Author

Topic: Alt coins worth buying - page 125. (Read 259617 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 16
January 12, 2018, 05:13:42 PM
Well, thats really a tough thing to answer. Of course some altcoins are good. But most are not recommend to invest in. Do research on your own to find good investments.
I would recommend OAX and Ethereum.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 01:11:42 PM
@Viberate. Great platform behind the coin.
Activity: 42
January 10, 2018, 01:06:21 PM
Greetings to everyone!
There is a pretty new anonymous cryptocoin that currently has a low price, but began to grow in the last days.
Its called BitcoinZ. Here is a video describing it and an interactive explanation of the zkSNARKS - Zero Knowledge algorithm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hVG888tOpY&t=944s

Have a nice day!
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
January 10, 2018, 12:05:53 PM
One can argue that there are many altcoins worth buying but I beg to differ. Only a few from the 1398 altcoins/tokens listed are worth a second look. How tho choose one?

These are my criteria:

- Premined or not?

Premined coins are too suspicious. The devs take an initial big slice for themselves always justifying that with some philosophical rhetoric but there are many past examples of total scam coins using this scheme. 

- ICO or no ICO?

I don't like ICOs, I prefer to invest in an already ongoing project with given proof of stability and endurance. I'm not saying all ICOs are scam, but same of them are for sure!

- How old is the coin?

In my book, if a coin is still being actively traded after 3/4 years of existence, this has to mean something; there is a faithful community behind it.

- Is it still being actively developed?

Following the previous point, if after 3/4 years the coin still has a dev team committed to it with real plans for the future, then it has a real project!

- Does it have any real use besides pure pump and dump speculation?

Is the coin being used for any kind of purchases? If not, are there any plans for it? Otherwise, it will only be a play toy for trading.

- Does it have an active and large community?

How large is the community? Is it still active or everybody left a long time ago?

- Is it PoW of PoS?

Proof of Work is a dead end, the power consumption is obscene. Not viable for the average domestic crypto enthusiast. Proof of Stake can be done with a Rasberry Pi  Grin

- Fully functioning wallet?

Some coins have terrible wallets, unstable, not user friendly. This is a key factor, the software has to be in line with the state of the at crypto developments.

- What is the current marketcap?

A coin already above 100mil might not be the best bet if you can find a good one below 100 mil with a good growth perceptive.

- What is the current/total coin supply?

Scarcity might prove to be an added value in the long run if you are planning to hold a coin and leave it for your kids!

Activity: 328
Merit: 10
www.daxico.com
January 09, 2018, 07:12:02 PM
WAves, ripple ,Omg and litecoins are the most profitable coins I will tell you to buy if you have some cash to invest in cryptocurrency. They have been around for sometime now and have proven to be a good investment.
Activity: 163
January 09, 2018, 07:03:36 PM
Of course all your profit will come from altcoins, if u hold just bitcoin u ll have profit just some dollar but if u trade with altcoins u ll get more bitcoins.
Activity: 172
January 09, 2018, 06:53:23 PM

Oyster Pearl (PRL) and Substratum (SUB)
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
January 09, 2018, 03:12:18 PM
You have to visit coinmarketcap.com and  do some analysis. You don't have to base on other people opinion to do such business with high risk and much money involved. But I know that Storm Token , Snovio, Elecrtoneum and Soma has a very good future.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
January 09, 2018, 03:07:45 PM
we have lot of coins to invest in but we should invest in those coin whose value is less now and will increase in future just like NXT, ETH, neblia is gonna be big soon.
Activity: 28
January 09, 2018, 02:59:10 PM
@Viberate is worth buying right now. www.viberate.com
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 09, 2018, 01:59:29 PM
I think NEM would be a good buy. You may also want to check out Change (CAG), they have a pretty good team and an interesting product.

NEM is one of the most advanced cryptocurrencies in the market with near instant transactions and a unique consensus algorithm. With its Proof of Importance algorithm, along with Delegated Harvesting (which allows anyone to harvest XEM safely within remote nodes unlike other cryptocurrencies) NEM will make a great impact in crypto land.

Given its unique features, I believe that it is a great buy since it may become more valuable over time as people realize its true potential (not to mention that Catapult scalability solution is on the way). Of course, there are other good altcoins to buy within 2018 like Ethereum which will upgrade to Casper PoS consensus algorithm to give it a boost towards network capacity and energy efficiency. Since ETH is the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap up to date, it would be a great buy for the long term.

Change is another good altcoin with promising development and innovation. There are other alts which are within the most prominent cryptocurrencies by market cap, like Dash which offer cheap fees, faster transactions, and better privacy than Bitcoin. It's only a matter of time before these altcoins boom in the market and become extremely popular in the mainstream world. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 154
January 09, 2018, 12:15:40 PM
UNIFY and RUPX.
very low max supply.pos.good coins and community.
unify is up x100(!!) in a few months(from 0.006 to 0.6)
unify has maximum coins of 19 million.marketcap is near 4 million.
bittrex and cex.io are planning to add this coin soon.
10 $ easy by june 2019.
join chat:
https://t.me/joinchat/FYtJO0Ls6GxxJSvdXxjIeQ
https://www.reddit.com/r/RupayaCoin/
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 06:19:10 AM
I red recent comments, most of people think that its better to invest to ETH, though its my personal opinion that nowadays ICOs have much more potential than ETH or BTC. You need less money to invest and in case of proper investment it might bring significant income.
January 04, 2018, 05:09:41 AM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.

I would invest in FASTINVEST ICO it has great potential they already have developed successfully operating FinTech business with more than 8500 daily users. Do not miss their ICO!
Activity: 434
January 04, 2018, 04:49:10 AM
Most of the people would have undoubtedly mentioned about Ethereum. Currently, Eth prices have almost doubled from what it was in the last week. I suggest new potential Alt coins, such as ACC or Nuls which have excellent project setup and product/service to back their cryptocurrencies are worth buying, as that won't be dumped easily, people are definitely holding them whoever has such coins. So, research well before buying any of them.
Activity: 322
January 04, 2018, 04:44:53 AM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.

You can actually visit the coinmarketcap if you are not sure what will be the best coin to invest. There are different coins out there but not all of the are really profitable. You can also depend on the speculations of bloggers on what coin you should invest in order to make more profit this year.
January 04, 2018, 04:38:35 AM
I’d pick TNT
Activity: 111
WBVC - fearless approach to investing
January 04, 2018, 04:29:32 AM
I agree with folks preaching - ICO's are high risk/high return, be prepared to lose all you invest. At the same time, if you do end up investing - make sure you do your research. Do not ignore the security aspect of your investment - we grade 3-5 ICO's/day on their visible/invisible cybersecurity hygiene (aka CryptoHygiene). Learn more at http://securecoin.capital/coins

Read more about why security hygiene of ICO's matter: https://www.securecoin.capital/single-post/2017/10/21/Why-should-you-care-about-the-security-hygiene-of-an-ICO
Activity: 154
January 04, 2018, 02:36:54 AM
look at how the Etherium creeps up, before going too far, buy Ethereum right now, I'm sure that in the near future Ethereum will grow dramatically.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
January 03, 2018, 07:17:01 PM
I think in my personal opinion,  before you invest in any altcoin,  please do your research to know more about the company,  the team, their roadmap and all.

This gives you a perceived value of what the coin's value could be in the future.
Jump to: