  A month from now, the hash they produce won't even pay for the "supposed" 300w power usage.  Odds they will deliver within 5 weeks? 0.  They just can't pull it off that fast, they are MONTHS behind schedule, not weeks.  They outsourced everything... EVERYTHING and "hoped for the best".

Unfortunately, I paid in full... because of the threats that I'd lose my deposit if I didn't.  I also paid both in bitcoin.  Odds of me seeing Any of that money back? 0.  Could I win a lawsuit? 99% chance.  Would I be able to collect on that judgement?  Not a chance.  If they find a way to actually produce a product, they would declare bankruptcy to wipe out their debts, sell their business to themselves, and create a new company with no debt and a working product.  Seen it too many times.  That's also how they would "stop the business from being in existence" to wipe out your shares.  If it were even legal for them to give you shares to begin with.

Never risk more than you can afford to lose: and I didn't.  I've taken a number of risky crypto based investments, and I lost about the same as I've gained in the last 8 months.  Might have lost a couple hundred, but not that big of a deal.  This... I've written off as a 100% loss.  But... I've gained knowledge and wisdom.  Don't buy something that doesn't exist.  Don't buy ASICs EVER.  There's simply no way to make your investment back, simply based on the quantity these multiple companies are producing.  No matter what the speed is, if a company sells 10,000+ units of some Super Asic, the difficulty will rise so high that even the super Asics no longer makes it's cost back, Ever.  It's guaranteed self-obsolescence.

you could hire a debt collection service that gets nothing if you don't.   just a thought...

i hired one and they came back to me saying they tried some phone lines and asked around and could not get in touch with them so they closed my case without any charge to me as they were unable to collect. wasn't a great moment for me when i read that.
Pages:
Jump to: